Gordonsville @ Friendship

FCSpride, I thought that's what happened to that young lad. Were you at the game? I wish we could have met up and talked some pigskin. Why is Friendship not the team they were last season? In my opinion, they were much better last year.

Well you are entitled to your oppinion about this years team compared to last year just like everyone else is. I would however like to point out that if you consider FCS down then it is also true that gordonsville is down as well. It wasn't quite the spanking that a great team would give a down team.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you are entitled to your oppinion about this years team compared to last year just like everyone else is. I would however like to point out that if you consider FCS down then it is also true that gordonsville is down as well. It wasn't quite the spanking that a great team would give a down team.

Neither team has played a game as well as last years GV@FC. I guess its not playoff time yet. Things will improve.

Congrats Tigers and Tiger fans. Your team played well and with class throughout. Mossy, I thought your young man in particular dominated the line defensively. He had several big plays at crucial times. I also thought that Smith and Davis were the difference for the G-men. There were at least 3 times I thought Davis had broke a long one only to be tripped up at the last sec. Smith looked a little slower than I remembered him from last year but he ran alot more determined than at any time I have seen him in the past. There ere a couple of times I hoped FC had them down for the count but your boys just refused to lay down. You can tell that they've been well coached and that they have a great sense of pride in being Gordonsville Tigers and representing their school, families, and community.

As I have said on previous post I believe you guys will dominate both H20town as well as Clay Co. Your team speed and balance on offense will be the difference.

As for the Commanders, they played hard for 4 quarters. This may have been their best tackling game of the season. Which isn't saying alot. There was one particular stop of Davis for no gain where we just failed to wrap-up on a third and long that allowed G-ville to convert and go into score. It was a heart play for Davis and he just kept churning (much like his FC alumni dad used to do). I thought Jordan Carman played great for FC and layed some big hits. It was by far his best game this season. I also thought Lee played well but was not surprised. He is a competitor and always raises his game (in any sport) to meet the challenge. He will only get better with time and more experience. Jeremy played well and ran with alot more purpose than in recent games. For those posters complaining about his lack of carries, maybe he'll be well rested for TC this week as a result and can show everyone he deserved the ball more against G-ville by putting up the numbers against TC. Clint will be scheming to stop him just like everyone has so far. McNeal did a great job of adjusting his game plan for G-ville and I would expect a few other wrinkles this week on the creekbank. Parker Teeter is becoming a force at WR as well as Tumbleston. Both are starting to make big catches in big games and I look forward to watching them the next 2 years along with the talent that is coming behind them.

I think it is important to note that no one play won or lost the game last Friday. Gordonsville made the plays when they had to and got the W as a result. FC showed great heart, played till the final horn and competed with a team full of Sr's who had worked or 4 years to get a W vs. FC. There is no shame in losing only not giving your best effort. Both teams laid it all out Friday and as a result all of us spectators got a great show!

I would love to see a rematch later in the playoffs but FC must worry about getting there first. Shizzle it was nice meeting you, although you didn't know it. I didn't realize you had FC relatives. Maybe you can start convincing your G-ville peers that us FC people aren't all that bad! You seemed to be a good young man and I wish you, Mossy, Croz and the rest of G-ville best of luck on your quest for the Region 4 title. We'll try to give you some help this weekend.

Check with the guy that runs the train horn...He coached him. I know he could kick a football over 50 yards and scored alot of points for the Tigers back in 2001.

Congrats to the Tigers and the freshmen kicker for a GREAT Win!!!!

I now know who your son is. Yeah, he was a pretty good kicker. I heard he was in the marines. Haven't talked to him to possibly 2002.

I would love to see a rematch later in the playoffs but FC must worry about getting there first. Shizzle it was nice meeting you, although you didn't know it. I didn't realize you had FC relatives. Maybe you can start convincing your G-ville peers that us FC people aren't all that bad! You seemed to be a good young man and I wish you, Mossy, Croz and the rest of G-ville best of luck on your quest for the Region 4 title. We'll try to give you some help this weekend.

