Ooltewah @ Farragut

hunter

it didnt come out until the 6 o clock news and guess what he was already gone so if they WALKER CTY sheriffs dept. wanted him they shouldve came and got him, its not his fault the sheriff dept waits till the last minute to come up with some frivoulis charges, they had almost a month and finally dug far enuf into the books to come up with some petty charges

If you think that the 6 o'clock news was the first time these players and their coaches learned of the charges, you are smoking dope. Why, someone posted that bad news was coming out round 2-3 o'clock. I'm sure that the charges happened earlier in the day than the 6 o'clock news.

Here's a general note posted to all of the Ooltewah posters (and not you in particular, 2seamfastball)

If you Ooltewah posters want the rest of us to respect the fact that "it wasn't the entire team" and "the whole story hasn't gotten out' and "these are good kids other than this one incident", you likewise need to tone down the rhetoric of calling the charges frivolous, petty, and acting like the sheriff's dept is somehow trumping up the charges. Respect works both ways.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think that the 6 o'clock news was the first time these players and their coaches learned of the charges, you are smoking dope. Why, someone posted that bad news was coming out round 2-3 o'clock. I'm sure that the charges happened earlier in the day than the 6 o'clock news.

Here's a general note posted to all of the Ooltewah posters (and not you in particular, 2seamfastball)

If you Ooltewah posters want the rest of us to respect the fact that "it wasn't the entire team" and "the whole story hasn't gotten out' and "these are good kids other than this one incident", you likewise need to tone down the rhetoric of calling the charges frivolous, petty, and acting like the sheriff's dept is somehow trumping up the charges. Respect works both ways.

I can assure you very few people in Hooterville are happy with us having to deal with this issue in the first place (never should have happened) much less the way it has been handled. We (as fans) don't get to make decisions about team discipline and who gets to play and who doesn't. We also do not know all the facts, mostly a bunch of hearsay. But I do know this for a fact, there are alot of GOOD kids on this team and at this school. We owe it to those Kids to keep supporting this team through this situation. Go Owls!

I was very disappointed in the amount of trash talking done by the entire Ooltewah team. I know Sterling does some talking himself, and has been flagged for it this season, but the amount from the Ooltewah players was not what I was expecting. It even carried over to the post game handshake. I'm sure the players were upset about the lose, but that was totally classless. The shoving issue on the Ooltewah sideline illistrates their thug mentality. It was pointed out by Bipbopzot, when he said "it happened so fast and was behind the entire Ooltewah sideline". Sterling was thrown down on the track 7-8 yards out of bounds " behind the Ooltewah sideline". I can see how Sterling was a little miffed. Marshall was what was expected, far faster than anyone on the field. He can go the distance from anywhere, at anytime. It seemed Ooltewah played a lot of man coverage which accounts for Martland being able to gain so much yardage on his scrambles. Farragut's defense nearly let them down in the end, after playing a very good first half. What ever adjustments that were made at halftime didn't work out for them. Thank goodness Ooltewah's QB was inexperienced, and Farragut was able to pressure him all night with only rushing 3 most of the night. Our coverage is still VERY suspect and will probably be taken advantage of by teams in the playoffs, especially WB and McMinn (if McMinn makes it). I don't know why we have such problems in defending the pass, we have good atheletes in the secondary. Maybe the scheme is too complicated, but it seems we're too loose when we should be tighter, and too tight when we should be looser.

Great win for the Admirals over a very good opponent. Hopefully we will keep the fire going thru our trip to Blankenship.

Even though we have questions in our secondary, our DL is playing LIGHTS OUT. They have good depth and have been harrassing QB's all year. Also, what about #45 getting a pick and almost scoring? He did get tackled by the QB though, and that is enough for a weeks worth of ribbing by his boys. Overall our LB's seem to br playing better, as i understand it, on Marshall's first TD run our Lb was out of position, and that's all that cat needs to be gone. His other TD was a missed tackle, other than that I think we did a good job containing the #2 RB in the state.

Our LBs played a pretty good game and did a good job for the most part of stopping the fastest Rb in the state. #45 made a great play getting an INT and almost getting it into the endzone. That was a great boost to the team and the next play Sterling ran it in. Our Secondary seemed a little off key we dropped a couple of INTs and missed some coverages .As the DL they had a pretty good game #80 is a MAN! The DEs have pretty good speed to contain the outside. As for the defense as a whole if they play two good halfs of football Farragut will be very hard to beat with their Offense.

