7-AAA 2007-2008

MidTennFootball

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White Co. fans chanted we're #1 because right now we are #1. You really hope you meet White County again? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Be careful what you wish for.

I didn't get to go to the game. I did get home to listen to it. The announcers are very partisan. But they do a very good job. Robert and Jerry Don were very partisan but it didn't show quite as much on air but they would let you know when the ref's blew a call. As for White County fans we have always been overzealous. Actually WC fans seemed to have toned it down some from years past. I have talked to past players that said they were never more intimidated anywhere than White County .At times overzealous fans will not act as they should. On the postgame show Mitchell seemed very indecisive. He said he even considered not playing the starters. Personally I think its unacceptable to consider not playing the starters when the fans are driving through 2 or 3 counties to go watch their team play ball. But I didn't go so thats not really my problem. A problem for some people nonetheless. 85 I was in Oak Ridge this past week and saw their team on television. From what I saw you are 100 percent right about how they're playing. Congrats on the win Blackman.

WC should have been ahead of Blackman from the beginning. They let them stay in the game and then the refs took over from there. When you have a # 1 team called for 32 fouls and a T on a coach who never gets one you can bet something is up unless the other team has a lot of fouls called too. Blackman had 12 fouls called on them all night. A charge on one end was a foul and the other end it was a block. In short Blackman played with 8 players last night because they were home. It is not a win to be proud of. Sometimes some players on a team get carried away and foul out but when you foul out Delaney, Mitchell, Puckett,Greene,Brown and Johnson all there is something wrong that anyone should be able to see. This is not just because WC lost, you didn't hear complaining about the Lebanon nor the Oakland game being called bad but this one should make history. It a shame that it has to spoil the fact that Carter had 42 points for he is a good player without any help from the refs.

No. You guys were called for 32 fouls because White County started fouling and wouldn't stop. This was my first time watching White County this year and man did the ever use their forearms to handle the ball. I saw 1 charge you guys that should have been a block. Nothing was up. Watch the game tape again. Every foul they called...WAS A FOUL. I hope White County hasn't got away with that forearm all year. That's what I'm saying.

Nice cheapshot Delaney. You lost all respect from me. Elbow to the eye. Pathetic.

No. You guys were called for 32 fouls because White County started fouling and wouldn't stop. This was my first time watching White County this year and man did the ever use their forearms to handle the ball. I saw 1 charge you guys that should have been a block. Nothing was up. Watch the game tape again. Every foul they called...WAS A FOUL. I hope White County hasn't got away with that forearm all year. That's what I'm saying.Nice cheapshot Delaney. You lost all respect from me. Elbow to the eye. Pathetic.

I'm sure Delaney will lose sleep knowing you don't respect him.

No. You guys were called for 32 fouls because White County started fouling and wouldn't stop. This was my first time watching White County this year and man did the ever use their forearms to handle the ball. I saw 1 charge you guys that should have been a block. Nothing was up. Watch the game tape again. Every foul they called...WAS A FOUL. I hope White County hasn't got away with that forearm all year. That's what I'm saying.Nice cheapshot Delaney. You lost all respect from me. Elbow to the eye. Pathetic.

I'm sure Delaney will lose sleep knowing you don't respect him.

First of all anyone that was at the game last night will tell you that you did not see a basketball game. What you saw was a three ring circus with the refs being the ring leaders. Yes the game did get out of hand with the last couple of minutes, but you have the refs to blame, they let it get out of hand. Now for everyone that says Sparta is just being bad sports you did not hear us complaining when Lebanon and Oakland beat us. They beat us fair, sorry Blaze it was a win for you but not one that I would be proud of.

As far as the Sparta Fans being the worst that there is you are probably right oh wait a minute that might be because out of this district Sparta is the only one that has any FANS!!! So we are the worst, the best, the most dependable, the list goes on and on. When you have fans that have been going to all of the games for 30 or more years and fans that range from 8 to 80 and yes some blind, crippled and a little bit crazy then come back and talk to us about the Sparta fans being the worst. Sorry Blaze fans but we did not hear you chanting look at the scoreboard when we were chanting number 1 maybe that's because we had more fans that you did at your home.

