South Doyle over Central 29-28 in 2OT

Rebelsports

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you be talkin about a " App- State" llike upset if you were at home and not at the game. Sure we didn't capitalize one all the oppertunities, but it was nothing like App-State and Michigan. How can you say "it feels good to be an SDHS student" then in the next say "our self-esteem will surely be crushed when we play Maryville next week" that is just the kind of attitude that i expect from someone who doesn't know the dedication it takes to play football. Shame on you

Now c'mon. Do you honestly think(Unless you play for the school, then I would expect you to have that mindset) that we can beat Maryville. This team could hang with Carroll HS in Texas, Miami Northwestern in Florida, or Trinity in Louisville, Kentucky, and you're gonna come on here and say that SDHS can hang with Maryville.

Get real. I root for the Kees every game, but I'm a realist, and I see us losing by at least 20. I belive that Lenoir City is a sure win, and Halls is a winnable game.

well i realistically believe if we play like we did last night and take advantage of Maryville mistakes the yes it can be an interesting game. Maryville has not exicuted this year as the have in the past and been in close games. Yeah have played tough teams, but so have we West, Powell, and Clinton is the most improved team in our region. Last night is the first time this season we have put 4 quarters together and you saw the outcome of that. Did SD play a perfect game, NO, did we take advantage of all thier mistakes, Not even close however we fought hard till the last snap and we won.

Halls is a very beatable team! The game last night they had with Powell was a very boring game with no offense! If we can stop their running back then we have a decent shot at this one, but lets not look to far ahead we still have a winnable game coming up! Great game last night guys way to play the whole game and not give up.

The people of South Knoxville personally take offense to being slammed by a coaches wife! I am not here to add insult to injury, but felt a need to respond to these statements~

I am so proud of our "BOYS" for winning this game. They are tired of being called losers and being put down by the coaches that they decided to give it their best go and thankfully we came out on top. Even a wounded dog gets up and licks their wounds and will eventually turn on their owner and fight till the end, and I think that is what these boys did against Central. They played their butts off, believed in themselves and gave it their best shot!

It seems you are doing the same thing you accuse other of doing, hiding behind a screen name. I do think some of the coaches are dedicated and care about the program, however I do not think they all do. Some of them are in it for a paycheck and that is the wrong reason to be a "coach". You must have a love for the game, the boys, the community, the school and your own staff. If you are receiving a coaching supplement to help "keep your house" (thats what the boys have been told on several occasions) then you are in the wrong profession. And yes, we probably don't know how "great" some of them are because they fail to display their greatness so we can experience it.

Let's talk about their families for a minute. When a coach takes the job, they know what a sacrifice it is on their families, so that is no excuse. They should feel obligated to attend funerals of their players....they should be there for them....however, I think that mentoring goes a little far here.....One player seems to be getting a little more than another (wonder why that is?), not quite sure but I am sure it hurts the one who is not getting as much "mentoring" as the other. (Interesing choice of words you used in "mentoring"). I hope they are doing more behind the scenes than they are doing publically. And yes, this is tragic for these boys and I do hope they are being "helped".

And the coaches only pick up certain kids (and hey are they even supposed to have students in their car...be careful here....I don't think you are supposed to transport students or athletes in your personal vehicle). And do you think if a parent is not going to take the time and use their gas to bring a kid to practice that they are going to be concerned enough about the program to post on coacht or even come to the games for that matter. (I am not talking about all those kids here, but there are several). The coaches choose to do this, why? Not really sure, but I do know I have taken some of these kids home before and when you get there, hum the parents are home! It' is expected by some people, but not all. They didn't run my kid anywhere because I care enough about my kid as do most parents to get them where they need to be when they need to be there. These are also the same coaches who don't treat all the kids the same...I have also bought kids food out of my own pocket, you know why? Because that is just what you do when you are an adult and you are supportive. Don't get on here and act like these coaches are the "saints of all saints" because they haven't proven it to this community. A lot of parents do things behind the scenes, such as taking kids places, buying them meals and we don't get a paycheck for being a "coach".

They meet on Sunday, good for them, it probably is part of the "job", and maybe daddy would get home before 8 p.m. if he lived in the community. Commitment... have you as the spouse ever thought of coming to practice to support daddy or taking the team out to eat or having them to your house? I know some of the coaches have had kids over, and that is great! And they know what the salary is when they take the job. Collegiate athletes, exceptional (Come on now...got any proof of that one)

Compare SD baseball to SD football, there is no comparison...to the coaches or the students who play the game. One reason a lot of "better" kids don't play is because of some of the "riff raff" that has played in the past and several who still do! Trust your purse in the room with them...I don't think so! Get rid of those kids, have some discipline, have respect for the kids, care about the facilities and you might get some of the SD baseball players out or some of the other 1300 other studets walking the hallway to come out and play. Some of those kids just don't want to be assocaited with the program, because of the reputation.

History...who will remember this! We won a game tonight, and yes it was better than most, but History? Come on now! And yes, theses were the same coaches tonight, but it was a different mind set of the kids, I'm not sure I would credit the nights win to coaching. After all, they are the same coaches who had the "gameplan" for Powell. They told the kids they were coaching their way at the Powell game, perhaps that wasn't such a good idea....

