WH Heritage at Jo Byrns

timbdp

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I say is UPSETS HAPPEN. Sometimes a good team(WHH) plays great and better team(JBS) plays worse and as long as JBS focus on next week, and forgets about this game, and go take care of business at Cascade. It will prove that they are still the better team in the region, Im leaving this topic and going to the next game, JBS v. Cascade, GOOD LUCK RED DEVILS

Congrats WH Heritage /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

i dont agree that jbs is a "better" team than heritage...heyre pretty equal if u ask me...there was not a situation in that game last night that any team was better.i think heritage is just as good as anyteam out there but doesnt get enough credit.congradulations heritage.and good luck to jo byrns next week.beat cascade guys dont give it up.

i dont agree that jbs is a "better" team than heritage...heyre pretty equal if u ask me...there was not a situation in that game last night that any team was better.i think heritage is just as good as anyteam out there but doesnt get enough credit.congradulations heritage.and good luck to jo byrns next week.beat cascade guys dont give it up.

I have to agree w/ you; JBS and WH-H are both really good teams w/ different styles which makes it hard to compare them. JBS is a high tempo team and is at their best on the attck in a shootout kind of game (1st half last nite) and WHH-H is more of a slow tempo, pound the ball, and play solid defense kind of team (2nd half last nite). If someone unfamiliar w/ either team is comparing them they may give the edge to JBS just b/c of their fast pace high octane offense, which I bet is very hard to prepare for, but someone who knows a little more about football will understand that a slow tempo ball controlling type of team like WH-H is the perfect type of team to nuetralize a JBS type team and say they are the better team. I personally believe they are about as even as you could get, if they were to play multiple times both teams would win some games. That is 1 thing that stinks about having a tough region opponent though, it is hard to beat a team in a hard fought game in the regular season and then turn around and have to do it again in the play-offs. Oh well I say good luck to both teams and even though it stinks for the JBS players right now after a loss (I hated losing any game) this will help them down the road IMO.....

I have to agree w/ you; JBS and WH-H are both really good teams w/ different styles which makes it hard to compare them. JBS is a high tempo team and is at their best on the attck in a shootout kind of game (1st half last nite) and WHH-H is more of a slow tempo, pound the ball, and play solid defense kind of team (2nd half last nite). If someone unfamiliar w/ either team is comparing them they may give the edge to JBS just b/c of their fast pace high octane offense, which I bet is very hard to prepare for, but someone who knows a little more about football will understand that a slow tempo ball controlling type of team like WH-H is the perfect type of team to nuetralize a JBS type team and say they are the better team. I personally believe they are about as even as you could get, if they were to play multiple times both teams would win some games. That is 1 thing that stinks about having a tough region opponent though, it is hard to beat a team in a hard fought game in the regular season and then turn around and have to do it again in the play-offs. Oh well I say good luck to both teams and even though it stinks for the JBS players right now after a loss (I hated losing any game) this will help them down the road IMO.....

34 points doesn't sound much like slow tempo. Normally the slow tempo style of 2 yards and a cloud of dust doesn't put up this many points. Sounds like both teams were playing some pretty active offense.

34 points doesn't sound much like slow tempo. Normally the slow tempo style of 2 yards and a cloud of dust doesn't put up this many points. Sounds like both teams were playing some pretty active offense.

If you were at the game you would not argue my point, in the 1st half both teams scored everytime they had the ball except for WH-H's 1st drive and maybe 1 more but I dont think so.

In the 2nd half the tempo was much slower, WH-H scored on the openning drive and then no more points were scored until the final 2 minutes of the game. So yeah over-all it might look like the game was high tempo but it really did slow down in the 2nd half.....

JBS was winning 27-21 until like 1:40 or something like that and then JBS turned it over on the 10 and WH-H converted a key 4th and long and tied the score. JBS got the ball again and had to punt and WH-H threw like a 50-60 yard pass to take the lead and win the game.

So yeah, I still stand by what I said.....1st half was high tempo and 2nd was a much slower tempo (w/ the exception of the last 2 minutes or so).

I personally think that Jo Byrns got a little too cute with their offense and it ended up costing them the game. If they would have come out in the 3rd quarter and made it a priority to run the ball, I think they would have won the game. Instead, they tried a bunch of low percentage passing plays and left the door ajar for too long. Credit WHH for making some good halftime adjustments and taking advantage of opportunities.

If you were at the game you would not argue my point, in the 1st half both teams scored everytime they had the ball except for WH-H's 1st drive and maybe 1 more but I dont think so.

In the 2nd half the tempo was much slower, WH-H scored on the openning drive and then no more points were scored until the final 2 minutes of the game. So yeah over-all it might look like the game was high tempo but it really did slow down in the 2nd half.....

JBS was winning 27-21 until like 1:40 or something like that and then JBS turned it over on the 10 and WH-H converted a key 4th and long and tied the score. JBS got the ball again and had to punt and WH-H threw like a 50-60 yard pass to take the lead and win the game.

So yeah, I still stand by what I said.....1st half was high tempo and 2nd was a much slower tempo (w/ the exception of the last 2 minutes or so).

well i don't care b/c i got bragging rights for the rest of the year and treyvols i think you eat your words if i am not mistaking...JBS and Cascade the two best teams in region 5???? HAHAHA not guess who is here to play /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Maybe You Guys Can Look At this From My Perspective. I'm Not From JoByrns Or WHH. I Really Have Not Steak In Who Won Or Lost. I Drove For Two Hours To See Two Talented Teams Duke It Out For 2 and a Half Hours To See Who Was The Leader In The Region. And Being Around Football All These Years I Have Talked Smack And Fact. None Of It Counts On The Field. At The End Of The Game All You Can Ask For Is An Oppourtunity to Win. And Both Teams Had That Oppourtunity. But Being 7 And 0 meant Both teams We're Great teams And Evenly Matched. It's A Compliment to Coaches And Fans From Both Towns. Congratulations To Both Schools. My Drive Was Miniscule to The Excitement Of Such A Hard Fought Game. Thanks To both For An Enjoyable Evening. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Maybe You Guys Can Look At this From My Perspective. I'm Not From JoByrns Or WHH. I Really Have Not Steak In Who Won Or Lost. I Drove For Two Hours To See Two Talented Teams Duke It Out For 2 and a Half Hours To See Who Was The Leader In The Region. And Being Around Football All These Years I Have Talked Smack And Fact. None Of It Counts On The Field. At The End Of The Game All You Can Ask For Is An Oppourtunity to Win. And Both Teams Had That Oppourtunity. But Being 7 And 0 meant Both teams We're Great teams And Evenly Matched. It's A Compliment to Coaches And Fans From Both Towns. Congratulations To Both Schools. My Drive Was Miniscule to The Excitement Of Such A Hard Fought Game. Thanks To both For An Enjoyable Evening. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree, it was definietly a wonderful atmosphere for football and also a great HS football game. I got chills right b/4 the game when both teams busted through their signs, both crowds were cheering, the reving of the engines, and the smoke. I wanted to put some pads on and get out there and play, lol.

I agree, it was definietly a wonderful atmosphere for football and also a great HS football game. I got chills right b/4 the game when both teams busted through their signs, both crowds were cheering, the reving of the engines, and the smoke. I wanted to put some pads on and get out there and play, lol.

At Your Age? I Came Two Weeks In A Row Just For The Experience. And I Wasn't Disappointed in The Competition or The People. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />