Chattanooga Tournament scores

wrestler7

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18-under Gold..Parker Eagles lost the first game Friday night to a Huntsville team. I'm told the Curry girl struck out around 8-10, gave up just one hit but walked five, also got a home run off Wright. Sat morning they beat the "other" eagles from Chattanooga 6-0. Elliot and Swafford pitched 3 innings each I think, gave up probably 4 hits combined. Lots of people hit hard, their opponent wasn't too good in the field either. Next game was a loss to Bullets from Atlanta/East Cobb, 2-1 I think. 1-0 lead most of the game, Bullets got some bunts down, infield miscommunication cost them but they had some people playing in new spots, one had never played the base before I'm told. 2 runs in the last inning off Meek. They were one of the quickest teams I've seen. Next game was 4-0 when I left against Falcons. I didn't recognize many of their team at all. Wright looked very dominant pitching, Swafford had a triple and a single, the catcher from Nashville/James Madison hit well, others hit well too. I assume they went on to win, it was late when I left. Don't know anything about what happened last night or today. Mustangs 18-under looked strong, I'd like to have seen them playing "gold" teams though to get a better feel as how strong. Also saw a little of 16-under TE Elite, 16-under Blitz, but not enough to make any kind of statement on what I thought of their teams.

[Edited by Indian on 6/2/02 2:37P]

Hey Indian, I started to try to search you out Friday night, but couldn't quite get up to asking people if they were "indian" or if they knew "indian." Decided it would be too much hastle having to explain over and over to random people what the heck I was talking about...lol

Jerry Mongar's Sliders did play. They were in the loser's bracket Saturday night. The Chattanooga Mustangs 18u played 1 game Friday night and won, won 6 straight games on Saturday, and came back Sunday to play in the finals. The West Cobb Mavericks and the Wild Things were in the loser bracket finals. The Mavericks won and played the Mustangs and beat them twice 2-1 and 1-0. The Mustangs had already beaten them in pool play and in regular play to drop them in the loser's bracket, but couldn't beat them for the championship. Holly Templeton, Rachel Harris and Sarah Warren did a fine job pitching for the Mustangs.

Which TE Elite 16U game did you come to? We went 3-2 with a lot of defensive mistakes. Beat the Chatt. Eagles 5-2 in our only pool game. Beat Knox Thunder 4-0, then the Chatt Heat 6-1. Lost to Chatt Eagles 3-2 in tie breaker then basically folded against GA SWAT 5-3. Stanfill pitched her heart out and Pieroni pitch good despite being on crutches up until Thursday night. Only one earned run all weekend and that was in the pool game. A lot of infield errors. No excuses just not meshed yet. The Lilburn T-Birds looked like the team to beat in 16U. Left early this morning so don't know results. Please fill me in if you know.

[Edited by std on 6/2/02 8:39P]

Creive hall wildcats and middle tennessee madness had a great game,wildcats came out on top,4-3.madness was down 4-1 up until the final inning,battleing back,some bad calls by umpires could have changed the game if they made the right call,but the madness had a few defensive mistkes.wilcats coach also stalled time for 15 min. taling to his girls in the box,making them tie their shoes,and other trick just to stay ahead.im not sure how the champ game came out w/ wilcats and rock and fire.tell me if you know.

Parker Eagles forfeited their last game Sat pm. 3 of the girls had parties to go to & let their teammates down. The girl from Pisgh rocked one to the FAR outside fence against Wright who was adjusting to the mound being closer. She'll get better & Eagles loaded with pitching, Meek, Swafford & others could dominate.