Union City @ Greenfield

Guest theshadow

No Adam you are wrong. More people wouldn't go to Westview if they could. People in Greenfield and Gleason and even Dresden love their schools and want to play for their hometown teams. The problem is Greenfield is your father has run our freakin football program into the ground. Having one coach on staff to coach the high school football team is a joke! Your father gave idiots like David Dunlap tenure to coach nothing! That guy is a waste! Jackie Vaughn has single handedly hurt Greenfield's football program and it will take 10 years after Jackie is finally gone to fix it. Jackie Vaughn is a joke and I along with the rest of Greenfield will celebrate the day his is gone. McKenzie's principal told me he wanted to win in everything and he hated losing. That is what it takes and Greenfield doesn't have it...period

Big orange fan when I have more time I will educate you about football, football coaches, hiring people for teaching and coaching. When I have more time we can talk about how it really works. Unless you have been there and done it you can only spew out alot of misinformation...Be a builder, don't tear things down.

Also some of the teams that win in West Tenn, need to be checked out. If you really looked at them it could be very interesting how things happen in some of these places.

You might want to check out the control situations from public servants higher up than principals.You never know about hand tying politics. Your problems come from outside Greenfield not within. Other cities and counties have the same problems and can't get going because of outside and other factors, just look at Middleton.

Sorry about spelling today but I'm in a hurry.

THE SHADOW KNOWS

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as the one coach thing goes, back in 97 when we were 9-3, ranked in top 10 in state, went to second round of playoffs, guess how many faculty coaches we had? 2! Same as this year. Blackman was at both high and Jr High School and Diviney was at the Elementary and Jr High. Big A and Durden were the volunteer assistants. The only difference was that team had Matthew Gearin, Russ Huffstetler, Latteff Skinner, and so on. It doesn' matter if you get Tony Dungy, Steve Spurrier and Bill Belicheck (sp?) to come be faculty coaches, if you don't have the talent, you can't win.

Lucero, yes the small town excuse does work. My dad would hire more teachers if he could. Trust me. It isn't him who decides how many teachers he gets. And the comment about the speeding tickets is just stupid.

Bigorange, if you have put so much into our program, why not be supportive of it no matter who is in charge. Dad got rid of the coach that everybody didn't want to be there and has gotten a coach that is going to put in the time and effort to make our boys work hard. What is wrong with that? And I am sure you conducted a thorough survey of Greenfield tax payers to find out that you and "the rest of Greenfield will celebrate" when he is gone.

I am glad the shadow and backjudge have some brains about them.

Hummmm.....Union City on their opening drive 5 plays 71 yards ......TOUCH DOWN !!!!! Looks like it is going to be a LONG night for the Yellow Jackets.

Union City 7

Greenfield 0

Just after the first of the 1st Quarter.

More updates to follow. Greenfield moving the ball just a little.

Hummmm.....Union City on their opening drive 5 plays 71 yards ......TOUCH DOWN !!!!! Looks like it is going to be a LONG night for the Yellow Jackets.

Union City 7

Greenfield 0

Just after the first of the 1st Quarter.

More updates to follow. Greenfield moving the ball just a little.

That's What I thought.....lights out for Greenfield. Union City stops Greenfield on the 7 yard line and then DRIVE the ball .... 9 3 .... yards for a UNION CITY ....Touch Down !!!!

Union City 14

Greenfield 0

Just at the start of the 2nd quarter

That's What I thought.....lights out for Greenfield. Union City stops Greenfield on the 7 yard line and then DRIVE the ball .... 9 3 .... yards for a UNION CITY ....Touch Down !!!!

Union City 14

Greenfield 0

Just at the start of the 2nd quarter

Well, maybe the hand is on the light switch. Union City is intercepted in the end zone, Greendfield then goes 80 yards with 4 play and scores but the extra point was no good.

Union City 14

Greenfield 6

Well, maybe the hand is on the light switch. Union City is intercepted in the end zone, Greendfield then goes 80 yards with 4 play and scores but the extra point was no good.

Union City 14

Greenfield 6

Well folks, I almost had to eat some of that left over crow from the Bruceton game. Union City was in control of the first half but Greenfield had some trick catches ....one at the end of the second hald. Union City did allow Greenfield 300 yards offense. Not Good. Our ( Union City ) defense is very poor and will keep us in the lower end of the playoffs if they do not pick things up.

Give lots and lots of credit to Greenfield for hanging in there and not giving up.

This game was NOT over until 22 seconds left when Union City intercepted the ball....game over.

Great Game Greenfield and their receiver was one of the best hands we have seen all year.

It all goes back to, you have to win the big games to know how to win the Big games. Greenfield has not been in the big game ever and Union City has. That makes a difference.

Union City 21

Greenfield 14

Good game to both.