And to the Blaze fan who said they hope to meet us in the District, I offer you this challange go out and recruit as many fans as you possible can, you could even borrow fans from Riverdale, Oakland and Siegal you still won't have as many fans as White County,if we ever meet again and the reason why is because I want you to remember one thing

THIS IS SPARTA

First of all anyone that was at the game last night will tell you that you did not see a basketball game. What you saw was a three ring circus with the refs being the ring leaders. Yes the game did get out of hand with the last couple of minutes, but you have the refs to blame, they let it get out of hand. Now for everyone that says Sparta is just being bad sports you did not hear us complaining when Lebanon and Oakland beat us. They beat us fair, sorry Blaze it was a win for you but not one that I would be proud of.

As far as the Sparta Fans being the worst that there is you are probably right oh wait a minute that might be because out of this district Sparta is the only one that has any FANS!!! So we are the worst, the best, the most dependable, the list goes on and on. When you have fans that have been going to all of the games for 30 or more years and fans that range from 8 to 80 and yes some blind, crippled and a little bit crazy then come back and talk to us about the Sparta fans being the worst. Sorry Blaze fans but we did not hear you chanting look at the scoreboard when we were chanting number 1 maybe that's because we had more fans that you did at your home.

And to the Blaze fan who said they hope to meet us in the District, I offer you this challange go out and recruit as many fans as you possible can, you could even borrow fans from Riverdale, Oakland and Siegal you still won't have as many fans as White County,if we ever meet again and the reason why is because I want you to remember one thing

THIS IS SPARTA

I never knew that grown adults starting to chant at the high school students because they are ticked at the refs was something to be proud of.

As for us having no fans, well obviously your fans recognized us, so we must have done our job pretty well (to annoy the other fans) if the parents are going to get into a yelling match with us.

And I'd like to remind everybody that it doesn't matter who had more fans or who's #1, but it matters what the scoreboard says after 32 minutes and last night it read 80-60 Blackman and we are all VERY PROUD OF BEATING WC

I never knew that grown adults starting to chant at the high school students because they are ticked at the refs was something to be proud of.

As for us having no fans, well obviously your fans recognized us, so we must have done our job pretty well (to annoy the other fans) if the parents are going to get into a yelling match with us.

And I'd like to remind everybody that it doesn't matter who had more fans or who's #1, but it matters what the scoreboard says after 32 minutes and last night it read 80-60 Blackman and we are all VERY PROUD OF BEATING WC

Please Remember this YOU did not BEAT WC The REFS BEAT WC

Please Remember this YOU did not BEAT WC The REFS BEAT WC

Did they help Alex's 42 points go in the hole too? And as I have always remembered the #1 team usually gets the benefit of the doubt not the #4 team. WC had 32 fouls because they were fouling, most of them were legit, some were obviuosly blown but was it enough to change 20 points in the game? NOOOO!

And the best way to avoid bad calls is to not put yourself into a position to foul. That is what Blackman did, and by the way it doesn't help your case with the refs if for the last quarter and a half, your fans and coaches are all over the refs, and as I remember most of WC fouls (about 15+) came in this time period. And your count of 32 is somewhat exaggerant, you can take off at least 8-10 from fouling to try to save time in the game.

But obviously the refs are clearly bias towards the 'Boro, so what happens when there is an inter- 'Boro game?

I have one place to agree with you Morewarriorthanyouwillknow, it is that the refs did let the game get out of hand, that was their fault. And yes there were bad calls, no the refs were not consistent, but a team can't change that a team must adjust to the calls.

Ok, I am done ranting now, this is too much in one day!

I have one place to agree with you Morewarriorthanyouwillknow, it is that the refs did let the game get out of hand, that was their fault. And yes there were bad calls, no the refs were not consistent, but a team can't change that a team must adjust to the calls.

Ok, I am done ranting now, this is too much in one day!

The ref's BLAH BLAH BLAH. I wiill say this. All those Boro schools have outstanding atheletes. All of them. If you're in the Boro and you're not on you're in trouble.The threes wern't falling for my guys last night. If the trays fall WC can play with anyone. If they're not look out. I think they'll work it out however Warren County won't lay over and play dead they took Cookeville to double overtime.