Ooltewah @ Farragut

hunter

What I really can't belive is your defense of thugs. The delay in charges being filed is directly proportionate to atheletic abilty. All of these events were well chronicled known a month ago.

Reb Lover, Thank You. I have been saying that since it happened. Except for a couple of Owl fans, most of the people on here think they did nothing wrong. My whole point was that they are doing these kids no favors by not making them accept responsibility.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.timesfreepress.com/absolutenm/t...5&zoneid=77

"We believe especially Marshall and Caldwell were the instigators, were the ringleaders, for instigating and causing this entire problem," Walker County Sheriff Steve Wilson said.

Ooltewah High School football coach Benny Monroe said his players were disciplined following a lengthy investigation. He said none of his players have missed any games because of the incident, and he did not expect his players to be extradited or jailed.

"I think this was just something done to, more or less, settle it and show they did something with these kids that came down there," Mr. Monroe said. "They had to blame somebody for the fight starting, but they weren't involved in the fight. They were just there, wrong place at the wrong time."

Yes, coming out onto the field and "verbally challenging" a team from another state, just was wrong place at the wrong time.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/absolutenm/t...5&zoneid=77

"I think this was just something done to, more or less, settle it and show they did something with these kids that came down there," Mr. Monroe said. "They had to blame somebody for the fight starting, but they weren't involved in the fight. They were just there, wrong place at the wrong time."

I have lost a lot of respect for Coach Monroe for this quote, if it is real. It smacks of "blame the victim" mentality.

I mean where does he get off saying that this was done so they could "show they did something with these kids that came down there"? Like the Sheriff just filed the charges just to tidy up some loose ends.

"Wrong place at the wrong time," puh-lease. They go to another campus, start mouthing off and (assuming reports are true) go out onto the field to cause trouble. Yep, they just stumbled in there, accidentally starting trouble. Wrong place, wrong time.

Kids will be kids, but coaches should be coaches.

Pitiful.

wow What a game I think the owls were a bunch of classless ######s any one who would takea cheap shot a god like Andre sterling should burn in heck. Who is holding whose jock strap now Marshall? Ya know a W is good for farragut putting them first in their region. Ya know i think you can kiss u ti was chances good by for any chance in the play offs thank you ill hang up and listen to your response P.S ROCKY TOP IS IN KNOXVILLE NOT THE 423 Come on Owls be original

People crack me up that get on here with 2 posts and run their mouths. Also Footballfn999, is there anyway you could go to a thread and talk about the topic of that thread???? You are so pathetic. By the way, Sterling is not a GOD. I say he is holding his own jock strap probaby dipping it in gold so everyone can throw rose petals at it. I think you are frienzz on a different name /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Winning by a field goal with time running out is harding dominating. Oh don't you worry....we will be in the playoffs and maybe even play your GOLDENBOY again. Ya wanna talk cocky and full of himself. He was taunting and running his mouth every play. He even called called for it. Did ya notice that one of our BEST players wasn't there??? Although, the kid that took his place played a good game. We will see you again possibly. Just remember, you one by 3 not 30 and the team that beat you WE BEAT in this region. Anything can happen in high school football. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

People crack me up that get on here with 2 posts and run their mouths. Also Footballfn999, is there anyway you could go to a thread and talk about the topic of that thread???? You are so pathetic. By the way, Sterling is not a GOD. I say he is holding his own jock strap probaby dipping it in gold so everyone can throw rose petals at it. I think you are frienzz on a different name /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Winning by a field goal with time running out is harding dominating. Oh don't you worry....we will be in the playoffs and maybe even play your GOLDENBOY again. Ya wanna talk cocky and full of himself. He was taunting and running his mouth every play. He even called called for it. Did ya notice that one of our BEST players wasn't there??? Although, the kid that took his place played a good game. We will see you again possibly. Just remember, you one by 3 not 30 and the team that beat you WE BEAT in this region. Anything can happen in high school football. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hey loves, you can go fish.. Your Coach Monroe is an embarrassment!!!!! Maybe if he and the administration had acted like any other coach of any other team would have acted, they wouldn't be under arrest right now. The ONLY people that were in the wrong place at the wrong time were the victims. Had it not been them, it would have been someone else. You guys on here defending these kids is beyond pathetic and really displays your community in a bad light. Thanks, Farragut, for taking care of business.

