7-AAA 2007-2008

MidTennFootball

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the term MVP is awarded by coaches and team mates, the V should represent 'valued' not 'valuable'. To say a player is most valuable would be to imply his or her resale value is the highest. In fact the award is given to the player most appreciated by his or her colleagues, ie. the most valued.

Wow !! that's too deep for me !!!

Most

Valued

Player to his/her team.

Carter is as good as cutter by the way if not better

I know what it stands for. The Heisman is supposed to go to the best player in college football but it usually goes to the best player on the best team, excluding this year. Also TJ, please cite wikipedia next time you quote it and try to sound intelligent

And 2p, Cutter has been the leading scorer about half the time this year. Very rarely has he scored 20+ points.

But as evidence by the Oakland game and the continueing streak since then, its clear he is what makes Siegel go. He gets teammates involved more now than ever before.

People can debate all day about who is the most valuable or "valued" as TJ's wikipedia quote says, but nothing will ever get settled. Regardless of what the award says it should be, it goes to the best player in todays world. Thats the way it is and there isn't much arguing that fact.

I know what it stands for. The Heisman is supposed to go to the best player in college football but it usually goes to the best player on the best team, excluding this year. Also TJ, please cite wikipedia next time you quote it and try to sound intelligent

And 2p, Cutter has been the leading scorer about half the time this year. Very rarely has he scored 20+ points.

But as evidence by the Oakland game and the continueing streak since then, its clear he is what makes Siegel go. He gets teammates involved more now than ever before.

People can debate all day about who is the most valuable or "valued" as TJ's wikipedia quote says, but nothing will ever get settled. Regardless of what the award says it should be, it goes to the best player in todays world. Thats the way it is and there isn't much arguing that fact.

I agreee with pretty much everything you said.

Not all though.

I didn't say I wrote that myself /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Don't mention that Blackman won the second half by 5 either. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Ok ...I will mention it...Blackman won the 3rd qtr by 3 and lost the first half by 31. Does that make you feel better. Siegel was in cruise mode the scond half. Isn't that the half where they were throwing oops and Hammonds was a dunking machine and the kid from New Orleans even got one. So you were right, Blackman beat Siegel one qtr. WITH Alex Carter!!!!!! But the STARS won the game!!!!!!!

Ok ...I will mention it...Blackman won the 3rd qtr by 3 and lost the first half by 31. Does that make you feel better. Siegel was in cruise mode the scond half. Isn't that the half where they were throwing oops and Hammonds was a dunking machine and the kid from New Orleans even got one. So you were right, Blackman beat Siegel one qtr. WITH Alex Carter!!!!!! But the STARS won the game!!!!!!!

Like wc beat siegel with delaney!!!!

Blackman beat Siegel 2 quarters.

You say that Siegel was in cruise mode the second half yet you think the Blaze played good in the first half? Wow...I think you speak for yourself.

I was at the Blackman-Siegel game, and I know the Stars had one of the best defensive games I ever saw them play. And according to the paper the Stars won 3 qtrs not only two........but it doesn't really matter how many qtrs and who won them....all that matters is the Cutter and crew DRILLED Blackman by 25 or 26 points. Can't argue that point!!! Good luck to my Stars against Riverdale on Tuesday!!!