Montgomery Bell Academy in 2008 Herbstreit Classic in Cincinnati, OH?

WarriorFan

if MBA really was invited to this game, it certainly is an interesting choice. I guess this is one of those things that MBA can't really say "no" too, but I wonder what the circumstances are behind it? MBA hasn't appeared in the national rankings since 2003. Hasn't won a state title since 2003. I would have to assume that Maryville would be the logical choice, but I'm sure they have an East TN team to beat 50-0 instead of taking a shot at this game.

As proud as I am of Daniel and the job he's done so far, I don't see MBA having the team to go be competitive in one of these things right now...

I have a bunch of friends who went to St. X in Cincinatti...the school (like St. X in Louisville) is enormous. Brandon your article notes that St. X in Louisville has 1400 boys in the high school...MBA has around 500. BA must have around 200. You have to really time it right (i.e., have an exceptional group of athletes at the right time) to have the team to play against these huge schools.

I don't think the size of BA or MBA has anything to do with how good they are. Look at BA. They have gone toe to toe with the biggest and best schools in the state...year after year.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess Melrose,Central,Hillsboro,Red Bank,Alcoa and MOWest are sorry teams? MBA barely beat Hillsboro. The same Hillsboro Maryville destroyed last year. Alcoa whipped McCallie 2 years in a row. Maryville wears out Alcoa every year.

Beating a team in 2006 that MBA beat in 2007 (that you did not schedule by the way) and beating a team that beat a team is a sad way to demonstrate one's prowess.

You guys crack me up with your obsession of Maryville . I thought that MBA & BA took pride in being honorable and classy ? These continuous shots at Maryville by several of you guys have done nothing but lower everyone's opinion of your own schools . Because of a few national polls , that we could really care less about , some of you guys have decided to criticize and belittle a public high school's accomplishments over these last several years . A few of you guys want to imply that we are cowards because we haven't decided to go out and start scheduling nationally ranked teams and private schools , instead of the teams that we have traditionally played over my entire lifetime ( I'm 46 ) . It's not Maryville's fault that there was a public / private split , we had no problem playing Brentwood academy in 76 & 78 . You guys are obviously more jealous of the attention that Maryville Is getting right now than us Maryville fans are concerned with a few of your fans lack of respect ...... so ... I don't think Maryville should be the one having to go the extra mile to get your dream match up . Maryville would love to see MBA or BA In the state championship game next year , If we were to make it there , all you guys have to do is quit giving out scholarships . Catholic High school has no problem with this . I've heard over and over how great both schools are and how neither one recruits , and doesn't need to , the school recruits itself . Simple solution Isn't it guys ... problem solved . I promise you guys this though , I won't lower myself to some of your all's standards , and start implying that your school's are cowards if you're not willing to come out of that comfort zone of handing out $20k scholarships to promising athletes .

You guys crack me up with your obsession of Maryville . I thought that MBA & BA took pride in being honorable and classy ? These continuous shots at Maryville by several of you guys have done nothing but lower everyone's opinion of your own schools . Because of a few national polls , that we could really care less about , some of you guys have decided to criticize and belittle a public high school's accomplishments over these last several years . A few of you guys want to imply that we are cowards because we haven't decided to go out and start scheduling nationally ranked teams and private schools , instead of the teams that we have traditionally played over my entire lifetime ( I'm 46 ) . It's not Maryville's fault that there was a public / private split , we had no problem playing Brentwood academy in 76 & 78 . You guys are obviously more jealous of the attention that Maryville Is getting right now than us Maryville fans are concerned with a few of your fans lack of respect ...... so ... I don't think Maryville should be the one having to go the extra mile to get your dream match up . Maryville would love to see MBA or BA In the state championship game next year , If we were to make it there , all you guys have to do is quit giving out scholarships . Catholic High school has no problem with this . I've heard over and over how great both schools are and how neither one recruits , and doesn't need to , the school recruits itself . Simple solution Isn't it guys ... problem solved . I promise you guys this though , I won't lower myself to some of your all's standards , and start implying that your school's are cowards if you're not willing to come out of that comfort zone of handing out $20k scholarships to promising athletes .

Solomon, This is what I am talking about. This kind of entertainment is priceless!!!!

Brentwood academy vs MBA should be called the cheaters and recruiters bowl. Both teams recruit the whole state. This game is important because whoever wins will have the best recruiting class. Brentwood academy has cheated since the 80s. What brentwood academy has done over the years is like a traveling all star baseball team taking on local little league teams. MBA started recruiting to keep up with brentwood academy. Speaking of cupcakes. It looks like brandon has been eating too many.

$20K scholarships??? No one goes for free.....

Schwiering, I left out Bobby Gentry & Wendell Harris too! I earned my red from Coach Bobby - can't leave him out.

Wendell's office is right next to mine......we share war stories on a daily basis.....

Brentwood academy vs MBA should be called the cheaters and recruiters bowl. Both teams recruit the whole state. This game is important because whoever wins will have the best recruiting class. Brentwood academy has cheated since the 80s. What brentwood academy has done over the years is like a traveling all star baseball team taking on local little league teams. MBA started recruiting to keep up with brentwood academy. Speaking of cupcakes. It looks like brandon has been eating too many.

/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> I was a lineman at BA.....big then....big now....

I guess Melrose,Central,Hillsboro,Red Bank,Alcoa and MOWest are sorry teams? MBA barely beat Hillsboro. The same Hillsboro Maryville destroyed last year. Alcoa whipped McCallie 2 years in a row. Maryville wears out Alcoa every year.

Hillsboro's team this year is a different team than last year....just like last years team for any school is different.

Well , I'll just keep it simple for Brandon & mini-brandon-32doo .... Why can't Brentwood Academy follow Catholic High school's lead and play in D1? Has BA became so dependent on giving out enticements to their athletes that they can't play without this crutch ? Honestly , it looks like you guys would want to prove that you can win without this little " extra " that other schools can't use . Why not step up and remove all doubt of the dreaded RECRUITING rumors ?

Actually, our obsession is observing how the Maryville guys go balistic when someone states something that is not 100% the way they believe.....You can talk about how much you think of the program, and the good they do, but mention one or two things that could help the program, and they become wild men......

Well , I'll just keep it simple for Brandon & mini-brandon-32doo .... Why can't Brentwood Academy follow Catholic High school's lead and play in D1? Has BA became so dependent on giving out enticements to their athletes that they can't play without this crutch ? Honestly , it looks like you guys would want to prove that you can win without this little " extra " that other schools can't use . Why not step up and remove all doubt of the dreaded RECRUITING rumors ?

Why would we want to play DI???? That would be for the most part boring...we played DI for over 25 years....won in the highest level (5A) twice with about 200 boys in the whole school, and took the program to another level...we got thrown over to DII because it was created to let others have a chance to win....you guys can have DI.......we like the all star matchups.....if we could play teams like Smyrna or Riverdale or Ravenwood and the likes every week.......it would be fun. Outside of that.....no thanks. The mission of BA is to take kids in, no matter how much money they have if they meet the schools criteria.

There is a lot more to BA than football. A small percentage of financial aid recipients are football players. Football gets all of the press but that is not the primary mission of Brentwood Academy. We do not have the Catholic Church subsidizing our operation. Why do you mention ANOTHER school you guys don't have the guts to play? I don't see Catholic High School on your schedule. ANOTHER good team that Maryville ducks.

Solomon, I can't believe this only costs me $12.00 a year. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />