Reg 3 AA

mayspeed

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch out for Howard.

Who are the shooters for S.C.? McCentral really did not loose anybody for this year (or next) they

should be an improved team from last year. I just wonder if as they have in the past, start out

looking like they just learned how to play the game. Also it takes them at least four games to start

to settle in on who will be the starters.

Who are the shooters for S.C.? McCentral really did not loose anybody for this year (or next) they

should be an improved team from last year. I just wonder if as they have in the past, start out

looking like they just learned how to play the game. Also it takes them at least four games to start

to settle in on who will be the starters.

I don't think that Central will have the slow start like they have had in the past. I think that there will be 2 openings on the starting line up with 4 girls equally able to fill those spots, so it will be more a matter of tweeking this year at the start then finding the right line up. Plus, there are no new players coming in this year, so all the girls know how to play together. Central wins the district, district tourn, and will play Sequoyah for the region tourn, and should win. I don't know much about the other district, except for Sequatchie. They are always tough, with my second favorite high school girls coach getting them to play their best. As for district 5, I think that Tellico will take second, Polk will take 3rd, watch out for the sophomore Holly German. I think that she may be the best player Polk has had in quite a few years. I think that Brainerd, Tyner, and Sweetwater will be in the mix for 4th through 6th, with Sweetwater being my "Most Improved" team for this year. Meigs, Sequoyah, and Boyd Buchanan will round it off. I think that district 5 will do well in the region, but it'll be Central and Sequatchie going to the Sub-State.

I don't think that Central will have the slow start like they have had in the past. I think that there will be 2 openings on the starting line up with 4 girls equally able to fill those spots, so it will be more a matter of tweeking this year at the start then finding the right line up. Plus, there are no new players coming in this year, so all the girls know how to play together. Central wins the district, district tourn, and will play Sequoyah for the region tourn, and should win. I don't know much about the other district, except for Sequatchie. They are always tough, with my second favorite high school girls coach getting them to play their best. As for district 5, I think that Tellico will take second, Polk will take 3rd, watch out for the sophomore Holly German. I think that she may be the best player Polk has had in quite a few years. I think that Brainerd, Tyner, and Sweetwater will be in the mix for 4th through 6th, with Sweetwater being my "Most Improved" team for this year. Meigs, Sequoyah, and Boyd Buchanan will round it off. I think that district 5 will do well in the region, but it'll be Central and Sequatchie going to the Sub-State.

The best player that Polk has had in a long time that didn't go to Cleveland.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the D5 Jamboree last night and from what I saw, Tellico will be the team to worry about this year. They will drive, make the shot, and draw the foul then will hit the 3 from anywhere on the court. Hanna Powers is dangerous! The problem they have is the two or three players that make this happen will be in major foul trouble by the 3rd quarter. Central looked flawless thumping Walker Vally. Lambert dominated the game as usual. Elder looks better this year than ever, Davis was in great form and it appears their bench just gets deeper and deeper. Sequoyah did not fair so well. No bench, sloppy play. Sweetwater as usual seems to have major talent but by the second half will be out of control and in major foul trouble. Should be a great year!