Gordonsville @ Friendship

Please... this university cares more about it's woeful football program than it does much else. Good example, two weeks ago we have the power generator for the entire campus blows out at 2 in the morning. Me and a few guys go to the courtyard and everybody is talkin about the power going out and such... well we head up to the roof to see how much of the campus is out. The entire campus is black, dark, just gone... and the football field is sitting there with it's own private power source lite up like the monument to southern football that it is... it was at that moment that I knew i made the right choice about college. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I have been inside it. They have a wax statue of Paton Manning next to Eddie Moore. Along with a bunch of trophies in glass. The inside practice field is also awesome. Nice big gym. Team meeting room with leather seats, two huge viewing screens. Walked the Vols walk before the Arkansas st. game. Went on the field during warm ups. Sat above the UT tunnel behind the goal posts. In the seats, not bleachers. Ate behind the tunnel in the cafeteria for dinner and at half time. The had some really nice looking senior honeys leading us around. You know what I am talking about now? You are correct. Its electrifying.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been inside it. They have a wax statue of Paton Manning next to Eddie Moore. Along with a bunch of trophies in glass. The inside practice field is also awesome. Nice big gym. Team meeting room with leather seats, two huge viewing screens. Walked the Vols walk before the Arkansas st. game. Went on the field during warm ups. Sat above the UT tunnel behind the goal posts. In the seats, not bleachers. Ate behind the tunnel in the cafeteria for dinner and at half time. The had some really nice looking senior honeys leading us around. You know what I am talking about now? You are correct. Its electrifying.

All of that and we still can't get an SEC title... killing me...

I spend my pre-game time over on Frat row. Then head over to the vol walk and then the student section. I guess your at the ripe old age where you prefere to sit and grunt at good plays than to stand and scream like an idiot. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> I'm all in a twitter for the South Carolina game, i got prime seats for that one.

As far as FCS vs Gordonsville goes, it is official gameday in possumtown!

Just thought I would let you know. The SP Jr High team won the SVC Championship game tonight against Bledsoe Middle 40-16. It was 16-16 at the half and pretty tight until the 4th qtr. We went 9-0 this year, 9-0 last year and we are 32-1 over the last 4 years.

Just thought I would let you know. The SP Jr High team won the SVC Championship game tonight against Bledsoe Middle 40-16. It was 16-16 at the half and pretty tight until the 4th qtr. We went 9-0 this year, 9-0 last year and we are 32-1 over the last 4 years.

Yes. Sounds like the speed continues. GV won all their JH games this year also. They went 8-0 or 7-0 not sure which. Ended season with FC 7-0 win. We are not in a bowl situation in this area. They dont put much stock in Jr high ball I guess. Shame.

All of that and we still can't get an SEC title... killing me...

I spend my pre-game time over on Frat row. Then head over to the vol walk and then the student section. I guess your at the ripe old age where you prefere to sit and grunt at good plays than to stand and scream like an idiot. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> I'm all in a twitter for the South Carolina game, i got prime seats for that one.

As far as FCS vs Gordonsville goes, it is official gameday in possumtown!

If you were at the Arkansas game you had to see me we were in GV shirts. Walked through the walk like the players. just before the UT players. It was a great feeling. People screaming on both sides of the walk. Slapping hands. Cops everywhere.

Them honeys steady asking what do you think? Think you would like to come to school here. Them GV boys were all smiles. I just drove them there. Stayed with them the entire time. It was something to see. I was amazed compared to the other campuses. Maybe the Gators will offer a show. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Yes. Sounds like the speed continues. GV won all their JH games this year also. They went 8-0 or 7-0 not sure which. Ended season with FC 7-0 win. We are not in a bowl situation in this area. They dont put much stock in Jr high ball I guess. Shame.

Gville's jr. high will be in a conference next year.

Alot of teams that were tied into conferences weren't able to play them.

And, some just downright didn't want to.

And they only get to practice an hour a day.

I think this is the game that determines the season for 1 team, and it might shock you which one.

Gordonsville has already established their regular season as "average". The usual blowout loss to smith county and a loss to trousdale put them in the familiar territory of watching other people with region gold. Don't get me wrong i'm not saying gordonsville is horrible, but they were hyped as a pre-season favorite for state and this year has been just like any other for them. For them this game is just to sew up second place in region.

No i think this is possibly the game of the season for FCS. As of right now their future is in their own hands but a loss tonight would send them spiraling into a must win scenario just to make the playoffs. More importantly I just don't know what they are made of. I know the coaches want to win this football game more than anything but I can't help but remember the Monterey game where i heard from numerous people who saw it "Monterey just wanted to win more than our boys did". In my mind FCS needs to win either against Gordonsville, or Trousdale just to make the playoffs. I've never before heard of a scenario where if a team wins both they are region champs, and if they lose both they don't make playoffs.

I hope that the lack of heart that people were refering to is not true and that tonight we see FCS play with it, because it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Gordonsville is going to come into this game with it.

Good luck to both teams tonight, I sincerly hope that this game is the classic that has been anticipated all season long, the alternative is just... ugly.

I think this is the game that determines the season for 1 team, and it might shock you which one.

Gordonsville has already established their regular season as "average". The usual blowout loss to smith county and a loss to trousdale put them in the familiar territory of watching other people with region gold. Don't get me wrong i'm not saying gordonsville is horrible, but they were hyped as a pre-season favorite for state and this year has been just like any other for them. For them this game is just to sew up second place in region.

No i think this is possibly the game of the season for FCS. As of right now their future is in their own hands but a loss tonight would send them spiraling into a must win scenario just to make the playoffs. More importantly I just don't know what they are made of. I know the coaches want to win this football game more than anything but I can't help but remember the Monterey game where i heard from numerous people who saw it "Monterey just wanted to win more than our boys did". In my mind FCS needs to win either against Gordonsville, or Trousdale just to make the playoffs. I've never before heard of a scenario where if a team wins both they are region champs, and if they lose both they don't make playoffs.

I hope that the lack of heart that people were refering to is not true and that tonight we see FCS play with it, because it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Gordonsville is going to come into this game with it.

Good luck to both teams tonight, I sincerly hope that this game is the classic that has been anticipated all season long, the alternative is just... ugly.

Wow, I didnt expect this. I thought you would come with the hip hip hooray we got your number speach. What you have said is very true. Not only for FC but GV. GV QB has been hampered by Hamstring injury since week zero. Finally came back to life in the Monterey game.

This game holds the same for both teams. Have to win situation. The loser will be 1 loss away from staying home for the playoffs. FC will have to play TC and GV play Watertown next. Not sure which is in the worse boat. I hope both teams want it. So it will be another great game.

Both teams best bring the A game. If not someone is going to be embarassed. Both teams have the potential to do that. TC and Watertown are both holding their breath. They are waiting the outcome to see what they will face next week in the same situation. There is still a lot of IFs that will be left until next week. Ah yes, Region 4 1A football. You just got to love it.

GO TIGERS!!!!!! Dont forget your goal. This is what you practiced for in the 100 degree heat. While most everyone else took off......