7AAA Girls Basketball

PHargis

Nothing that the Devilettes do from this point on is going to surprise me anymore. I would expect Shelbyville to win tomorrow, but with the way things have been going the last 2 weeks for Lebanon I wouldn't bet against them. The Devilettes are destiny's darlings right now. Good luck against Shelbyville.

As I read thru the results of the games in the different regions I am more drawn to what I read about Lebanon. From what I know two years ago they could not fill the bench. The team has found themselves in a place that hasn't been too familiar. You know the same circle of schools can be the powerhouse year after year but what makes it a better story is when you take a program is when a team can rise above it, done the unexpected. Coach Brown what you and your staff have brought to this program is hope for the future. It kindly reminds me of an old man from that school words "Never give up Never ever Give up" That is exactly what has happen and as they set forth to Wednesday I hope they keep that in their minds as they battle against Shelbyville. Good luck Lady Devils.

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing that the Devilettes do from this point on is going to surprise me anymore. I would expect Shelbyville to win tomorrow, but with the way things have been going the last 2 weeks for Lebanon I wouldn't bet against them. The Devilettes are destiny's darlings right now. Good luck against Shelbyville.

As I read thru the results of the games in the different regions I am more drawn to what I read about Lebanon. From what I know two years ago they could not fill the bench. The team has found themselves in a place that hasn't been too familiar. You know the same circle of schools can be the powerhouse year after year but what makes it a better story is when you take a program is when a team can rise above it, done the unexpected. Coach Brown what you and your staff have brought to this program is hope for the future. It kindly reminds me of an old man from that school words "Never give up Never ever Give up" That is exactly what has happen and as they set forth to Wednesday I hope they keep that in their minds as they battle against Shelbyville. Good luck Lady Devils.

Couldnt agree more with both of ya. It is very refreshing when a school that hasnt been that as successful as of late makes a run that Lebanon is making right now, it reminds me alot of the run to the state tourney that Columbia made 6 or 7 years ago I believe. When it comes to postseason play I just try to enjoy all the games, but Lebanon has made me a fan and I wish the best for them not only this season, but in the years to come.

There are a lot of congrats going around for the Devilettes and to read them, some have been around for some time and evidently anguished at times the past three or four years. The main thing each of you did was to keep on supporting your school even when things got really bad. Your support for the school and your support on this Web site brought attention to your Girls Basketball Team and other Girls Teams at LHS that over a period of time had dwindled in support. Why does things like that happen? It happens, to some degree, at all schools. But the main question might be, how do you get it back to what it once was? It takes the support of fans like those who post on this site, attend games, show a genuine interest in the games and do not allow their schools programs to deteriorate. Supporting the sports is supporting the student/athletes that are participating and that carries over into many phases of school life.

This District, 7AAA, is an old established District with the addition of a couple of schools in the Boro. Sure, there are times that the old established schools get rezoned and when that happens, the fans will say "The School will never be back to where it was". But it takes fans like you who have taken an interest in your schools and prods and expresses interest in the programs to be a good as they can be, to keep it going. Recognize performance and for that matter, non performance. How many times 3 years ago, did this poster hear the same thing being said of LHS and is now being heard of some other schools; No players want to play, NO talent, no interest, etc., etc., etc. Now if these players believed that, and for that matter players at some other schools, they would not have excelled. But they didn't and a Coach took a chance on his own career and some fans and parents refused to believe everything that was said, got some school support and did things no one even in their wildest imagination thought they could do. No reason why old established schools cannot keep their programs at a high level. Best of luck the rest of the way LEBANON HIGH SCHOOL.

The kids as well as the coaches deserve a lot of credit. Coach Brown works them HARD in practice, everyone is moving, doing something -- no standing around. His positive attitude has rubbed off on everyone in the program. The former principal took a chance on him and the new principal looks to be in his corner. I even saw the new guy on his feet yelling at an official the other night. It's hard enough to win in 7-AAA if everyone is pulling the same way. It's dang near impossible if there's bickering in the ranks. Enjoy the ride Devilette fans. NEVER take winning for granted.

Lebanon lost tonite to Shelbyville in the finals of Region 4. Lebanon got started slow and was never able to close the gap only hving 6 fieldgoals for the nite and the rest free throws. The score was 63-25.

7AAA was represented on the all Region team by Lanning, Riverdale: L. Elie, Lebanon, I. Elie, lebanon and Brooks, Lebanon.

