7AAA Girls Basketball

PHargis

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Jimbo, You are right we do have more coaches in the bleachers (and on coacht). To bad we can't be there at practice. they would look like a new ball club. Im glad someone realizes what we have on the bleachers.LOL

Now I will quote the great Jimbo " Well said" Walton /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Its been a while since Ive posted, but Ive been reading for weeks now and I cant take it any longer.

Spartaboy, heres your problem you think our girls arent any good and we have the best coaching staff in the state. The only time you have anything to say is when the coach is getting badmouthed. We have a very talented team, a team that should be winning 95% of their games easily.

Brian Haley does not know basketball, plain and simple. As deep as our girls are,what we lack in talent we should more than compensate for in depth. We could all-out press for the entire game and not miss a beat, by the time the fourth quarter comes the other team should be completely wore down. (Depth......I can hear you now.) Yes WC girls are by far the deepest team in the district, but Haley doesnt know how to use it, which is why we havent got to see some of the girls Im about to name off. cash, roberts, daniels, yslas, delaney, paige, sims, wilson, simpson, alspaugh, thats ten easy and maybe another on the bench that sould see some more time. Lets face the facts we have the worst coach in the district and if something doesnt give some of the players wont be back next year. Would you continue to play knowing that your coach couldnt coach his way out of a paper bag? No. Its humiliating.

Just like truckersbuddy said, everytime Sparta gets some excitment going, getting the crowd into the game he throws on the brakes.

Defend him all you want spartaboy but WC girls have plenty of talent to win these games they are loosing, theyre just not getting put in position to win.

What happened to Simpson and Alspaugh Spartaboy, are they terrible? No. Then why arent they in the games?

Spartaboy, next time you talk to Haley, and I know you do, tell him about coacht. Maybe he could get on here and pick up some tips.

Till next time I get ticked..........C-ya later!

I love Sparta Bball. But there are years when a team has to rebuild. I sat floor level at Cookeville and watched that game. Hey. We just don't quite have the horses to run with them. I do think the coach might have done a couple of things that might have made it a closer ball game. This year the girls are way too small. Haley is right not to all out press with this team. If he did that we would be alot worse off than we are now. I do agree there is alot of talent on the bench. I'm ready to see what Haley does next year with a senior dominated team. We should be one of the better teams in the district next year if they don't do well I'd be for giving Beatty a chance at the head coaching spot. My opinion a woman should coach girls anyway.

Mr Phargis,

I can only speak about one game and that is White Co....Lebanon most definetly has the big guns, but, they also are a very good coached team, UNLIKE SPARTAS!!!!!!!!!!!!when the people in the stands get in the game at SPARTA, Haley will take the excitement right out of the game by doing HIS usual silly moves. He dicides to take CASH out of the game, Played PAGE 3.5 minutes all game, and I guess hes been looking at the forums here in this section because he did play the underclassmen tonight but had the same boring results. a big L in what should've been a W. I'm not downing any of the players on this team, Lord knows they get it from him enough,but I do think that he should be held liable for some of this teams losses. Cookeville should be the only team and I mean the only team in this district that should be close to Sparta! period...I know for a fact that all these girls have played basketball their entire childhood and made it to the National championship games both in AAU and YBOA. but they cant win a district game??????you tell me, I'm a nobody with nothing to say..By the way, if it weren't for Roberts, SPARTA would have lost by 20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PERIOD. go S P A R T A , and replying to someone elses statement,"quote" if a fan at Sparta doesn't like a coach, they want be there long....I say to you " L O L ".

Why can't some of you people recognize that our girls as much as we love them are undersized for this district. Pickett County single A had a much taller team than we did. Cookeville's girls looked like BIG mature women our girls look like sweet little girls. LITTLE GIRLS. Next year next year next year. I don't see him taking Cash out that much. He sure didn't take her out against Cookeville. I realize she is a senior but there are times when she needs to be taken out. The only thing I can figure is your kids are senior this year and we're not going anywhere. Deal with it I'm sorry about it. I hate it as bad as anyone. I think the girls will be competetive next year with what I see coming back.

Why can't some of you people recognize that our girls as much as we love them are undersized for this district. Pickett County single A had a much taller team than we did. Cookeville's girls looked like BIG mature women our girls look like sweet little girls. LITTLE GIRLS. Next year next year next year. I don't see him taking Cash out that much. He sure didn't take her out against Cookeville. I realize she is a senior but there are times when she needs to be taken out. The only thing I can figure is your kids are senior this year and we're not going anywhere. Deal with it I'm sorry about it. I hate it as bad as anyone. I think the girls will be competetive next year with what I see coming back.

Surely you dont think basketball is all about how tall a team is?

You think we will be competetive..............what?

We are competetive, but we are looking to win ballgames night in and night out against these teams that we know we can beat. Maybe the reason we are'nt doing that already is bacause some people are satisfied with just being competetive.........Im not, and alot of other fans are'nt either. Sparta's tradition wasnt founded on being competetive.

Do you think when our boys won back to back state championships that they were satisfied with being competetive....no! Do you people think that we were the best team on the floor everytime we stepped on the floor.........no! We were regulars at beating teams that were no doubt better, bigger, taller, better shooters. But we had a coach that put us in position to win the game every game.

If someone isnt executing plays the way they are supposed to pull them out. (even though we dont have plays.) If someone isnt playing up to snuff sit them down and let them gain composure.

Bottom line is our girls are good enough to be more than just competetive, they only need the guidance to get them there.

14, good post. Usually Stars are in the heavens and are in some formation and guided by a Creator and they are a result of a Plan. That was not seen last night nor was much chemistry.

Thanks "PHargis" The all insightful "Swami" sees Fri. Feb. 1st games going as follows: Coach Haley will appease the home crowd with a 19 point victory over Oakland. Lebanon will lose a close game at home to Riverdale by 1, in the best matchup of the night. Cookeville will remain dominant over Blackman, Cookeville by 17. And the stars will shine tommorrow night against my Pioneers by 21. "SWAMI" has spoken. Read em and weep !!!