Mo West vs Greeneville

KEV-O

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know that Morristown West tends to struggle in "sloppy" conditions. Remember O2' and 03' when games were moved because of bad conditions. We'll see if the field gets sloppy on Friday. As one of my former coaches always said, "They're white collar and we're blue collar!" The Devils know what I'm talking about. Oops, I went against saying anything about the Trojans!!!

We all know that Morristown West tends to struggle in "sloppy" conditions. Remember O2' and 03' when games were moved because of bad conditions. We'll see if the field gets sloppy on Friday. As one of my former coaches always said, "They're white collar and we're blue collar!" The Devils know what I'm talking about. Oops, I went against saying anything about the Trojans!!![/b]

I think i know what coach would say that /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> . I dont know how the devils would do in sloppy conditions tho. they seemed fine with south.

Respect is earned eeeyyy? I see so does that mean when this team was 1-2 u didn't respect them I mean cause honestly this is a discussion board ya know and ur a fan and im a fan but to me it sounds like i have had faith and all the goodies for this team and u have just stumbled upon them oh about what 3 weeks ago. That rather dismal performance against boone got them to where they are today a unit of 1. Oh there was plenty in the boone game to inspire the players about that loss was pretty much enough inspiration itself but maybe not to u b/c all u heard was the band. So whats ur thought on the guys basketball team this year if were going into respect they lost wiggins does that mean u have no respect for them. Remember there just 16-17-18 yrs old they deserve respect and in all honesty this team has more potential to make a run farther than any previous GHS team has in the past. Even though they may not have a mr. football qb canidate or an undefeated season they have respect!!!!!

I haven't missed more than 5 or 6 games in the last 10 years so don't start with the "just stumbled upon them" crap. Yes, every adversity they have faced has made them stronger and they have earned respect. But they earned it...nobody just deserves respect.It has to be earned or inspired. Now as far as you being a fan, I will respect the fact that your a big-time fan, but sometimes you get a bit carried away with your trash talkin'. You seem to have a problem with the fact that we had some issues with your "Curt Phillips is a mediocre QB" rant before the South game. Go back and read your posts and then go look at his numbers for that game...we didn't exactly shut the guy down. He earned a lot of Devil respect that night as well. As far as the bball team goes, the board is open if you want to discuss Duncan's boys, lets have enough RESPECT for the football team to take it over there.

this will be a good game, west is not over looking Greenviile and they should not be over looking us!..it will be a 15 round fight...close game...GV will have a fight to score on the west D! they are really coming together as a team... as i read on other pages about west dressing..we dont care were we dress as long as we are on the field...

GO TROJANS!!!

Im sure if they were undefeated an playing cocke co this week they would be crawling every were

Go back and look at the boards each week. It has been quiet all year. We all know Greeneville is all excited with the new coach and the "partial" success you have had this year. However, I do think you are in for a rude awakening Friday night.

Go back and look at the boards each week. It has been quiet all year. We all know Greeneville is all excited with the new coach and the "partial" success you have had this year. However, I do think you are in for a rude awakening Friday night.

We had enough rude awakening the last couple of years to last a lifetime thanks...I think its your turn now /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Everybody loves a trojan fan and that great attitude most have.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> they sure do know how to make friends

We had enough rude awakening the last couple of years to last a lifetime thanks...I think its your turn now /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I'd say 'heartbreaks' more so than 'rude awakenings' since 2001. I'd be interested to hear from Devils fans how this year's team compares to past Greenville teams during the same period. IMO, the '02 squad was the most talented. I've always thought that if that team had been playing in class 3A, they could have gone to Murfreesboro and brought home a championship.

As for an earlier comment, wet conditions seem to favor power running teams which (except for '04 and this year) has always been the signature style for West.

This Friday night, for West to win, the Trojan D must be able to effectively shut down Greeneville's offense. Unfortunately, I do not see that happening. The Devils should their 2nd game against West since 2001 and claim the number 1 seed from region 2 going into the playoffs although both will probably share the Five Rivers conference title. I'll leave it to Boone, East, and Volunteer to sort out the 3rd and 4th playoff slots.

Speaking of the playoffs, will someone please update me as to the home field scenario for the quarterfinals. If both number 1 seeds from the Mountain Lakes and 5 Rivers reach the 3rd round, who has home field advantage this year?