8 AAA - Who's going to make a run?

fcvoyager

It`s January now and the district race is now in full swing. What is everyones take on upcoming district games?

Not sure who plays who and when but it looks as if the Eaglettes are once again alone at the top and the rest are in "chase" mode. I too thought that Lawrence County would give them a better game last month but I think the lack of respect from some of the 8AAA folks had the Eaglettes feeling that they needed to prove a point, which they did. I do not believe that it will be a cake walk. Time will tell if the Eaglettes have the killer instinct that it takes to stay on top.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure who plays who and when but it looks as if the Eaglettes are once again alone at the top and the rest are in "chase" mode. I too thought that Lawrence County would give them a better game last month but I think the lack of respect from some of the 8AAA folks had the Eaglettes feeling that they needed to prove a point, which they did. I do not believe that it will be a cake walk. Time will tell if the Eaglettes have the killer instinct that it takes to stay on top.

I think a part of the problem with the Lady 'Cats last month in Shelbyville was they got a little shell-shocked. Shelbyville came out strong early, and it was 12-4 before we knew what hit us. One thing is certain, if the Lady 'Cats avenge their loss tonight, the schedule sets up very favorably for them the rest of the way. LCHS is 5-0 on their home floor this season, and the only two remaining road games they have are against teams they beat the first time around by a combined 35 points - 1/22 at Coffee County and 2/5 at Franklin County. IMO IF the Lady 'Cats win tonight, they move into the driver's seat in 8-AAA.

Well the Lady 'Cats made a run at it tonight, but Shelbyville showed they are a very good team. They completely took Angela Spann out of her game tonight and pressured our outside shooters all night. LCHS found a rhythm late in the second half, finally getting the shooters some room by driving and kicking out, and Jordyn Luffman had a phenomenal game, but Ceny Phelps, Hannah Dawson, and Sha'para Johnson hit some key shots down the stretch to help Shelbyville hold on. I was a lot of good things out of the Lady 'Cats tonight, unfortunately for us it just wasn't quite enough. We're gonna be tough the rest of the way though.

Well the Lady 'Cats made a run at it tonight, but Shelbyville showed they are a very good team. They completely took Angela Spann out of her game tonight and pressured our outside shooters all night. LCHS found a rhythm late in the second half, finally getting the shooters some room by driving and kicking out, and Jordyn Luffman had a phenomenal game, but Ceny Phelps, Hannah Dawson, and Sha'para Johnson hit some key shots down the stretch to help Shelbyville hold on. I was a lot of good things out of the Lady 'Cats tonight, unfortunately for us it just wasn't quite enough. We're gonna be tough the rest of the way though.

LC offense is lacking, live and die by the three. We saw spurts of an inside game, Jordyn Luffman is awesome, just a sophmore. Shelbyville is good, well disciplined. Should be interesting.

I THINK LAWRENCE COUNTY NEEDS TO SPREAD THE OFFENSE UNCLUTTER THE MIDDLE

AND OPEN UP THE LANE. IF HILL SPANN OR ROBBINS IS OPEN ON THE OUTSIDE POP IT.

THAT WOULD KEEP DEFENSES FROM SETTING ON THE INSIDE PLAYERS.IF THEY CAN DO THIS

LUFFMAN AND SMITH WOULD SEE MORE OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS FALLING IN THEIR HANDS.

NOT A COACH JUST AN OBSERVER!

Lawrence County in my opinion needs to open up the middle by driving and kicking. When they hit outside shots it spreads the defence out and drives are much more effective. I honestly think the girls get to worried about the thought of big games and don't play to their capabilities. If they get over that then they will be just fine come tournament time.

the eaglettes an lady lions play feb 1 at shelbyville. last tiem columbia won after shelbyville played the worst game probably in schs history. i expect the eaglettes will win handily sincce they seem to be back on track after destroying wilson central, but we'll see. if they do the district is theirs. making their 24th in a row

the eaglettes an lady lions play feb 1 at shelbyville. last tiem columbia won after shelbyville played the worst game probably in schs history. i expect the eaglettes will win handily sincce they seem to be back on track after destroying wilson central, but we'll see. if they do the district is theirs. making their 24th in a row

It wont be 24 in a row. I know there have been several teams that have won the state tourney ( LAwrence Co and Coffee Co), that dosent mean they won the district, but I believe LAwrence Co did. I know Columbia won the district in 04-05. They went 12-0 in the regular season and then beat Lincoln Co in the finals.

Shelbyville without a doubt has been the most dominant, but it's not 24 in a row.