Oneida @ Sunbright

LOOPIE

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oneida offense is on the verge of a explosion, Slaven just keeps tweaking it. You can see the confidence build. The kid that got the interception late in the game, he had some moves. and I will say it again that just might be the best defense in single A. They might be on the way to something special.

I think you could be right. Oneidas (D) played great. Only three times this year has harriman been held to single digit scoring. (AAA) Kingston held them to 3 points. and (AA) Rockwood held them to 7 points. Oneida held them to 7 points. Oneidas offense is looking better each game . This team has come together well to be as young as they are. the kid who made the interception late in the game was one of the woodard brothers. He also has good speed . He just hasnt been here long enough to know all the plays , but you will be seeing more of him as he picks up on them. He had some good tackles too. The Freshman class has alot of talent in it . I think we will be seeing alot of them in the next 2 games. It will give us a peak into next year. Looking forward to friday night . --GO INDIANS--

Certainly the continued improvement of the QB works to the Indians advantage. Sunbright does not have a quality win against anybody up to this point. Before everyone over there decides to sound the war drums, I'm merely stating a fact, not "shaking the tree". This is clearly a game the Indians should win without much fanfare or trouble. On paper the Tigers aren't going to strike fear into the hearts of our team, but remember guys.....we play on grass! I thought the Harriman game pointed out that you can't let a team hang around forever, cause chances are they will push one in over time. We were lucky (and good) we had enough time left on the clock to salvage the win. And another thing that is kind of lingering on my mind......I would grade out the coaching staff very well up to this point. The players are going to have to perform a little better. Watching some games, it is a wonder they haven't scored more points so far. The coaches have given the kids numerous chances to hit pay dirt, only to have a dropped pass, penalty, fumble, missed assignment, or something else get in the way of that happening. My feeling is the kids are growing pretty well as a group and their continued maturity is only going to make them hard to overcome to many of the teams they will be facing in the immediate future. Hope they find their spots this week. H. Sexton is really coming on, isn't he? I've kinda expected that to happen.....he's a bad hombre'.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kaz /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The big thing with Oneida's offense is turn overs. They play great defense but turn the ball over at the wrong time they should have been up on Harriman by 10 before the end of the half. If Oneida wants to make a big splash on the way to the playoffs it is now. The Team is prime to show that they are a playoff team and are ready for teams like hampton ,South Pitt. That was Coalfield's issue last year. Coalfield blow ed threw the region then when the big boys showed up The was enough film on them to expose all their weaknesses. Oneida has changed threw the season, and what was a weakness at the first of the year is no more. Oneida can not take these next 2 games lightly. Put the peddle to the metal now ,and put all your fears behind you and be the Champions that we know .

well oneida is 3 points from being 6-2 ........2 of the teams that have beaten them are undefeated(Cgap and Hampton).. they have lost to 2 double a teams and 1 of those are ranked in the top ten..yes, a couple of field goals or turnovers... Lambert has the tribe right now on the same page.. But hey, I dont think that they are satisfied yet with 2 region games left..If if I know the CHIEF he'll not stop workin hard nor let his players til this season is over.. They still have a lot to prove...and they will need to continue to improve..My hat is off to this coaching staff with the work of this program and young team...I'll take the tribe in this one too..I'd even bet the CHIEF is at home right now cooking up a Defensive plan to cage up the tigers LOL.....KEEP PLAYIN HARD!

Yes KAZ, the bigtime is BACK!

go big or go home!

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Oh my......Bigtime! I haven't seen you (or heard from you) in many moons. At least you aren't too out of touch with your tribal fathers. I'd bow down a bit, but I've gotta bad back............. and its acting up. I'm sure Chief Lambert has cooked up a thing or two in his time. He has done a good job. Now we seem to be headed back to the BIG TIME!!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Kaz