Hollow Rock-Bruceton @ Gleason

tigermanager58

GC, you always throw your two cents in every week on every thread concerning mckenzie, greenfield, Gleason or whoever so that wasn't just for one post. We would be everyone's homecoming? Gibson County has 700 kids in its high school and we have 150 and we would beat you 3 touchdowns. GC is a joke and you know it. How can a school with that many kids not have at least 15-20 decent football players? You beat Halls 17-7, LOL!!!!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...When I heard this score on the radio coming home from Greenfield,I was shocked and thought it had to be wrong...Makes the season ending game for Union City in Gleason a little more interesting....

Congrats to Gleason...This is THE most shocking score of the season so far in Region 7-1A.....

Just goes to prove anything can happen...Just look at 1A Fulton City,Ky winning in Mayfield 36-19....Breaks a 12 year 51 game district winning streak by Mayfield....

What makes you any different than the other people that make negative post now you are one of them. Your making comments based on one or two other peoples post. Why not enjoy your victory your team must have played good. As for McKenzie having 500 students go to the school and count. It is amazing a few years ago they were playing with 360 in AA and didnt hear them crying. In fact over the last 8 years they have won over 70 games and 5 of those years were in AA. The reason McKenzie is good is same reason Gleason is good in girls Basketball. Good coaching and kids that are not afraid to work. Kids that work hard in off season, in summer and everyday in practice.

I corrected my earlier post about the school enrollment number. Mckenzie does have a really good program and they would be succesful in AA this year just as they have been several times in the past. My posts are merely intended to show people like Butchie how ignorant they sound getting on here and running down other schools that aren't on an equal playing field as Giant 1A schools like Mckenzie. And please don't insult our intelligence by trying to convince us its just as difficult to compete with schools with enrollments of 500-700 when you have 400 kids yourself. Thats apples and oranges when comparing to schools that have 150-175 kids because at most you're gonna have 6-7 kids per class that play football and its much harder to compete when you are playing 14-15 year olds at half your positions.

Sorry to take away from a great night by the Bulldogs!!!! Just got on here after the game and saw the normal residents like Butchie and GC running down the bulldogs when they don't even have a "dog" in the fight this week. How about them Bulldogs!!! Take care of business next week with an improving SF team to guarantee a WINNING record and set up a big game with UC to close out the season!

GC, you always throw your two cents in every week on every thread concerning mckenzie, greenfield, Gleason or whoever so that wasn't just for one post. We would be everyone's homecoming? Gibson County has 700 kids in its high school and we have 150 and we would beat you 3 touchdowns. GC is a joke and you know it. How can a school with that many kids not have at least 15-20 decent football players? You beat Halls 17-7, LOL!!!!

Give me a break lol..Gleason WOULD NOT beat GC by 3 touchdowns, I'll say that to start off...Gibson Co. plays in the top 2a class in the state with Martin, Milan, Trenton, Humboldt, JCS, USJ, Dresden...Gleason plays Halls, Middleton, Mannassas, South Fulton, etc....the top team you guys play this year is McKenzie, they would compete in Region 8-2A but would be far from #1...think what you think but we'll have this debate when Gibson Co. comes down to 1A

Duckman, I stand corrected! You were correct about the 400 number. You always have been classy on here the last 3 or 4 years that I spent lurking but Butchie is nothing but an ignorant clown that is sadly probably a 50-60 year old man that runs his mouth about kids way to much. The fact is Mckenzie and Union City have a high enough enrollment to have "Freshmen" teams and play a freshmen schedule and our freshmen, all 5 of them, are our first subs. We only have about 5 kids per class and one of our 5 seniors left the game tonight in the first few minutes and was taken to the hospital. If this scenario happens at Mckenzie they just plug in another senior or at worst a junior. Gleason had to put in a 14 year old freshmen that played every defensive snap for 3 and a half quarters and every special teams play. It just bothers me that a couple of the real single A teams won't get a chance to make the playoffs this year, which they deserve, because two spots will be filled with AA teams. No way around it, its not fair. I know you all as fans have no control over what class you play in, but it just gets old with 10 pages every week hearing about how bad you're gonna whoop schools 1/3 of your size.

Believe me I know how tough it is for teams like Gleason to maintain the football program and be competitive. BUT, gleason is on the right track now with things like the youth football leagues, etc. to help and grow their football program at the school. Like I said many times on coachT, I have grand sons in Gleason that will likely be Bulldogs soon so I've had a pretty good look at whats going on there.

You are also correct that there will be a couple of region 7A teams sitting home when the playoffs start that could beat quite a few of the teams that do make it to the playoffs. It's the nature of the beast in West TN. There are just simply quite a few pretty decent teams here in west TN (in ALL classes) that are lumped into a very few regions and we will eliminate each other before one of us per classification gets to cross the river and go for it.