Our LBs played a pretty good game and did a good job for the most part of stopping the fastest Rb in the state. #45 made a great play getting an INT and almost getting it into the endzone. That was a great boost to the team and the next play Sterling ran it in. Our Secondary seemed a little off key we dropped a couple of INTs and missed some coverages .As the DL they had a pretty good game #80 is a MAN! The DEs have pretty good speed to contain the outside. As for the defense as a whole if they play two good halfs of football Farragut will be very hard to beat with their Offense.

yes 80 is man and the lbs played togther the whole night great job farragut has control of there destiny now

Starpower good to see you back

Hey loves, you can go fish.. Your Coach Monroe is an embarrassment!!!!! Maybe if he and the administration had acted like any other coach of any other team would have acted, they wouldn't be under arrest right now. The ONLY people that were in the wrong place at the wrong time were the victims. Had it not been them, it would have been someone else. You guys on here defending these kids is beyond pathetic and really displays your community in a bad light. Thanks, Farragut, for taking care of business.

Actually I don't have a fishing liscense. Maybe you should go fishing instead of stalking everyone from Ooltewah on here. Did ya know that Caldwell wasn't at the game? No of course you didn't. I doubt you even know who he is. Or any of the other players involved. Brian Marshall??? Justin Mcreynolds??? They are people. Those kids are somebody's sons and brothers. THEY MADE A MISTAKE FOR BEING AT RIDGELAND WE KNOW THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You just want them strung up and killed. I have teenagers that haven't made the best choices. These are not gang members.Caldwell got in trouble at school for a dress code violation. Coach Monroe didn't let him go to the game. He is a senior linebacker and probably one of the best players on the team. You have no idea about what goes on. You are just mad over the fight so you get on here every day and run your BIG mouth. If someone talks about the defense you mention the fight. If someone talks about the offense you mention the fight. If someone mentions practice you mention the fight. Then you run down the school and the coaches and everyone else you can from Ooltewah. WE GET IT OK!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are not an embarrassment because know one cares what you say or who you are. you are just an annoying poster that happens to try to ruin any thread that has to do with Ooltewah. And before you say that is what your intention is. This I promise you is the last time I respond to your idiotic comments and I challenge everyone on these threads to do the same. THE FIGHT IS OVER. Why don't you rest awhile and take your own advise and go fishing. Or I have an even better idea. Go jump in the lake /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I for one don't really care about the Ridgeland incident. I don't know all the facts, and I can't do anything about it if I did. It's unfortunate for the Ridgeland kids that got hurt though. That aside can any of you Ooltewah posters give your view of the game, ignoring the people who want to drag out the fight/riot. I think Ooltewah is the best team we've faced all year. Pretty solid in all aspects of the game. I will run this up the flag pole and see who salutes: Do you think that Ooltewah's offensive play calling is a little repetative? I realize with a back like Marshall you can keep running the same plays and hopes that he will break one of them. I will admit that the reverse pass was a good call, but still something that should have been expected by Farragut at that stage of the game. My assesment of Marshall vs. Sterling: speed and quickness - Marshall, power and balance - Sterling, breaking tackles - Sterling. One thing I think Sterling has over Marshall is the ability to gain positive yardage everytime he touches the ball. Rarely does Sterling not gain something regardless of what the line in front of him does. However, Marshall will take it to the endzone everytime you give him a seem. His speed is something you cannot simulate in practice, and is very hard to account for in a game. What does this mean in the grand scheme of things? Not much really, both backs are going to get their yards, so when these teams face each other you have to look beyond the Superstars, and I think the QB advantage Farragut had proved to be the deciding factor.

I am not sure if there is ever a good loss, but if there is, this was it. I thought the Owls played their best ball all year. Although Andre got 200 yards, I did not think he was really the reason the Ads won. Your QB killed us on third downs. He either broke containment and ran for the first or made the pass. Either way we could not get ya'll off the field.

As for smack talk, both teams did their share and I hate it. But this seems to be accepted and expected in todays environment.

If the Owls play like they did Friday night, they should win against OR and SD and take 3rd in the region and then we will see about play-offs. I hate the thought of going on the road for the play-offs, but this looks like the road we are going to travel.

GO Owls

I am not sure if there is ever a good loss, but if there is, this was it. I thought the Owls played their best ball all year. Although Andre got 200 yards, I did not think he was really the reason the Ads won. Your QB killed us on third downs. He either broke containment and ran for the first or made the pass. Either way we could not get ya'll off the field.

As for smack talk, both teams did their share and I hate it. But this seems to be accepted and expected in todays environment.

If the Owls play like they did Friday night, they should win against OR and SD and take 3rd in the region and then we will see about play-offs. I hate the thought of going on the road for the play-offs, but this looks like the road we are going to travel.

GO Owls

I agree wholeheartedly. Great game. I really thought we were gonna tie at the end and go into OT. I think the bys willl come out strong against OR.