This was a tough one for the Tornadoes....21-14 win in Greenfield....The Yellowjackets played very hard tonite....UC took the opening kickoff and drove right down the field for a score...Greenfield came right back and drove the length of the field only to turn the ball over on downs...UC went down and scored again after a lengthy drive...Greenfield came right back and drove down close before turning the ball over on downs....UC looked ready to put the game away as they were driving and got down inside the 20 only to throw an interception in the endzone....Greenfield scored with 6.2 seconds left after a catch by their tall receiver...He looked to have pushed off to get better position,but nothing was called....The 2-point attempt was no good and the score was 14-6 at half.....UC scored either late in the 3rd or early in the 4th quarter to go up 21-6,but Greenfield came back to score again,this time on a halfback pass...This time the 2-point conversion was good and the score stood at 21-14 with a little over 4 minutes left in the game....Greenfield elected not to go for an onsides kick and UC took over at their own 32 yard line....I thought G'Field would do that(onside kick) considering UC didn't have to punt the entire game...UC then took almost 3 minutes off the clock before turning the ball over on downs on the about the G'Field 30..UC tackled the ball carrier after he had fumbled the ball and the Yellowjackets faced a 2nd and 20 from their own 20...The Yellowjackets then were aided by a phantom pass interference call on the Tornado secondary but they only moved the ball 10 yards with the penalty and then after an incompletion,the Tornadoes sealed the win when Cameron Graham intercepted a pass with about 19 seconds left....

Went to Wimpy's before the game...Got to the stadium early enough to sit top row 50 yard line and had a pretty good time...UC has to buckle up on defense and come out with wins against West Carroll and Gleason.....The Gleason game got a whole lot more interesting after the Bulldogs upset Bruceton tonite....

i was at the greenfield game last nite. i came away feeling that greenfield should have won that game. greenfield was inside the five yard line twice and came up empty. after all the talk about union city beating greenfield by 30 and 40, really greenfield should have won that game. u.c. outnumbered greenfield by 3 to 1 in terms of players. yet, the smaller school should have won this game. the jackets just missed an opportunity or two.

hats off to jason rodehaver, the greenfield coach. he has done a tremendous job at greenfield. also, if you missed the two unbelievable catches by daniel ricketts....then you missed a gem. those are the kind of catches they make on sunday afternoons in a place called the nfl.

i was at the greenfield game last nite. i came away feeling that greenfield should have won that game. greenfield was inside the five yard line twice and came up empty. after all the talk about union city beating greenfield by 30 and 40, really greenfield should have won that game. u.c. outnumbered greenfield by 3 to 1 in terms of players. yet, the smaller school should have won this game. the jackets just missed an opportunity or two.

hats off to jason rodehaver, the greenfield coach. he has done a tremendous job at greenfield. also, if you missed the two unbelievable catches by daniel ricketts....then you missed a gem. those are the kind of catches they make on sunday afternoons in a place called the nfl.

Good post.

Congratulations to Union City, Union City was very fortunate to have won the game. The Union City band did a great job at halftime. Greenfield is improving and Coach Rodehaver is doing a great job. Greenfield will keep improving over the next 3 or 4 years.

One little funny but ironic fact that I noticed was that the Union City Band has more students than the whole High School in Greenfield yet Greenfield nearly pulled it out. Small schools can compete with the larger giant schools in Class A. Good job boys keep playing hard, good things are just around the corner. We'll get em next year.

It's a stretch to say Greenfield should have won....You must have forgotten that UC had a pass intercepted in the end zone that would have put UC up 21-0......The Tornadoes also had a FG blocked,a very short one at that and on the last drive of the game UC had the ball at about the 20 and stopped trying to score...All they were looking for was a first down so they could start taking a knee.....I never felt like UC was in trouble except for that last drive where we mismanaged the clock......

Those drives that UC killed inside the red zone you can attribute to your coach...For some reason he went away from what got him in that position and it cost him...Coaches sometimes just outcoach themselves too much...Had they just banged the ball inside with 41 straight ahead they probably would've scored.....This wasn't like the LC game where UC couldn't stop the Falcons and had to rely on their turnovers..UC did actually stop Greenfield down close..I think G'Field's only turnover was the interception with under 20 seconds left in the game......

Say what you want about that 1st TD pass,right before half..15 pushed off to get position and should've been a penalty on him......He did make some really good catches otherwise....He is tough to handle because of his size....

I do have to give props to the Yellowjackets,they never did give up and played hard right to the end...That's all you can ask for......And I enjoyed my first time at Wimpy's...I brought one home for my son and he enjoyed that big ole hunk of hamburger also........

Congrats to UC on the win. I was one of the ones that said UC would win by more the 20 points and boy was i wrong. Greenfield did a great job on capitalizing on uc's mistakes. Greenfield did get inside the redzone twice i believe and came away with no points. UC needs to tighten up the defense to get where they want to be. But i gotta give Greenfield credit for hanging in there and keeping it so close. Good luck to both teams on ur way to the playoffs.