I was on the sideline and saw the whole thing. Sterling was tackled out of bounds and then got up and pushed one of the Ooltewah defensive players, after that 2 Ooltewah kids pushed him back and no flags were thrown. Just whistles..... It was def. Sterling who started the whole thing. I think it was a heat of the moment thing and he was mad about being tackled out of bounds.

I am proud of the Owls for coming back until the last sec. They were down by a lot at one point of the game but faught hard and came back to make this a close game. Ooltewah ended up with more total yards than Farragut but had a turnover that killed them. Sterling is the real deal. He seems to have so much more speed this year and is still very physical. Someone needs to snatch him up. Both teams played well. Hard faught game with no injuries. Good luck to Farragut and maybe we'll see you again in the playoffs which is prob more that likely because of the past 2 seasons....

Fans from each side, please be respectful to others when posting. No need for Negative comments....

I was also "right there"....did anyone other than mine and several eyes standing beside me, not see Sterling "throw a punch" at our guy????

I do believe these kids should be punished for what they did. I am not at all defending them at all. I just have never heard of anyone being charged for not leaving the campus when told. I'm sorry footballfan999 that you have soooo much hate against Ooltewah. This incident happened and you have tried to run it into the ground and have done so. Now should Ridgeland kids be charged for coming to Ooltewah the following week and starting stuff? These kids did make a mistake and punishment should happen but having a warrant for your arrest for not leaving schools grounds sounds silly to me.

Back to the game. Sterling is a great running back and should be a big time recruit. He did run his mouth a little but you know what, some kids do that during a football game. Thats part of it.... I did see him at the end of the game walk straight over to the endzone and didn't shake a single hand. He was the only one by himself and I do think that was selfish. All in all, this was another great region 2-5a showdown and we all need to realize that this is high school football. These are 15-18 year old kids and they will make mistakes just like we all have. Its time to move on from this game and concentrate for next week. Again, both teams played great and should do well in the playoffs. Good luck!

http://www.wrcbtv.com/news/index.cfm?sid=429

Coach Monroe and Principal Foster should be ashamed for giving these lawbreakers special treatment. Ooltewah is starting to remind me of a few certain Florida college football teams who let their players get away with crimes, and a slap on the wrist. Ooltewah could have set a good example, and salvaged their reputation, but it's too late now.

Wow just another week of great high school football. This game the last couple of years has been very physical and very competitve between Farragut and the Owls. In the First half it seemed as if Farragut had this game won, driving the ball at will and with the expeection of 2 big plays the defense played great. But thats why its a game of 2 halfs.Ootelwah came out ready tom play in the second half and really gave Farragut a scare. But some way they always find thier gut check and really step up when they have too. Thier Offense played great all night. They just need to get thier Defense playing 2 great halfs and they could possably go very far in the playoffs. Congrats to both teams on a hard fought game. GO ADMIRALS!!!!!!!!

I'm just making an observation and not attacking the Owls. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

However, it seams like the Owls have been in a decline since the Ridgeland thing. The WB Blowout etc!

I'm I wrong about this or has this distraction not bothered the Owls as a team?

I know I give your fans crap but have enjoyed watching the Owls as a team over the last 7 years.

To bad reg 2 has to go thru reg 4 to get a chance at the Gold Ball. I feel that game was the Championship game last year.

Oh Yeah!

Congrats Admirals!

BTW-Let the courts do their thing and lets keep it to the game!

Can someone post the stats for both teams?

Did Marshall have more yards than Sterling again?