Lebanon will go to Cleveland High School Saturday to play in the Substate. Four more games are to be played to win the Tennessee state Championship. From here on, all games have to be won and the team that loses is out.

Shelbyville High School has to be one of the favorites to win the State. They bulldozed thru the regionals very easily.

Good luck to LHS in their next game.

burgess dodnt make all region?...it was her defensive effort that won the first game for us also swoape hit some big 3s oh well these 2 SRs were huge contributors to our team this year and we would not have been where we were without them ...our team is very young and these 2 SRs did their jobs in leading this team to more than 20 wins and a good showing in region i am proud of my LADY WARRIORS

GREAT SEASON LADY WARRIORS LOVE YOU ALL

While this poster didn't formallly recognize the Siegel Seniors who played their last game with the Stars in their loss to Shelbyville, it was their last time to put on a Stars uniform in their loss to Shelbyville in the region. Morgan Faulkner, Clair Waggoner and Allison Wright finished up their High School career in that loss. Waggoner has signed with Lipscomb but as yet Faulkner and Wright have not signed with anyone at last report. All players have had excellent careers with the Stars and are expected to follow Seniors of previous years when two ago T. Jones attended Rhone State, Last year Carrie Parrott and Kirsten Seigenthauler attended Montevello in Alabama and Spurlock attended Rhone State. Of these players T. Jones, Carrie Parrott, and Morgan Faulkner are the three players in Siegel's short history that achieved scoring 1000 points in a High School career and except for injuries, Allison Wright very likely could have done the same. Siegel has been very fortunate to have had great Senior players in the short history of the school and leave a history for those players in the future to match.

For those parents and fans of the Stars Seniors, Tuesday and Friday nights will not be the same as it has been for the last 3 years in Middle School and the last 4 in High School. All 7AAA parents and fans of these great schools understand the feelings But there are other Careers to be made and other things to accomplish.

Congrats to the great Seniors of Siegel High school.

No doubt, I think they need to create a new award for Darian Brown: COD: Coach of the Decade. In 2 short years, the went from bottom dwellers in their own district to going to the sectional, I dont even think Coach Brown or the Lebanon faithful had this in mind! Enjoy the ride Lebanon, because you never know when you will be back.

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY WHO THOUGHT THAT THIS MAN (COACH D.BROWN) SHOULD GET SOME KIND OF AWARD! AND COACH OF THE DECADE WOULD BE A GREAT ONE. THIS IS ONE OF THOSE STORIES THAT YOU SEE MOVIES ABOUT! NOT MANY PEOPLE WOULD OF BELIEVED IN THESE GIRLS AND PUT THEIR REPUTATION ON LINE TO COACH A TEAM WHO HAD 3 WINS IN ONE YEAR...BROWN BELIEVES IN WORKING WITH ALL THE PLAYERS NO ONE STANDS AROUND, DURING PRACTICE EVEN THE GIRLS THAT ARE SITTING ON THE BENCH DOES AS MUCH WORK AS ANYONE ELSE..THIS IS A MAN WHO CARES ABOUT ALL HIS PLAYERS NOT JUST HIS STARTERS. COACH BROWN HAS TAUGHT THESE GIRLS TO HAVE HEART, STRENGTH, COURAGE, AND FAITH IN WHAT THEY DO AND IT HAS TAKEN THEM ALONG WAY AND STILL THEY HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO. WITH THE HEART THIS TEAM HAS THEY WILL BE ON THEIR WAY TO STATE. THE SENIORS BROOKS, MARSHALL, ELIE, AND HUDDLESTON ARE THE ONES WHO WHERE ON THE LHS TEAM 3 YEARS AGO WHEN THEY COULDNT EVEN WIN A GAME, THESE GIRLS DESERVE TO MAKE IT AS FAR AS THEY CAN GO. THEY HUNG IN THERE AND DIDNT QUIT EVEN WHEN NOONE BELIEVED IN THEM. WHEN BROWN CAME ALONG THE GIRLS STARTED PLAYING WITH A DIFFERENT OUTLOOK, EVERYONE COULD TELL THAT THESE WERENT THE SAME GIRLS. THEY FINALLY HAD SOMEONE WHO BELIEVED IN THEM REGARDLESS OF THE PAST AND WITH THAT THEY WILL HAVE A BRIGHT FUTURE!

