Union City @ Greenfield

Union City comes into this game off a win at home against South Fulton 47-12....Union City rolled out to a 41-6 halftime lead and came out on the first drive of the second half with another TD to go up 47-6 and watched the clock run via the Mercy Rule the rest of the night.....There wasn't much talk about this game the week prior because people knew what was going to happen..No need for trash talk in this one....Although these two schools are in the same county there doesn't seem to be that rivalry feel to the series yet...It was Fall Break for both schools and quite a few folks were out of town I guess but this one wasn't very well attended by either team and had a kind of "ho-hum" feel to it.....The UC-SF game will be a special one for our head coach,Jim Fishel,because he starred at SF as a QB in the late 70's on some fine SF teams...

This week the crowd should be a little more amped up because Union City will roll into town in an important game for both squads....Union City is 2-2 in region play and has their toughest region games in it's rear-view mirror...Greenfield is 3-1 and has all the tough region games coming up...The Jackets came back down to Earth a little Thursday nite after facing the class of the region in a 41-8 loss to McKenzie....Union City hasn't had any trouble with Greenfield since their move down to 1A....

Union City will rely on the arm and legs of Brett White to carry the Tornadoes...Pat Polk,Josh Nicks,Kendrick Price and Cameron Sherwood will carry the load when UC rushes the ball.....White's favorite target lately has been Taylor Bruff who runs good routes and has good hands....

Greenfield will counter with Colin Medling,Chase McMullen,Brett Perkins and Daniel Ricketts........This team has a few starters returning from last seasons 3-7 record....Most of these guys are still underclassmen,so coach Jason Rodehaver has this team headed in the right direction....He is big on working hard and discipline and that's always a good thing...

Union City and Greenfield have some common opponents...Greenfield has played Dresden and lost 35-20..UC beat the Lions 36-30......Greenfield beat South Fulton 54-13..UC beat SF 47-12.....Greenfield lost to McKenzie 41-8 and UC lost to the Rebels 42-39.....No disrespect to Greenfield but they were lucky enough to get the weakest region opponents first and won them all..When they did play a good region team they got beat pretty good...Their schedule is a tough one from here on out...Union City had to play the big dogs all at the start and came out 1-2 and the weaker teams are left.....This game scares me a little because Greenfield will run the ball down your throat but are not afraid to put it in the air...And it's at Greenfield so the Jacket fans will give the home team alot of energy...UC seems to be more focused and play better when they are away from home though....Union City has scored less than 28 points only once this season so we all know the Tornadoes will score points...As has been the case all season,the question is can they stop anybody...I think UC will stop Greenfield enough and then their depth will kick in....

Union City-39

Greenfield-12

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Union City wins /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I just hope the Jackson Sun doesn't supply more bulletin board material for Union City as they did for McKenzie. It could get real ugly if the Sun interviews Greenfield and puts it in the newspaper game day. Or better yet maybe Josh Parrott will pick this as an upset game as he did with McKenzie/Greenfield. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Union City is as weak as I have ever seen a Union City team in the last 20 years. Greenfield is better than the last few years but still not very good. The game is important in the region standing so I have to pick Union City. Union City

should win but its really sad that the Union City football program has reached an all time low.

All time Low? What Will Be Low Is The Attitude Of Greenfield After The Upcoming Loss. Union City Is A Talented Team. And Very Well Coached. Greenfield Has Talent That Can be Exploited Due To Poor Conditioning. Football Is 48 Minutes. But In All Its About 2 to 2 1/2 Hour Contest. Greenfield is Not Conditioned Enough For that Type Contest. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Union City is as weak as I have ever seen a Union City team in the last 20 years. Greenfield is better than the last few years but still not very good. The game is important in the region standing so I have to pick Union City. Union City

should win but its really sad that the Union City football program has reached an all time low.

I'm pretty sure your not sad about Union City or feel sorry for them.....I'm pretty sure your very happy,as is every other team in this region that the Tornadoes are not where they were from 1990 to 2001 where they were 124-26 with two state championship appearances in 2A football.....

You also know nothing of their history because they are very far from any all-time low.....The 60's saw some very lean years

Union City is playing with a bunch of underclassmen and have had some injuries but the future is very bright...Things will be fine at Union City...Get em now cause it's gonna be hard to get em the next few years.....And by the way if they can win out they will be 7-3 this year...Lots of teams around Tennessee would like to have that record.......

Ride your horse...he's a good one but he won't be around next season.....

On The Score Board, The Visitor's Score Lighting Is Wore Out From Being Cycled So Much. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> At One Point It Said Mckenzie 92 To Greenfield 8 /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> the Only Thing Large In This Region Game Will be Union Cities Score And Wimpy's Burgers. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I disagree. Union City is very much improved from last year. The Bruceton Game and Westview is the onlyn two we got pounded. But making an excuse, for some unknown reason we didn't run the ball to Polk. No one knows what the reason for that I I do think it would have made some difference in the Bruceton but they still hammered the ball down our throat.

I have seen worse teams in Union City, but these are kids and the coaches can only coach what is willing to learn.

Union City is and should win out. We will see.

I disagree. Union City is very much improved from last year. The Bruceton Game and Westview is the onlyn two we got pounded. But making an excuse, for some unknown reason we didn't run the ball to Polk. No one knows what the reason for that I I do think it would have made some difference in the Bruceton but they still hammered the ball down our throat.

I have seen worse teams in Union City, but these are kids and the coaches can only coach what is willing to learn.

Union City is and should win out. We will see.

After you Play Greenfield You'll Say Dang Butchie Was Right. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Now Let me Say This. I'm Happy the Young Men At Greenfield have Had Some Success. They Have The Athlete's To Win Some Games. But If You Can't Play To Your Potential For Four Quarters Your Gonna Get Beat And Beat Badly. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />