8 AAA - Who's going to make a run?

fcvoyager

Lawrence County came out firing early and gained a 15-3 lead. Columbia came back and made it a game for a while then Lawrence County turned it on and put it out of reach. They really played strong tonight and big game for Erin Robbins /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lincoln co 53-43 tullahoma

Tullahoma led most of the first half thanks to an 18-2 run to take a 20-10 lead. Lincoln County had two big runs that proved to be the difference in the game. The first was a 10-point run late in the third period to take a 35-32 lead early in the fourth. Tullahoma fought back and led 38-37 with 5:25 to go when the Lady Falcons reallly turned up the defensive pressure and made a 13-point run that settled it. Candace Gordon (19 points) and Tricia Steelman (17) were outstanding for Lincoln County and their most underrated player, T"Essence Phelps, scored all six of her points during the deciding 13-point run. Tullahoma played well in the first half and OK in the third quarter but couldn't answer when Lincoln County made its fourth-quarter run. Lots of turnovers down the stretch. Still, they're very young (almost always 3 or 4 sophomores on the floor together) and that's just one of the many lessons a young team has to learn....how to respond late in the game when your legs are going and the other team makes a run. For the most part, the effort has been outstanding this season. Congratulations Lincoln County on the win. They have several young players also.

Tullahoma led most of the first half thanks to an 18-2 run to take a 20-10 lead. Lincoln County had two big runs that proved to be the difference in the game. The first was a 10-point run late in the third period to take a 35-32 lead early in the fourth. Tullahoma fought back and led 38-37 with 5:25 to go when the Lady Falcons reallly turned up the defensive pressure and made a 13-point run that settled it. Candace Gordon (19 points) and Tricia Steelman (17) were outstanding for Lincoln County and their most underrated player, T"Essence Phelps, scored all six of her points during the deciding 13-point run. Tullahoma played well in the first half and OK in the third quarter but couldn't answer when Lincoln County made its fourth-quarter run. Lots of turnovers down the stretch. Still, they're very young (almost always 3 or 4 sophomores on the floor together) and that's just one of the many lessons a young team has to learn....how to respond late in the game when your legs are going and the other team makes a run. For the most part, the effort has been outstanding this season. Congratulations Lincoln County on the win. They have several young players also.

What happen to Lincoln County's best player from last year ? I can't recall her name, but I thought she was a junior last year. Is she gone or hurt? I think Franklin County is the team that will surprise in 8aaa this year. Good luck to all the teams in 8aaa, and we will see ya come region tourney time.

What happen to Lincoln County's best player from last year ? I can't recall her name, but I thought she was a junior last year. Is she gone or hurt? I think Franklin County is the team that will surprise in 8aaa this year. Good luck to all the teams in 8aaa, and we will see ya come region tourney time.

their best player is candace gordon a sophomore she was at city last year

but the girl you are talking about is the steelman girl she is a senior

14....you might be thinking of Savannah Hill. She graduated and is playing college ball somewhere. Unless I'm mistaken, Steelman is the only returning starter from last year, but I'm sure some Lincoln County folks can clear that up.

I'm sure he is either thinking about Savanah Hill or Leesa Jeffries

I was suprised to hear the score of this game even though Shelbyville does have players out. Whats the latest on the hurt players?..Will they be back before the Lawrence County showdown next Friday?

According to the Tennessean box score, Jarrell is back, though I don't know how much she played. She scored eight. Didn't see Graves' name in the box score, though. I think Lincoln County is better than a lot of people give them credit for being. I believe Steelman and Gordon could start for any team in the district, and Phelps and Barnes are also tough.

What about Franklin County girls?

they are 8 and 0 after defeating Tullahoma by 20+ points.

They did not have a lot of trouble beating Blackman and Coffee county,

but they have Lincoln County and Shelbyville, the next two games.

I just an old grandpa who loves watching girls play BB, but I believe

they will be in contention for 8AAA...but i will have to wait and see.