As for the size of threads that the Rebels are involved in, check out threads of other top ranked teams around the state and see how many pages they generate each week. We are nowhere near the top in that category either. but, the Rebels do have a lot of fans who follow these threads and post on here often. This is the first season since I got on CoachT that I've seen anyone from Gleason posting on here and Greenfield is pretty much the same way. South Fulton has a few. Lake Co.---another small school---has quite a few supporters on here though.

All we are doing is talkin' about and supporting our respective teams. Like I said, don't take everything so personal. Heck, me and maverick are the 60ish ones on the McKenzie threads. Buthie is prolly 20 years or so behind us!!!!

It's good to see a very few on here now supporting Gleason. They deserve it. If you think some of our bunch is mouthy you should go up to region 7AA and 8AA threads and check out some of the "conversation" on those threads!!!

Duckman, I stand corrected! You were correct about the 400 number. You always have been classy on here the last 3 or 4 years that I spent lurking but Butchie is nothing but an ignorant clown that is sadly probably a 50-60 year old man that runs his mouth about kids way to much. The fact is Mckenzie and Union City have a high enough enrollment to have "Freshmen" teams and play a freshmen schedule and our freshmen, all 5 of them, are our first subs. We only have about 5 kids per class and one of our 5 seniors left the game tonight in the first few minutes and was taken to the hospital. If this scenario happens at Mckenzie they just plug in another senior or at worst a junior. Gleason had to put in a 14 year old freshmen that played every defensive snap for 3 and a half quarters and every special teams play. It just bothers me that a couple of the real single A teams won't get a chance to make the playoffs this year, which they deserve, because two spots will be filled with AA teams. No way around it, its not fair. I know you all as fans have no control over what class you play in, but it just gets old with 10 pages every week hearing about how bad you're gonna whoop schools 1/3 of your size.

Why won't you make the playoff? All you have to do is win out. You beat Bruceton. You will beat SF. If you beat Union City you will have the tie breaker over UC. If Greenfield beats Bruceton which is possible you might finish as high as third. If Greenfield loses their next two and you win your next two you will be runnerup by tiebreaker over UC.

10 Team...I can appreciate your frustration with Union City and McKenzie being in this 1A district....But fact is,Union City is sitting right now at about 385 with their enrollment....I know the T.$.$.A.A has UC at 391 and I know some folks on here have UC at 401...Well,I have spoken to people in positions who know for sure and UC is at 385....Now,that makes them big for 1A for football....But Union City fans were not bellyaching about our situation the 2-4 years we were playing in AA with a 1A enrollment...We just took our beatings(in the latter years) and went on...It is well documented on CoachT that Union City is the 5th largest school in our 10 team district in basketball..Only a few students from being the 6th largest....I guess with your way of thinking the Tornadoes should be playing with Dyersburg,Dyer County and Obion Central who all have over or right at 1000 students??....Now,this will make you a little happy...In or around 2013 UC might not only move up,but they may move up to 3A in football...The elementary school is getting bigger and bigger with 700-750 kids in K-5...What exactly is your solution to the problem in 1A football???...It's not Union City or McKenzie's problem that Gleason is one of the smallest schools in the state...Any way you arrange the classifications your Bulldogs are going to be the small school and you are going to have play larger schools....What then??..Are the schools with 250 kids going to be too big??....Now about freshman teams and the like....If I'm not mistaken,this year is the first in 3 years that UC has had enough kids to even field a freshman team..So UC,since their enrollment numbers have dropped, haven't had the opportunity to have a freshman team every season...I know for sure we only had 8 freshman out for football one season.....

Believe me 10 team,there are many,many people in Union City that take no great pride in beating 1A schools....We have been to the top level in AA football and even went to the playoffs when we were in 3A for awhile.....I don't get all fired up about playing Greenfield or Gleason...I used to get fired up about playing Huntingdon,Westview,Milan,Alcoa and Tyner.....But it is what it is right now and will be this way at least thru the 2012 or 2013 season.....

Again congrats to Gleason.....I saw Bruceton first hand and know they have a good ballclub....I don't know the history of Gleason football,so I don't know if this was the biggest win in Bulldog history or not,but it has to be way up there....

Why won't you make the playoff? All you have to do is win out. You beat Bruceton. You will beat SF. If you beat Union City you will have the tie breaker over UC. If Greenfield beats Bruceton which is possible you might finish as high as third. If Greenfield loses their next two and you win your next two you will be runnerup by tiebreaker over UC.

I never said we couldn't or wouldn't. I said some real single A teams. such as either us, LC, or Gfield won't make the playoffs because two spots will be filled every single year by two AA teams competing in our region.

BTW fg1...did you get your boardwalk...went through McDonalds tonight and was hoping to come out with a boardwalk

No. I did not hit up McDonald's tonight. You had your chance though to pass GO and collect 2-$100 bills, but your game piece just did not seem to reach around the board like it could have. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />