7AAA Girls Basketball

PHargis

The juniors bring a lot to the warriorettes, but the sophomore class will have a lot to add within the next couple of years as well. There is a lot of talent on this team. Just like a few of you have said, haley just needs to find the right rotation.

I will be in your corner on Feb.5. Bring your best stuff against R'dale.

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Sparta Bball. But there are years when a team has to rebuild. I sat floor level at Cookeville and watched that game. Hey. We just don't quite have the horses to run with them. I do think the coach might have done a couple of things that might have made it a closer ball game. This year the girls are way too small. Haley is right not to all out press with this team. If he did that we would be alot worse off than we are now. I do agree there is alot of talent on the bench. I'm ready to see what Haley does next year with a senior dominated team. We should be one of the better teams in the district next year if they don't do well I'd be for giving Beatty a chance at the head coaching spot. My opinion a woman should coach girls anyway.

Next Year? We still have several games to play this year.Im not worried bout next year yet and Im not ready to see what Haley will do with a dominate senior class next year. Only because it won't be any different. Same middle school plays on the chalkboard.Too Small? 2 years ago we had a pretty good team with only one big girl(Molly).We did pretty good of course Bobby Haile was here. Which im not pointing out our assistants because I think they are good.Who said we should of pressed against Cookeville? Nobody said that, Haley figured that out the hard way the last time.The point is that we said that we have enough talent to beat whoever in the district maybe besides cookeville and thats because We are to worried about Helton. Im sorry but I will give her them little 2 pointers over all them 3's they hit on us.Let one person try to beat us instead of the 6 others shooting 3's from wherever and whenever they want.The reason we lose is not because we are too small,The reason we don't pressure the ball is not because we are too small.We need to mix it up on defense. Lets try to scare some teams. Everybody has us figured out which is not to hard to do.These girls wants to win just like Haley and the fans. Lets roll some dice

Surely you dont think basketball is all about how tall a team is? You think we will be competetive..............what? We are competetive, but we are looking to win ballgames night in and night out against these teams that we know we can beat. Maybe the reason we are'nt doing that already is bacause some people are satisfied with just being competetive.........Im not, and alot of other fans are'nt either. Sparta's tradition wasnt founded on being competetive.Do you think when our boys won back to back state championships that they were satisfied with being competetive....no! Do you people think that we were the best team on the floor everytime we stepped on the floor.........no! We were regulars at beating teams that were no doubt better, bigger, taller, better shooters. But we had a coach that put us in position to win the game every game. If someone isnt executing plays the way they are supposed to pull them out. (even though we dont have plays.) If someone isnt playing up to snuff sit them down and let them gain composure. Bottom line is our girls are good enough to be more than just competetive, they only need the guidance to get them there.

Surely you dont think basketball is all about how tall a team is? You think we will be competetive..............what? We are competetive, but we are looking to win ballgames night in and night out against these teams that we know we can beat. Maybe the reason we are'nt doing that already is bacause some people are satisfied with just being competetive.........Im not, and alot of other fans are'nt either. Sparta's tradition wasnt founded on being competetive.Do you think when our boys won back to back state championships that they were satisfied with being competetive....no! Do you people think that we were the best team on the floor everytime we stepped on the floor.........no! We were regulars at beating teams that were no doubt better, bigger, taller, better shooters. But we had a coach that put us in position to win the game every game. If someone isnt executing plays the way they are supposed to pull them out. (even though we dont have plays.) If someone isnt playing up to snuff sit them down and let them gain composure. Bottom line is our girls are good enough to be more than just competetive, they only need the guidance to get them there.

It's to late in the season for Haley to figure out anything. All these girls have equal talent at each ones different talent and Haley is absolutely to STUBORN to even give each of them an opportunity to use it let alone see what they can do together as a WHOLE team instead of 6 versus the "Bench".He knows just what he's got, he sees it in practice every day...but to give in now and play some of these girls in a game might make HIM look to much like he's not the one calling ALL the shots...and that's just what Haley has got to be ALL the time...The ONE calling all the shots...These girls are a wonderful bunch of talented dedicated girls and I personally admire each one of them...At least their coach quit them, they didn't quit the team!!!!!!!

Its not all Haley's fault. All the games I've been at this year the girls have had open shots and they miss alot them be honest about it people. Is Haley out there missing all those free throws? Be honest and admit this is not a very good free throw shooting team.You can say basketball doesn't have anything to do with height?? I've also seen girls get open but a taller player shuts them off. I'm not saying a small team can't compete but a small team has to shoot a high percent from the field. And they can't be missing free throws.

Its not all Haley's fault. All the games I've been at this year the girls have had open shots and they miss alot them be honest about it people. Is Haley out there missing all those free throws? Be honest and admit this is not a very good free throw shooting team.You can say basketball doesn't have anything to do with height?? I've also seen girls get open but a taller player shuts them off. I'm not saying a small team can't compete but a small team has to shoot a high percent from the field. And they can't be missing free throws.

We MUST quit having so many turnovers. Seems like the turnovers always come at crucial times as well.

PLEASE READ THE ABOVE STATEMENT, I SAID THAT COOKEVILLE IS THE ONLY TEAM THAT SHOULD BE ABLE TO BEAT THIS TEAM!!!!!!!!WHAT ARE U TRYING TO SAY???I WOULD RATHER HAVE A SMALL DOG THAT WILL FIGHT ANYDAY, THAN HAVE A BIG LAZY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!NEXT YEAR NEXT YEAR NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!THIS IS THIS YEAR, GO AHEAD AND THROW IN THE TOWL,LICK ALL YOUR WOUNDS,AND COME SEE THE GIRLS PLAY ONCE AND A WHILE....

What do you mean Cookeville is only team that should be able to beat this team?

Maybe I can help Unify all of White County, I don't know about the other 7AAA watchers, but I am tired of the 30 pages of White County moaning. Why don't you start a White County Thread. I enjoy a little, but it's getting old. Thanks

I agree. Predictions for tonight's games: Riverdale gets by Lebanon by 5, White County beats Oakalnd by 14, Cookeville cruises past Blackman by 23, and Siegel beats Warren County by 25.

earlybird2706?

ok its not haleys fault on the free throws. I understand that. Lets go back to the Too Small comment. Riverdale, are they very tall? I don't believe so , pretty much the same size as us. And lets see they are #2 in the district or maybe tied for the 1st place.Many ppl think UT boys team are to small to compete with Memphis.guess will see there too. Stop saying we are too small cuz size doesn't always matter. Yea it be nice to have a girl like Helton (real tall), but did she hurt us the other night?NO!!!!! Well i might be wrong there only because of Haley's coaching strategy against them.

What do you mean Cookeville is only team that should be able to beat this team?

Last post!!!!!Good luck Brian, the future looks very good for you. Try to make it look good for our girls, thats all i'm asking out of you!!!! like I said earlier, this is modern day CB radio, its just all talk, By the way, Roberts isnt playing tonight.. SO swami,how does your post game prediction look now? good luck, I have fish to fry.

Last post!!!!!Good luck Brian, the future looks very good for you. Try to make it look good for our girls, thats all i'm asking out of you!!!! like I said earlier, this is moddern day CB radio, its just all talk, By the way, Roberts isnt playing tonight.. SO swami,how does your post game prediction look now? good luck, I have fish to fry.

White County beat Oakland by 9 WITH Roberts playing. We'll see what they do tonight without her playing.