Did I really meet you? Are you the one who told me to wait until I get married to start complaining about gaining weight? I met so many people that night, I couldn't keep up. And nah, you FC folk aren't all that bad. I didn't realize I had relatives in the FC community until earlier this summer at my grandfather's funeral. So I guess I am kind of obligated to like you guys now, HA! j/k, in all seriousness it was a great game! a great atmosphere! and an even better result! Good luck FC against TC this week.

Neither team has played a game as well as last years GV@FC. I guess its not playoff time yet. Things will improve.

Congrats Moss sounds as if it was a great game good luck to you and yours the rest of the season

I have always like G-ville better than TC dang yellow jackets

till we chat again next year! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Or maybe the playoffs.

I thought the game was good. FCS made alot of adjustements from the Monterey game. We looked a lot better on all sides of the ball. Congrats to G'ville and the QB#15 he played a heck of a game. I enjoyed watching it, and thought the horn battle was great. I think we won that lol /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congrats Tigers and Tiger fans. Your team played well and with class throughout. Mossy, I thought your young man in particular dominated the line defensively. He had several big plays at crucial times. I also thought that Smith and Davis were the difference for the G-men. There were at least 3 times I thought Davis had broke a long one only to be tripped up at the last sec. Smith looked a little slower than I remembered him from last year but he ran alot more determined than at any time I have seen him in the past. There ere a couple of times I hoped FC had them down for the count but your boys just refused to lay down. You can tell that they've been well coached and that they have a great sense of pride in being Gordonsville Tigers and representing their school, families, and community.

As I have said on previous post I believe you guys will dominate both H20town as well as Clay Co. Your team speed and balance on offense will be the difference.

As for the Commanders, they played hard for 4 quarters. This may have been their best tackling game of the season. Which isn't saying alot. There was one particular stop of Davis for no gain where we just failed to wrap-up on a third and long that allowed G-ville to convert and go into score. It was a heart play for Davis and he just kept churning (much like his FC alumni dad used to do). I thought Jordan Carman played great for FC and layed some big hits. It was by far his best game this season. I also thought Lee played well but was not surprised. He is a competitor and always raises his game (in any sport) to meet the challenge. He will only get better with time and more experience. Jeremy played well and ran with alot more purpose than in recent games. For those posters complaining about his lack of carries, maybe he'll be well rested for TC this week as a result and can show everyone he deserved the ball more against G-ville by putting up the numbers against TC. Clint will be scheming to stop him just like everyone has so far. McNeal did a great job of adjusting his game plan for G-ville and I would expect a few other wrinkles this week on the creekbank. Parker Teeter is becoming a force at WR as well as Tumbleston. Both are starting to make big catches in big games and I look forward to watching them the next 2 years along with the talent that is coming behind them.

I think it is important to note that no one play won or lost the game last Friday. Gordonsville made the plays when they had to and got the W as a result. FC showed great heart, played till the final horn and competed with a team full of Sr's who had worked or 4 years to get a W vs. FC. There is no shame in losing only not giving your best effort. Both teams laid it all out Friday and as a result all of us spectators got a great show!

I finally realized this year where all the flak comes from at FC. Its the heckler posters that stir the pot. This year they were ignored by both sides and look at the results. The game is over and they have vaporized. Only the faithful remain on both sides.

Thanks for the compliments on my sons play. He has been a driving force for GV all year. He has set his goals high. If they could afford to move him, I think at MLB he could really shine. He has the nose for the ball, and he hits with authority. Then thats just another of my opinions.

I think you pretty well covered the game. I still ponder what happened with FC & Monterey. I just dont get it. GV smacked them from the start. Just like last year. Almost a carbon copy of last years game. Then we have a game like we had. I guess its like GV and TC game. This has been a strange year. I hope what you posted on the WT thread stands true.