7AAA Girls Basketball

PHargis

Way to go Lebanon Blue Devils! As I read about the different wins and defeats among the many districts last night I am very thankful that the Lebanon Devils had an opportunity to feel the magic of winning. After seeing where the Blue Devil program was 3,4,5 years ago and to change hands in coaching and within 2 years win the district that takes alot of determination, work & a lot of heart. Without making any direct accusations some of the school have had the star power delivered on a golden spoon but with this team it has been all about doing the best you can with what you got and making the best of it! That is what Coach Brown & his Team has done. He gave these girls just exactly what they needed to believe it & have faith that it could be done. When a coach truly believes in his players and instills that into his players you have every possiblity of magic to occur. As for this Team and I say team without any "I's" in it they demonostrate team effort, spirit & determination. Nothing they did was about one player Fans are proud of their strong effort keep it up and good luck in the regions.

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember Mary Verge and Tammy Crown. They did beat us in the district finals in 1988 53-38. Not sure what all those Riverdale girls did, but I am absolutely positive what our girls did. Been compiling the history of WCHS basketball for a long time. In 1988-89, there was a five way tie for first and we lost the coin toss. We got put out in the first round of the tournament by Lebanon. Warren County swept us in the regular season. We swept Cookeville and Oakland and split with Riverdale and Lebanon. Not sure who played in the tournament finals that year. Now here goes my proof of my facts. We won the next nine tournament and regular season championships. Not trying to be smart, but just proving my point. I was at each and every one of those tournament games and most, if not all, the regular season games.1989-90 beat Oakland 44-40 in the finals went 9-1 in regular season Oakland was only loss1990-91 beat Lebanon 83-67 in finals. Went 9-1 district Lebanon was only loss 1991-92 beat Lebanon 56-45 in finals WEnt 9-1 only regular season loss was at Oakland in overtime after flying back in from playing in a tournament in Alaska1992-93 Beat Riverdale in the finals 52-39 went undefeated in district1993-94 beat Cookevile 57-37 in finals went 10-0 in district was ranked number one in nation1994-95 Beat Oakland 58-41 in finals went 9-1 in district losing only to Oakland was Kellie Jolly's senior season which she missed with knee injury came back in district tournament1995-96 beat Cookeville 53-33 in finals went 10-0 in regular season1996-97 beat Cookeville 51-26 in finals went 10-0 in regular season1997-98 beat Riverdale 68-60 in finals. Riverdale was only regular season loss district or otherwise Like I said not trying to be smart, you guys were doubting me so I had to show my proof.

THANK YOU i was doubting you i was wanting you to educate me just like u did i am not very strong in keeping all the years str8 so thank you for the history information but please dont take me as doubting you as that was not my intent ...do you not remember Kristi Brown?...she went on to play at middle and still hold a record for shooting 100% in a game

i want to start out by saying congrats to lebanon many consider this a big upset i do not it is ahrd to beat a good team 3 times and that is what was at task for my WARRIORS lebanon is playing great right now and i am happy for them and their success

NOW FOR MY LADY WARRIORS...I AM VERY PROUD OF YALL IF SOMEONE HAD TOLD YALL THAT YOU WOULD BE WITHIN A BUCKET OF WINNING YET ANOTHER DISTRICT TOURNAMENT YOU WOULD NOT HAVE BELLIEVED ME AND YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN VERY HAPPY FOR THAT ....also if i had told you that you was going to win 20 games this year you would have happily taken that...so while i consider this season for you a success already since you are region you mine as well go ahead and try and win the thing execute what coach burt and his staff puts in place for you and you will have a great chance at victory

GO LADY WARRIORS

Had the pleasure of watching the Lebanon-Riverdale game on Monday. Let me say that this was one of the best games. I think that everyone would agree that the fans got their money's worth. Congrats to the Blue Devilettes on such a successful season. Congrats to Riverdale as well. Both teams played their hearts out. I hope that some colleges are finally starting to take notice of Lebanon's senior guards. Neither Jasmin Brooks or Ebony Marshall have signed, but both can be dangerous. They still need work, but both have so much potential. I also believe that Icelyn Elie is one of the most versitle players that I have seen. Congrats again to Lebanon varsity and freshmen devilettes. Good luck to both Lebanon and Riverdale as they enter the region tourney.

