Preseason picks for Region 3-A

THELEGEND

he's had what 1 losing season in 18 years.....that seems pretty creditable to me..... so hes only been to the state championship twice....still he has had great success in both A and AA.....he by far could have done better with some of the talent hes had come through but still you cant argue with stats and experiance....

he's not a good coach. he rarely beats good teams and can't make adjustments to win the games.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i guess he just lucked out on pickett county, Culleoka, and westside huh...and grace in the region semis...not to mention the hundreds of other wins hes had at Arts and Sciences....

yeah you're right. i guess there's no way that could have been the players. listen, all those wins do is prove that he's a bad coach especially grace. how many times has csas led a team going into the half and ended up losing the game. that's what you call not adjusting and that's all coaching.

yeah you're right. i guess there's no way that could have been the players. listen, all those wins do is prove that he's a bad coach especially grace. how many times has csas led a team going into the half and ended up losing the game. that's what you call not adjusting and that's all coaching.

You tell us. How many times has CSAS led a team going into the half and lost??? It happens to the best of coaches. Please stop the coach bashing. Its immature and pointless . The only Hall of Fame coach I know in the area is Robert High at Brainerd and he's also lost plenty of games that his team has led at the half and lost. CSAS may win the region or they may not but unless you're a coach and you've won the state yourself as a coach, who are you to question any coach and their coaching ability?

You tell us. How many times has CSAS led a team going into the half and lost??? It happens to the best of coaches. Please stop the coach bashing. Its immature and pointless . The only Hall of Fame coach I know in the area is Robert High at Brainerd and he's also lost plenty of games that his team has led at the half and lost. CSAS may win the region or they may not but unless you're a coach and you've won the state yourself as a coach, who are you to question any coach and their coaching ability?

CSAS should be at the state every year just like Howard they always have some the best players in the area it,s just the coaching not the student at all.Speed, ability and talent just not very good coaching if I had to rate the coaching at CSAS it would be about 50 %.Compare to Dan at Mccallie at 85% and Skogen at 80% Grace coach at 85% just an ideal.

CSAS should be at the state every year just like Howard they always have some the best players in the area it,s just the coaching not the student at all.Speed, ability and talent just not very good coaching if I had to rate the coaching at CSAS it would be about 50 %.Compare to Dan at Mccallie at 85% and Skogen at 80% Grace coach at 85% just an ideal.

Its high school basketball dude played with high school players. There are too many good teams in the area for any team to go to the state every year. Is not possible! The point is can your team compete and be in the running to go to the state every year and I think CSAS has regardless of their classification. Not to take anything away from the good coaches you mention in your post but they have only taken teams to the state level in one classification, single A, where if you have a half way decent team or a star player you're already in the Region semi's. I could give credence to your opinions if you could back them up with facts. Otherwise you come across just as a jilted former player/ parent of a jilted player/ just a pathetic hater that just has a baseless beef with a coach that has enjoyed nothing but success with his system. BTW - CSAS has an overwhelming winning percentage against those good coaches.

Sounds like CSAS has a perfect team. Talent, athleticism, size, depth, a star, leadership, coaching, smarts, and they all play well together. Can't wait to see how badly they beat Ooltewah Tuesday. I'll be cheering for CSAS, after that you're on your own!

Don't set us up. Until we win the region, we are just like everybody else. Ooltewah will be a huge challenge, they had over 100 boys try out for their team not counting the football players who are out now. Single A versus AAA. If CSAS wins tonight it will be an upset. The team still has a lot to work on.

Getting back to the real reason to this thread, I think Silverdale is in a position this year to be considered in the race. CSAS is going to win 6-A for sure, but Silverdale might give Grace some trouble. SD played grace close both times last year, and SD has all key players back this year, plus some transfers. They could make it interesting in district 5-A. Look for them to advance in the Region tourney as well. If they get hot at the right time, this senior laden team could make a run.

Don't set us up. Until we win the region, we are just like everybody else. Ooltewah will be a huge challenge, they had over 100 boys try out for their team not counting the football players who are out now. Single A versus AAA. If CSAS wins tonight it will be an upset. The team still has a lot to work on.

Not setting you up, just repeating back to you what all you CSAS fans have been saying about your team ever since last season. Don't start poor-mouthing now that it's game time. The Ooltewah football players only got one day of basketball practice to prepare for tonight. Ya'll should beat them by 20. Good luck!

Not setting you up, just repeating back to you what all you CSAS fans have been saying about your team ever since last season. Don't start poor-mouthing now that it's game time. The Ooltewah football players only got one day of basketball practice to prepare for tonight. Ya'll should beat them by 20. Good luck!

You have seen me make no predictions. Using your logic and what all you Temple guys have written, you should beat Mc Callie by 20! I believe that our game will be close one way or the other, but a school with as many athletes as Ooltewah should be expected to beat any class A school they play.

Now we are getting (SCARED!) there are only 5 player at once on the court, no excuses.

You have seen me make no predictions. Using your logic and what all you Temple guys have written, you should beat Mc Callie by 20! I believe that our game will be close one way or the other, but a school with as many athletes as Ooltewah should be expected to beat any class A school they play.

CSAS ought to be in stride right now because they do not have any football players. You guys should fare well against Ooltewah. Temple has split the last two meetings with Ooltewah and both were very close games.