I hope you also get satisfaction from this post because someday, many years from now your kids are going to be athletes (maybe) and some "coach" is going to tear them down and make them feel like crap about themselves....it will be at that moment that you feel exactly how many parents and community members feel now... You will ache for your very own kid who no longer has confidence in themselves because a "coach" has affected they way they will view themselves for the rest of their lives, and it is up o the parents to help pull them back up, after all, isn't that what parents do!

Remember praise publically and criticze privately....perhaps the coaches should read "Silent Strength" by Tony Dunge, now that man can call himself a coach!

You sound like a parent of a player who does not get to play. If he is like you I can see why! Parents like you need to get happy or go home or go to UT and get a degree and then you can coach. Yes coaches know the pay the assist's get around 2,800 and the head coach get around 5,400 because of parent like you is why young coaches get out of coaching.

You sound like a parent of a player who does not get to play. If he is like you I can see why! Parents like you need to get happy or go home or go to UT and get a degree and then you can coach. Yes coaches know the pay the assist's get around 2,800 and the head coach get around 5,400 because of parent like you is why young coaches get out of coaching.

Way to go Kees!!! The kids needed this win mentally.

Coaches shouldn't be doing this for the money any way, why even mention how much they make. Remember the kids put just as much time and energy with no pay... There are plenty of parents out there that put ALOT of time into feeding these kids before ball games and after, getting things for the team (t-shirts ect.), having a banquet at the end of the year, making sure the seniors get something to remember their highschool years. They put their time to work a booth on Friday nights, arrange the biggest pep rally that South-Doyle has ever seen. ALL FOR FREE!!! They have had yardsells to raise money for the kids. They do it for the kids not a paycheck. Some of these parents spend almost as much time as some of our coaches, all for FREE!! they ask for nothing but for the kids on the team to be treated fairly and respectfully. I don't think this has to do with play time. It's how ALL the kids are treated.

The post earlier doesn't apply to all the coaches on our team. We do have some coaches that really care, and are respected by the kids. We have some that don't show favortism, if those coaches could just continue to uplift and encourage our boys, teach and discipline our boys, and most of all be there for our boys for more than just football. There are parents out there that appreciate your time and commitment; there are boys out there that watch you and look up to you. We thank you for all you do.

Way to go Kees!!! The kids needed this win mentally.

Coaches shouldn't be doing this for the money any way, why even mention how much they make. Remember the kids put just as much time and energy with no pay... There are plenty of parents out there that put ALOT of time into feeding these kids before ball games and after, getting things for the team (t-shirts ect.), having a banquet at the end of the year, making sure the seniors get something to remember their highschool years. They put their time to work a booth on Friday nights, arrange the biggest pep rally that South-Doyle has ever seen. ALL FOR FREE!!! They have had yardsells to raise money for the kids. They do it for the kids not a paycheck. Some of these parents spend almost as much time as some of our coaches, all for FREE!! they ask for nothing but for the kids on the team to be treated fairly and respectfully. I don't think this has to do with play time. It's how ALL the kids are treated.

The post earlier doesn't apply to all the coaches on our team. We do have some coaches that really care, and are respected by the kids. We have some that don't show favortism, if those coaches could just continue to uplift and encourage our boys, teach and discipline our boys, and most of all be there for our boys for more than just football. There are parents out there that appreciate your time and commitment; there are boys out there that watch you and look up to you. We thank you for all you do.

Coaches do care about the kids but remember they are your children no ours. Our kids are at home with our wife. Do we care about the kids yes do we want to win yes do we want what is best for all of the kids yes. We do this for the love of the game and the love for all players. If parents help and expect nothing in return that is great but if they expect playing time or think they have a right to complaint and kept the team second guessing the coach because they hear it at home we don't need you. Go home and stay there or go to another school.

Coaches do care about the kids but remember they are your children no ours. Our kids are at home with our wife. Do we care about the kids yes do we want to win yes do we want what is best for all of the kids yes. We do this for the love of the game and the love for all players. If parents help and expect nothing in return that is great but if they expect playing time or think they have a right to complaint and kept the team second guessing the coach because they hear it at home we don't need you. Go home and stay there or go to another school.

Some coaches, that has been the whole point.

Ok greasedlightning- First off, I love my wife dearly so it would be a little diffucult to be a SD coache's wife. And even though I am not married to one, I do work with them each day.

You and your "Community," or as we like to call you the "Doyle community," should support the SD cherokees win or lose. It is no wonder this football program has been terrible for so many years, when people like you are a part of it. What it boils down to is that your child doesn't get to play and you want a new coach in. I just doesn't seem right that you put all this work into the booster club and your child still doesn't get to play, does it? The truth is, the coaches play the best players, and your child just so happens not to be one of them. That's life.

I don't blame the coaches for not wanting to live in the community when we have people like you representing us.

Coaches do this for a paycheck? Are you kidding me. We all work together and you know what a teacher's paycheck looks like. I hardly think that any of these coaches are in it for the money. How about the love of the game? Obviously something you know nothing about.

Some coaches care and some don't? Who, since you know so much? Do you call favortims helping a child with his homework, giving him a ride, patting him on the back?

Its great that you are such a great parent and are able to help your child so much, but not all children are that fortunate, and it takes the heros, like a football coach, to give the kids who may not have a chance, a good chance.

If you are bad mouthing these coaches, what are you teaching your child? Sounds like to me that you are teaching him that if he doesn't get his way, then it is always someone else's fault. Like I said, we can't all be first string.

I am not taking stabs at your child, just at your support of this program. If you don't like it, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. The SD community that I live in can do without negative people like you.