1. To suggest that Coach Bush and his staff "elected to play underclassmen in an attempt to get ready for next year" in a district tournament game is as ridiculous and absurd as the length of your posts and the sportswriter wannabe language contained in them. Coach Bush and his staff are competitors to the core. Though I was not at the game, whatever reason they had must have been important and valid as he and his assistants knew what the outcome of the game might be. Furthermore, the box scores indicate that you guys were in it most of the game only being down 7 or 8, so those 'underclassmen' must not have been doing so bad.

2. I read where Wagoner made the all-tournament team and you stated that Siegel seniors sat out most of the game.. I don't know about you P, but most games that I have been to, players have to actually play before accomplishing this... maybe you need to be a little more accurate before you post such comments.

3. Lastly, all of a sudden Siegel has "no offensive counter or direction to the other team's defenses".. normally you have a plethera of praises for this team. To answer the earlier question of why so much disappointment from you, I'm guessing your relative may have been one that sat out. Ahhh, I guess you are the typical fan/parent/grandparent. Loving when they're winning and your player is getting lots of pt, but when the tides turn, so do your colors. After all, if they don't play, they can't get those fancy awards.

Good luck to all the 7AAA teams in the region, and you too Siegel, no matter what gloom and doom says.

This poster is rather flattered to be pointed out in a post by an Asst Coach concerning things that Siegel should not even want to be discussed. But since that is the case............. I have known to win a debate, you attack the messanger and anything else you can attack no matter the results. This is not a forum to do that. The way this is being handled will take Siegel out of contention even though the Seniors on this team had wanted to make it to State. There is no doubt the play Friday Night is for next years team and very likely is the way Siegel's Seniors will be treated in the future. That is the perogative of the Coach and the trust players may have in their leader. To say anything else, the DNJ article the next morning explained the situation and refutes what the Asst Coach says in the above post. The coach signaled his intentions as far as the game was concerned. That is his perogative. But 7-8 points is not much when a lot of you seniors are sitting on the bench. Maybe they should have not been on the team to start with, however.

It is the first time this poster has seen an Asst Coach reply to a post on this site and really is refreshing unless it gets to charactor assination and blatent misrepresentation as in this case. Coaches make mistakes as well as players. Players goals are not the same as coaches . Players are told by parents to play to the end in everything they do. Don't quit. It's tough when the coach makes the decision and the players don't. Winning against Cookeville was just as important as Riverdale and might mean a different bracket. It was important for the team to be encouraged to win, not just play the game. There are personal goals by some older players and for that matter, younger players also. A lot of players play for Siegel.

Clair Waggoner played well for the time she played and for the two games played the best she has played. And you are right, she did play some.

And yes, the direction matter, looked like a traffic cop on the side lines trying to get the players to go in the right places and the asst coaches sitting and staring in disbelief and throwing their hands up in the air as to it was the players fault. This poster pleads guilty for praising the team. It is a good one with 13 players but this coach, disassembled the team, dropped the players who where counted on for leadership and direction, and depended on a group of freshman two sophmores to play the mature teams in 7AAA. They will be good and are good.

Now about the personal insinuations. I would be pleased to discuss that with you by email anytime you would like.

If that is the only thing you have got, forget your $12 because it is not worth reading. Why would you destroy your team and not encourage them to work together? If it makes you feel better, chew them out again. There may be only one more game, but we'll try. Don't know who and not sure what we'll run and really not sure everyone will be where they are supposed to be, but we'll try. But don't blame the play on the players, the WHOLE TEAM is at fault and that includes the Coaches. Siegel, keep smiling and win this game.

There is more to be said but this is not the way a 7AAA School should handle their players now or in the future. This poster doesn't recognize anyone else doing it.

