New Girls' Coach at Elizabethton

dawgs34

First, let me say that I was very happy that the Elizabethton administration gave Coach Dugger the opportunity to coach at the varsity level again. He has the team lifting weights and conditioning in preparation for the season. Several key players are in soccer or have just completed volleyball, so it will take some time to put the team together. The Lady Cyclones have a solid group of seniors and some talented underclassmen. The key to the team's success will be how well Mariah Pietrowski has recovered fro her knee injury suffered last season. I believe Coach Dugger will do well and the team will at least make the region. Go Cyclones!!!!

Coach Dugger has a very capable team, and as mentioned earlier, Mariah Pietrowski's recuperation from last season's ACL injury is vital to Elizabethton's success. Lots of experienced players return, but some very good ones - Michaela Pietrowski, Brianne Gouge, Marti Bush, Casey Crockett, and Victoria Hopson - graduated last Spring.

Coach Weems took a job in the private sector. It was a tough decision for him to leave coaching and teaching, but in the end, he did what was best for his family.

Len Dugger will do a fine job as coach of the Lady Cyclones. I agree with coachh17.

The 07-08 team will have a good blend of experience and youth. Im not sure who's strong in District 2AA this year, but District 1AA will have a number of good teams, including the Lady Cyclones, veteran Unicoi and South Greene teams, and an improved Happy Valley team.

Coach Weems took a job in the private sector. It was a tough decision for him to leave coaching and teaching, but in the end, he did what was best for his family.

Len Dugger will do a fine job as coach of the Lady Cyclones. I agree with coachh17.

The 07-08 team will have a good blend of experience and youth. Im not sure who's strong in District 2AA this year, but District 1AA will have a number of good teams, including the Lady Cyclones, veteran Unicoi and South Greene teams, and an improved Happy Valley team.

Wow, I'm shocked to hear that. I knew Larry Weems from my UH days, with him and Joe McPherson. He loves coaching, but family has to come first. I hope to see him coaching again in the future, if not, good luck to him. I'm positive Coach Dugger will do a great job. Also, does anyone know if Rik Anderson is still coaching? He had some good teams at Cloudland.

Wow, I'm shocked to hear that. I knew Larry Weems from my UH days, with him and Joe McPherson. He loves coaching, but family has to come first. I hope to see him coaching again in the future, if not, good luck to him. I'm positive Coach Dugger will do a great job. Also, does anyone know if Rik Anderson is still coaching? He had some good teams at Cloudland.

I also think Coach Dugger will do a good job. He has a great knowledge of the game and the girls will definetly be prepared. Rik Anderson is coaching the boys middle school team at Happy Valley. I think he has had some chances to move back to the high school level but has not done so.

ScottA, I think I remember you from your UH days. Did you move to the Knoxville area? If so what are you doing now?