McMinn vs. William Blount

jethro

Okay boys and girls pay attention if you can afford it:

McMinn beats Farragut in OT

Farragut beats WB in a close one

McMinn losses to OR

WB beats OR

So who wins the game with McMinn -vs- WB.....

The team that has the fewest turnovers and wins the game on special teams......I have not seen the WB punter / kicker but I do know that McMinn has a pretty good one so for arguments sake I will give the advantage to McMinn because all year they have done a good job on there punt coverage and a decent job on KO coverage.....

On the turnover issue I know that McMinn likes to roll the dice and throw the ball down field which sometimes is caught by the wrong team....but they have shown a nack to hang onto the ball when running.

WB has been somewhat stingey when it comes to holding onto the football as well (of course we wont mention last years game).

WB is a well coached and very tallented football team and had a great wins last week on the road @ OR, which we all know is a very difficult place to go to and win. The size advantage goes to WB but overall team speed goes to the Cherokees....coaching experience goes to WB but the Cherokees are playing at home and are 9-1 over the past two years at Cherokee Stadium.....

This has the making for a classic high school football game....weather should be good and there should be a HUGE crowd there.

One more interesting tid bit on this game......

McMinn averages 26 points per game and gives up 17 points per game>>>>>

WB averages 27 points per game and gives up 12 points per game>>>>>

McMInn 24

WB 17

GO TRIBE!!!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay boys and girls pay attention if you afford it:

McMinn losses to OR

WB beats OR

The team that has the fewest turnovers and wins the game on special teams......I have not seen the WB punter / kicker but I do know that McMinn has a pretty good one so for arguments sake I will give the advantage to McMinn because all year they have done a good job on there punt coverage and a decent job on KO coverage.....

On the turnover issue I know that McMinn likes to roll the dice and throw the ball down field which sometimes is caught by the wrong team....but they have shown a nack to hang onto the ball when running.

WB has been somewhat stingey when it comes to holding onto the football as well (of course we wont mention last years game).

WB is a well coached and very tallented football team and had a great wins last week on the road @ OR, which we all know is a very difficult place to go to and win. The size advantage goes to WB but overall team speed goes to the Cherokees....coaching experience goes to WB but the Cherokees are playing at home and are 9-1 over the past two years at Cherokee Stadium.....

This has the making for a classic high school football game....weather should be good and there should be a HUGE crowd there.

McMInn 24

WB 17

I agree. McMinn can win this. Positive thinking. AlthoughI think the score will be alot closer, McMinn by 3.

GO OWLS!

GO TRIBE!!!

Okay boys and girls pay attention if you afford it:

McMinn losses to OR

WB beats OR

McMInn 24

WB 17

GO TRIBE!!!

I would like to see McMinn pull this one off, I just can't see it. I saw the McMinn - Farragut game and thought the difference was coaching more than anything. Sterling could not be stopped until Farragut stopped him. That was the difference in that game.

WB has overlooked McMinn in times past, not anymore.

I think it will stay close early, then WB will pull away late. I say WB by 14.

rumor has it that the govman will not be back on coacht

Hope the rumor is wrong... He's usually one of the good people who keep the rest of us from getting out of hand... His posts are well written and informitive... He represents the Gov Nation with class and dignity and is a good example for people like me who tend to let our emotions get the best of us.......

I would like to see McMinn pull this one off, I just can't see it. I saw the McMinn - Farragut game and thought the difference was coaching more than anything. Sterling could not be stopped until Farragut stopped him. That was the difference in that game.

WB has overlooked McMinn in times past, not anymore.

I think it will stay close early, then WB will pull away late. I say WB by 14.

I don't care if it was poor coaching or poor blocking on Farraguts part or good tackeling on McMinn's part....the fact of the matter is that McMinn won the game!

I also think the game will be close much of the game and then #8 takes over and gets the ball to the other play makers on the field for McMinn and they pull away for a exciting win for this team.

.....I have not seen the WB punter / kicker but I do know that McMinn has a pretty good one so for arguments sake I will give the advantage to McMinn because all year they have done a good job on there punt coverage and a decent job on KO coverage.....

If you are talking about punts, hands down it is WB's #46, Kase Whitehead. He kicks 'em high and long. I've seen him warmup a few times and he can start at the fifty and punt it within say a 5-yard radius of the pylon in the coffin corner. Repeatedly. During the game, especially during the first games of the season, he was sending receivers back and some were losing the ball and fumbling. During the WB vs. Kingsport DB game, he punted late in the game and their receiver fumbled it around the 5-10 yard line, which guaranteed us the win. Also, I've personally seen it kicked to the 3 yard line and die out of bounds.

Not trying to brag, but he is the kid to watch. In fact, it was at the WB vs. McMinn game 2 years ago (at McMinn) when he really started proving himself. If you like to watch punts, his are typically jaw-dropping in height, hang-time, etc.

That being said, we've had a little trouble blocking for him. He was swallowed up (first time this season) in the Maryville game. Also, I think we've had a few snaps go bad.

He's worth a few points on the board just by keeping opponents on their side of the field.

Thanks Stars

You are in same group as Gov Man and represent "Murville good..."

"Eye thank both of you-uns are good men"..

Maybe we should start a "Gov Man come back thread"

I'll tell you why Gov Man is done. Too many people take this thread way to seriously. Feelings are getting hurt because people put their opinion on here and are blasted by it. That is the risk you take when everyone knows who you are. Gov Man is smart for getting off of the site. Everyone else likes to hide behind these false names. Gov Man is well known and a few people need to get off of his back.

I'll tell you why Gov Man is done. Too many people take this thread way to seriously. Feelings are getting hurt because people put their opinion on here and are blasted by it. That is the risk you take when everyone knows who you are. Gov Man is smart for getting off of the site. Everyone else likes to hide behind these false names. Gov Man is well known and a few people need to get off of his back.

Okay children back to the topic at hand which is WB and McMinn this Friday night in Athens.....