Union Co at Carter

oldcoachg

This game is the definition of a "hangover" game. The Seymour/Carter game is always full of emotion and for the past 2 years has settled the region champ. Union County has played Carter a LOT tougher than what the final score shows. I don't think that the Patriots have firepower that is needed to beat Carter if the Hornets play well, but that bowlingball of a running back for UC will definitley give Carter some fits. I think that this year's score will be a little lower than last, but with the same result. Carter wins 13-10. By the way, did that great kicker for UC graduate, man he could kick the hide off of the ball, and he was a healthy looking dude, too!

I agree that this game will be closer than most people think. Even with Carter coming off the big win over Seymour, I believe Carter players still realize that this is an important game for them. From the last few games, it seems like the offense is clicking and the defense is coming around for Carter. I feel that last week against Seymour was the first time the hornets have played together as a group on defense and it definitly showed. The passing attack should be the deference in this game and I believe Carter starts to pull away in the late third quarter. My prediction Carter-35 Union County-21

This Carter team is getting better every week the Hornets can name the score too many athletes for the Patriots

Carter 52

Union Co. 0

It isn't good for Union in football or basketball this year. Their QB is out for the year and might not play sports again depending on how bad that knee injury really is. Report I heard was it was a real mess...reckon Coach McBrayer is wishing he was still in Oak Ridge right about now?