mr. football 1a

bottomline

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say that Marco should win it.....Chad Jordan from Bruceton is pretty good but not all that great....playing in west tennessee 1A you will play against alot of bad defenses....There are exceptional teams like McKinzie, TCA, etc....but you have alot more bad teams.....The 3 and 4 seed teams from region 7 and 8 are no where near the same teams as the 3 and 4 seed teams from region 5 and 6. I watched Chad Jordan play last year against McEwen and was not impressed at all with anyone on their team....I think they have a DE that is suppose to be good but he was not impressive either, big but not all that good....Marco Dailey by the end of the year will have probably played

Lewis Co.

Collinwood

Wayne Co

Cornersville

Moore Co

McEwen

Cascade

JoByrns

and maybe one of the top teams from the west....Those are some great defenses and he still has great numbers, pretty impressive to me.... I don't really know if that is how it will end up at the regular season, I honestly think 2 region 5 teams will be the last two standing in region 5 and 6. but MP got that far last year and it is not unheard of tho think that they will get that far this year.....

Marco should get Mr. Football

maybe a Chad Jordan a distant second........

maybe Shane Spann from Jo Byrns

or McKinzie QB Derek Carr

or Friendship RB Rickaway

or Wayne Co RB something Bell

Take Marco Dailey away from MP and see how many games they win this year and how far they get in the playoffs if they even would....

Who has Bruceton played with a GOOD defense that he racked up large numbers on? I read in the Jackson Sun he only had 60 something yards against McKenzie. He got out rushed by their QB who is a drop back passer. He is good but not a Mr. Football or D1. Sorry, but no.

Mr. riverrat, espn.com disagrees with you.

They have him listed as the #28 fullback prospect in the nation. Unapproved Website has him a D1 prospect.

Go there and check it out. Are you an recruiting analyst riverrat? Is there something you aren't telling us?

How about Huntingdon? They are a pretty good little team arn't they? I seem to recall that they won the state championship and played for another in the last 5 years. He had 180 + yards against them and we only lost to them 14-12.

Union City - 358 yards. If memory serves me correctly they were in the state championship three years ago, and have always been a steady competitor in 2A ball before coming to 1A.

McKenzie vs Bruceton was played the second game of the year. Let's see how it shakes out in the playoffs. McKenzie may beat Bruceton, but I don't believe it will look anything like what you saw week 2!

If you are gonna hate on Jordan, at least know a little about him. Oh, by the way, he does play a little defense also!

In response to Mtownballer,

Are you serious Clark? (Vacation)

The west Tennessee team eliminates you in the semi's almost annually. JCS, Union City, USJ, etc.. etc..

This goes all the way the back into the nineties when you guys would be ranked #1 all year, and Bruceton would whack you 40-0. Bringing back some memories.

West Tennessee has fallen short at times in the Boro, but nobody over here is scared of region 5 and 6!

You will find out again when you get Bruceton, McKenzie, TCA, or Fayette in the semi-finals. Just wait, watch, and learn!

Well that's fine if you beat region 5 and 6 in the semis like you do every year.....That has nothing to do with what I said.....I was talking about the overall competitiveness, especially the 3 and 4 in the playoff spots for each region....go back and read my post before you start jabbering off....Yes I know that you have one or two really good teams from each region and that is about it.....don't try and tell me teams like greenfield, south fulton, lake co. this year, union city, gleason, west caroll, are tough compeiton with good defenses....get real

He was a finalist last year with 2,100 yards. He he has 1,700 yards this year with 20 td's. The REBS did shut him down but thats the only team. His number warrant another finalist spot this year and his numbers may be better than Daily's. I have always thought a Mr. Football Back had a great deal to do with his offensive line. He is on pace to have 2,800 yards this year in 10 games. That should be enough to be a finalist again. We will have to see how the voters see this one. Both guys are special!!!

Regions 7 and 8 have earned my respect over the last couple of years. They do have some top competitors. I checked out the espn recruiting ranking and am impressed that Chad is thought of so highly. I have no doubt that he will be a contender for the award again this year. I also understand that he is pretty good on defense. Being from MP I have to stick with Dailey even though he isn't on espn or whatever. He makes some unbelievable cuts and breaks so many tackles it's ridiculous. I agree with you one hundred percent that the offensive line is a major contributor to the Mr. Football back, Marco would also agree. He always compliments his line, even when he doesn't have much reason to.

