Best Spread Offense in 5A

Splitbackveer11

La Vergne definately has to be mentioned....

Quinton Patton, Chris Gray, Laron Gardner, and Darnell Horton come together as one of the best receiving cores in the state.

And they can also move the ball well without passing, with Tillery (has 879 yards n 5 TD's on 105 carries)

La Vergne also plays in the toughest region in the state... 4-5A

would that be the same region as ravenwood? theyre pretty good with the spread

nope region 4-5A is more commonly refered to as "The Riverdale Region," so maybe caused your confusion /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

honestly tho, havent seen anyone run the spread much like lavergne /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

As much as everybody liked A-rod, Crocker has the much better arm for that spread offense.

A-rod did put up some big rushing numbers though...and he deserves tons of credit for changing the fortunes of a program that had been pretty down.

LHS finishes (after Siegel) vs. Smyrna, Wilson Cntrl., Riverdale...that will be a chance to see how good they run the spread.

I would be hard pressed to go against Farragut.

Look at what they did to WB's outstanding defense, put up 36, after they had allowed just 40 all year.

They have a strong line, outstanding RB and QB, and young recievers with big-play potential.

I believe the coaching staff has tweaked the offense since last year to rely on the option more.

Kudos to the offensive staff, they seem to have a great system in place with great kids to run it..

yea i would say that farragut's wr are lacking in experience. none of them have seen playing time on varsity until this year except for zach allen. but what their spread does prevent, is teams lining 8 or 9 in the box to stop sterling. and when they need to pass, martland has been efficient enough to keep the defense honest

I think most high school football is cyclical. Region 2-5A is coming off the wing-t cycle, and into the spread cycle. 5 years ago there were 5-6 teams running the wing-t, now everyone is in the spread. You a lot of the defenses now running 8 man fronts, particularly the 3-5 that Farragut runs, with an occasional 4-4. Once everyone catches on to stopping the spread and blocking the 8 man front, people will switch again. It will be interesting to see if Farragut stays with the spread next year with a pro-style QB, and an I-formation RB coming up.

How many teams do you think that are running the spread this year, would be better served running a different scheme, due to the personel they currently have?