Ooltewah @ Farragut

hunter

No one is bringing him down... Everyone knows he is a great athlete... If you actually think Marshall is a thug then you really don't know the kid. He has never been in trouble with the administration or coaches. He has never been in trouble with the law until this incident... He did make a mistake and should be punished for it, but he is not a thug at all. He didn't hit anyone or kick anyone....

Please, stop making excuses for him. Do you understand that he is accused of starting the whole thing. As your "Star" Running back, I'm sure there were some with him that were following his lead. That he has enough sense to get the other guys to do his dirty work for him, I guess you could give him credit for that, if you think that is admirable. I do not. There are at least 5 kids whose lives are seriously messed up due to the fact he was one of the two ringleaders of this event. And, no, I don't think highly of your admin at Ootlewah. This should have been handled immediately after the event. It was pushed under the rug, and all of you on here keep spouting how they are good kids and didn't do anything wrong. Well, guess what. The law sees it differently. And thank goodness for that. They will all have their day in court to prove their case and the chips will fall.

From my vantage point, just about every adult in these kids lives have failed them. From their own parents, to their admin and football coach, as well as all of you apologists on here. Their athletic ability is more valuable to you all than building their character.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please, stop making excuses for him. Do you understand that he is accused of starting the whole thing. As your "Star" Running back, I'm sure there were some with him that were following his lead. That he has enough sense to get the other guys to do his dirty work for him, I guess you could give him credit for that, if you think that is admirable. I do not. There are at least 5 kids whose lives are seriously messed up due to the fact he was one of the two ringleaders of this event. And, no, I don't think highly of your admin at Ootlewah. This should have been handled immediately after the event. It was pushed under the rug, and all of you on here keep spouting how they are good kids and didn't do anything wrong. Well, guess what. The law sees it differently. And thank goodness for that. They will all have their day in court to prove their case and the chips will fall.

From my vantage point, just about every adult in these kids lives have failed them. From their own parents, to their admin and football coach, as well as all of you apologists on here. Their athletic ability is more valuable to you all than building their character.

Other guys to do dirty work for him???? Come on... The siblings that were injured had nothing to do with the beginning conflict. Marshall is not a thug. He has never been a situation like this and has never caused trouble in and out of school. I've seen him grow up since he was in middle school and he is a good kid. You can think what you want but he is a great kid and I bet 99% of people that know him would say the same. I guess all of these kids parents are failures and are just aweful. The whole Ooltewah administration is just garbage as is the football program and coaches.... Please.. You don't know the situation and how it went down. I also didn't say the didn't do anything wrong. They did and everyone knows that...

well now that everyone knows your from North Georgia/Ridgeland trying to build your case and say your piece, i think you ve done enuf so you need to come back under another name and start over, you posted nothing except about the incident at Ridgeland, we know it was bad for the KIDS involved at your school but what do u want us to do about it???? i dont condone it at all but you need to go and talk to somebody else about it we are tired of it. i didnt do it and neither did anyone else on here so SHUT UP and get a life, your not gonna change what happened nor am i so put your energy into helping the victims and get on a Georgia website, i m sure Stump will talk to u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

oh yea you better cool it or you mind end up with a warrant also, for starting a riot and not stopping when you were asked to do so, your getting a big pot stirred on here so whats the difference? stirring the pot is stirring the pot no matter if its in person or on the computer!!!!!!!!!! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

The Walker County sheriff announced the warrants to the media Friday in the early afternoon....about 7 hours before the Ooltewah-Farragut game started. One of the students (not a football player) had already turned himself in by that time. So don't make it sound like Coach Monroe and Principal Foster didn't know about the charges until just before the game on Friday. That is NOT TRUE. They have made it clear that they believe these people should be representing Ooltewah High School on their football team. Unbelievable.

You people who keep blaming the Ridgeland administration (who tried to keep their school campus safe from thugs), the Sheriff, and the news....ought to ask yourself: if the Ooltewah players had gone to the Ridgeland game and kept their mouths shut and not started a fight that resulted in serious injuries to a 15 year old girl...would they be in all this trouble?

oh yea you better cool it or you mind end up with a warrant also, for starting a riot and not stopping when you were asked to do so, your getting a big pot stirred on here so whats the difference? stirring the pot is stirring the pot no matter if its in person or on the computer!!!!!!!!!! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I am not trying to start a riot. I will stop talking about it because no more needs to be said. It just would anger me every time one of you would get on here and say that all they did was talk, nothing wrong with that. Someone has to stick up for the kids that were hurt.

Yes, # 24 Garrison Caldwell was among the seven students charged on Friday. He and the running back Brian Marshall were described by the Walker County sheriff as the "ringleaders and instigators" of the whole incident. Caldwell had been suspended from the team earlier in the week on something unrelated to all this.

I want to point out two things. The Walker County Sheriff is not some publicity seeking nut. He is well respected, and has been in office for many years. Two of his citizens suffered serious injuries in a gang-style attack, and he sought justice. I'm sure if it happened to someone in your family, you would appreciate the efforts of him and his department.

Also, to those who want to sweep this under the rug "because it's not related to the game," grow up. The actions of high school football players (especially if they're wearing their team jerseys) off the field, and in the community are a direct reflection on their school. And if no one has taught them that, then the adults in charge should be ashamed.

I'm sick of certain Ooltewah High school administrators, coaches, teachers and boosters blaming the Sheriff, Ridgeland fans, and the media for all of Ooltewah's troubles. They wanted all of this to be covered up and hushed up, but fortunately, justice has been done and that did not happen. Hopefully they finally learn from all this and start focusing their attention where it belongs...in their own house.

No one is saying that Ooltewah has 2000 bad students. The huge majority of them are great. But the school's leadership and athletic program should finally acknowledge that they have a number of problem students, including some star athletes, and then deal with them appropriately.

The offending thugs should be dismissed from the football team, and given some serious discipline. The fact they're still allowed to wear Ooltewah's uniform is an embarassment.

The school should make a strong statement: start with a clean slate and make every effort to regain their good reputation.

This is a great post. I know some will bash you for it, but it is truthful. The blame-the-Sheriff mentality of the coaching staff is despicable.

This whole episode could have been averted if a) the coaches planned a team outing, sort of like they do the night before a big game to keep everyone under wraps, or /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> they had scheduled a game that night.

Why did Ooltewah have two open dates this year?