As for mtownballer saying he wasn't impressed after seeing Jordan play one game. I can understand that. Sometimes you just don't SEE everything that a player does if you don't watch him several times. I've heard several people say that about Marco but when the game is over he has 200 yds rushing, 100 passing, and a combined total of 4 or 5 TD's. What more could you ask for out of a 17 year old high school player?

I am not saying that he is not a pretty good ball player, I would probably put him second in the running, A DISTANT SECOND with a few others I mentioned....Marco's team is will go farther, his team will have a better record, he plays tougher competition week in and week out, and set the record this year(i realize this took four years though). I do not see how they have "earned your respect" over the past few years. I could see on the other hand how 2 or 3 teams every year have been better or "earned your respect" than our 2 or 3 teams.... 2A in upper west tennessee is however definetly impressive Camden, Huntingdon, Westview, Milan, JCS, Peabody.......

VOTES are due right after last game. Looks like both teams will be 8-2

you guys lost to Lewis co? Our boys lost to Huntingdon (both solid class AA teams)

you guys lost to Moore Co? Our guys lost to McKenzie.

Playoffs having NOTHING to do with the voting.

No one is doubting Marco is a great player. His numbers and teams do the talking. But DONT just simply ignore West TN

Class A football?

Remember: JCS solved the Marco riddle last year. They were a 2 seed.

That is why you play the games.

I am not saying that he is not a pretty good ball player, I would probably put him second in the running, A DISTANT SECOND with a few others I mentioned....Marco's team is will go farther, his team will have a better record, he plays tougher competition week in and week out, and set the record this year(i realize this took four years though). I do not see how they have "earned your respect" over the past few years. I could see on the other hand how 2 or 3 teams every year have been better or "earned your respect" than our 2 or 3 teams.... 2A in upper west tennessee is however definetly impressive Camden, Huntingdon, Westview, Milan, JCS, Peabody.......

It doesn't matter how Marco's team does in the playoffs. Good example, FCS had a Mr. Football Lineman canidate last year who didn't win. The winner was from Fayette Academy who lost in the first round.

I can name two of the finalists,

Marco Dailey and Chad Jordan. The third one is still up for grabs. I would have said Rickaway from FCS, but he hasn't put up the numbers so far, he would need big breakout games in the next two weeks against the Brutal schedule of Gordonsville and then Trousdale. If he can have two big games then he might get the nod but if not then I doubt it. So i really have no idea who will get the third nomination.

Oh, Marco Dailey should win it again. His team is solid all around and with the 2 time Mr. Football winner they are definetly the favorite to make it to the semi's again before they fall.

I would say that Marco should win it.....Chad Jordan from Bruceton is pretty good but not all that great....playing in west tennessee 1A you will play against alot of bad defenses....There are exceptional teams like McKinzie, TCA, etc....but you have alot more bad teams.....The 3 and 4 seed teams from region 7 and 8 are no where near the same teams as the 3 and 4 seed teams from region 5 and 6. I watched Chad Jordan play last year against McEwen and was not impressed at all with anyone on their team....I think they have a DE that is suppose to be good but he was not impressive either, big but not all that good....Marco Dailey by the end of the year will have probably played

Lewis Co.

Collinwood

Wayne Co

Cornersville

Moore Co

McEwen

Cascade

JoByrns

and maybe one of the top teams from the west....Those are some great defenses and he still has great numbers, pretty impressive to me.... I don't really know if that is how it will end up at the regular season, I honestly think 2 region 5 teams will be the last two standing in region 5 and 6. but MP got that far last year and it is not unheard of tho think that they will get that far this year.....

Marco should get Mr. Football

maybe a Chad Jordan a distant second........

maybe Shane Spann from Jo Byrns

or McKinzie QB Derek Carr

or Friendship RB Rickaway

or Wayne Co RB something Bell

Take Marco Dailey away from MP and see how many games they win this year and how far they get in the playoffs if they even would....

The same thing can be said for Shane Spann at Jo Byrns. Without him, Jo Byrns would not had near the success they are enjoying this year.

Returning Mr. Football Marco Dailey should and probably will get this years Mr. Football again. He is still the best All-Around athlete on the 1A football field today.

Can I care to mention that this last game he played he just broke and set a NEW State Record for the most rushing TD's in a career. And is also maybe possible to break one or two more record's before he's through.