Hargis-your lucky I'm not Bill O'Reilly because if I was I would say this is a "NO SPIN ZONE". You started this with all of your opinions about Coach Bush's decisions. Now don't "spin" and say "the way this is being handled will take siegel out of contention". You were the initial handler. I always respected you on here for simply giving a synopsis of the games, and praising the kids. (Regardless of how lengthy and painful "this poster" sometimes thinks they are). Hey, you deserve your opinion, but don't get your feelings hurt when you get called out. You have no business second guessing Coach Bush! Do you seriously believe he would all the sudden up and "start coaching for next year"? That comment was ridiculous, and you are smart enough to know it. So stop "Spinning", own up to it, and let yourself be proud that you voiced an opinion, although I don't agree with it. But, thats OK, ain't that right "14"? Cause, we've disagreed alot, but all is good, we both have strong opinions and I respect that!

I think phargis is upset about the starters sitting on the bench and not trying to win he is right you do not play all the young kids in that game if you finish 3rd you are out of the shelbyville bracket so for the girls he is talking about being on the bench is kinda puzzling...yall say what you will about that poster but he has never been critical of anything about his team except that one post and it was about sitting the SRs so his reputation tells me there is something to his post

Hargis-your lucky I'm not Bill O'Reilly because if I was I would say this is a "NO SPIN ZONE". You started this with all of your opinions about Coach Bush's decisions. Now don't "spin" and say "the way this is being handled will take siegel out of contention". You were the initial handler. I always respected you on here for simply giving a synopsis of the games, and praising the kids. (Regardless of how lengthy and painful "this poster" sometimes thinks they are). Hey, you deserve your opinion, but don't get your feelings hurt when you get called out. You have no business second guessing Coach Bush! Do you seriously believe he would all the sudden up and "start coaching for next year"? That comment was ridiculous, and you are smart enough to know it. So stop "Spinning", own up to it, and let yourself be proud that you voiced an opinion, although I don't agree with it. But, thats OK, ain't that right "14"? Cause, we've disagreed alot, but all is good, we both have strong opinions and I respect that!

You are right. This poster did not make himself clear and really it makes no difference. Feelings are not hurt. "The way this is being handled" is another subject entirely and is too complicated. However, inconsistancies in school policies is a one way street and the student/athlete sometimes has little consideration. And that's all right. As you might realize, being from Dibrell, this poster stands by his opinion however the matter is closed.

I think phargis is upset about the starters sitting on the bench and not trying to win he is right you do not play all the young kids in that game if you finish 3rd you are out of the shelbyville bracket so for the girls he is talking about being on the bench is kinda puzzling...yall say what you will about that poster but he has never been critical of anything about his team except that one post and it was about sitting the SRs so his reputation tells me there is something to his post

There is a reason those starters set on the bench. It may have to do with school policy and a form of punishment. There has even been threats of quitting from some of those senior girls. I hope that does not happen. But I am 100% sure Coach Bush will inforce the rules n matter what and that game just happened to be a "no matter what" situation. Give the man the respect he deserves for sticking to his convictions.

There is a reason those starters set on the bench. It may have to do with school policy and a form of punishment. There has even been threats of quitting from some of those senior girls. I hope that does not happen. But I am 100% sure Coach Bush will inforce the rules n matter what and that game just happened to be a "no matter what" situation. Give the man the respect he deserves for sticking to his convictions.

Please know what you're talking about if you are going to post such non sense. This post makes zero sense, Morgan and Allison are great people and students they have not been in trouble. If you're going to say that, then answer me this: If they were in this so called trouble why in the world would they have been starting for this particular game? No answer huh? Well thats because you don't know. So don't label the two seniors as being in trouble beacuse they were not. It was a coaching decision nothing more nothing less so lets all just leave it at that. I'm by no means saying I agree with the decision, but nonetheless I can't change it. Oh and by the way, let's not leave any more sophomoric, barbaric and immature post lacking evidentiary support (saying they were in trouble was way off the mark). Thank You.

There is a reason those starters sat on the bench. It may have to do with school policy and a form of punishment. There has even been threats of quitting from some of those senior girls. I hope that does not happen. But I am 100% sure Coach Bush will inforce the rules n matter what and that game just happened to be a "no matter what" situation. Give the man the respect he deserves for sticking to his convictions.

To be clear, if school policy and punishment is the reason for anything, it will be the reason for anything done. It is sure that the team will be supported by anyone involved in the matter. It certainly is not in character for any of the players to threaten anything and are very respectful. After 4 years of play,they should know the rules. They wanted to go to state. Rules are made to enforce and have been consistant thru the years and have been followed.