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY WHO THOUGHT THAT THIS MAN (COACH D.BROWN) SHOULD GET SOME KIND OF AWARD! AND COACH OF THE DECADE WOULD BE A GREAT ONE. THIS IS ONE OF THOSE STORIES THAT YOU SEE MOVIES ABOUT! NOT MANY PEOPLE WOULD OF BELIEVED IN THESE GIRLS AND PUT THEIR REPUTATION ON LINE TO COACH A TEAM WHO HAD 3 WINS IN ONE YEAR...BROWN BELIEVES IN WORKING WITH ALL THE PLAYERS NO ONE STANDS AROUND, DURING PRACTICE EVEN THE GIRLS THAT ARE SITTING ON THE BENCH DOES AS MUCH WORK AS ANYONE ELSE..THIS IS A MAN WHO CARES ABOUT ALL HIS PLAYERS NOT JUST HIS STARTERS. COACH BROWN HAS TAUGHT THESE GIRLS TO HAVE HEART, STRENGTH, COURAGE, AND FAITH IN WHAT THEY DO AND IT HAS TAKEN THEM ALONG WAY AND STILL THEY HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO. WITH THE HEART THIS TEAM HAS THEY WILL BE ON THEIR WAY TO STATE. THE SENIORS BROOKS, MARSHALL, ELIE, AND HUDDLESTON ARE THE ONES WHO WHERE ON THE LHS TEAM 3 YEARS AGO WHEN THEY COULDNT EVEN WIN A GAME, THESE GIRLS DESERVE TO MAKE IT AS FAR AS THEY CAN GO. THEY HUNG IN THERE AND DIDNT QUIT EVEN WHEN NOONE BELIEVED IN THEM. WHEN BROWN CAME ALONG THE GIRLS STARTED PLAYING WITH A DIFFERENT OUTLOOK, EVERYONE COULD TELL THAT THESE WERENT THE SAME GIRLS. THEY FINALLY HAD SOMEONE WHO BELIEVED IN THEM REGARDLESS OF THE PAST AND WITH THAT THEY WILL HAVE A BRIGHT FUTURE!

Nicely put and you are exactly right it takes a lot to do what these girls stood by and done. Lebanon should be totally proud of the team as a whole. Going to different games this season seeing teams with benchwarmers is what could be what breaks a program down. Think if a girl trys out for the team and makes it why would she be there if it wasn't to play(if they are good enough to make the team they should be good enough to play no brainer!). It is the kind of coach that chooses a team and coaches the entire team is the one that will likely end up on top. If I had gamble I would predict more to come from the Lebanon Blue Devils. They are well on their way to becoming an outstanding program without a doubt. Go Big Blue good luck in Cleveland! Nothing is over because you can never give up never ever give up!!!

Excellent post "littlebrownlady23" , I hope Lebanon goes over and plays loose against Cleveland, no one expects them to win, and I think that's when they play their best basketball, so just let evrything hang-out Saturday night and make 7aaa proud, but regardless of the outcome Sat. night we (7aaa) are all proud of you ladies. Have fun and play hard !!

While I agree that Coach Brown has done an outstanding job I don't think things were quite as bad some of you are making things out to be. The previous coach came in with the talent level down some, particularly in her 2nd season, but did play Brooks, Marshall, and London Elie as freshmen and sophomores and they did show some progress towards the end of her 3rd season and did win some district games. If I remember correctly they gave a good very good Siegel team a tough game in the district tournament before losing by 10 points or so, but by that point there was so much negativity around the program that a change had to be made. The previous coach definitely had some problems in people skills and may have lost some players that could have helped, but there was some young talent there when she left. Coach Brown deserves a great deal of credit for developing the talent he inherited and he did have some very good athletes to work with in Brooks, Marshall, the Elie sisters(few teams have 1 girl taller than 6' let alone 2) and Crystal Howse on last year's team. Actually there was quite a bit of interest in the head coaching job at Lebanon when it came open, more than when it came open when Coach Hallums retired in 2003 from what I was told, so there were some coaches that were willing to put their reputation on the line to coach these girls. Again, Coach Brown deserves whatever honors he gets for getting them to within 1 win of the State Tournament, which I don't think anyone was expecting, but I also think the discussion of what he has done should be given a little more realistic perspective.

Good luck Devilettes Saturday night at Cleveland.

burgess dodnt make all region?...it was her defensive effort that won the first game for us also swoape hit some big 3s oh well these 2 SRs were huge contributors to our team this year and we would not have been where we were without them ...our team is very young and these 2 SRs did their jobs in leading this team to more than 20 wins and a good showing in region i am proud of my LADY WARRIORS

GREAT SEASON LADY WARRIORS LOVE YOU ALL

i was shocked anyone from riverdale made it...how did that happen