The Watauga Conference

CDHSKNIGHTS34

Might as well of not even had refs at the Unicoi-North game tonight.

Ridiculous.

2nd half north 15 fouls uc 3...for the game north 30+ uc 9...i just hope north doesn`t over look south greene friday night because that match-up is a tough one to call but just maybe north will get a chance to play uc again. any person at that game between north and uc that has any basketball knowledge knows that north beat uc on the floor they just could not beat the refs or won it on the scoreboard. because even with all the fouls that were called and all the turnover that were called north was still in the game till the last couple of minutes. that last charging foul called on north was only one of many bad calls that changed this game and north has not had that many traveling calls on them all year much less one game. this is one of those games that i hope a top offical gets a chance to look at. but regardless of what happen tonight there is nothing that can be done to change it i just hope north get another shot at uc. next week.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because that Technical was so out of line tonight, right? And our #10 didn't shoot the ball and get fouled at the end of the half, right? If you'll recall, the fouls at the half were 7-2 against the Devils. The officiating was suspect on both ends of the floor. Turnovers and foul shots were the difference. Make excuses all you want; we're undefeated in the conference for the third year in a row.

The truly sad part is that North players deserve so much more than what they get, and I'm not talking about officiating. They've played extremely hard and, as of late, extremely well for the year and there were hardly any fans there to appreciate it. Even Happy Valley fans will turn out for a Friday game. Honestly, I've got nothing but complimentary things to say about the kids and the coaching staff, so why come on here and pull that reputation down. At least you were at the game; I could count the number of North fans on my fingers and toes.

I'm not here to bicker with anyone, especially not a fan of a team that I really respect. I'd rather you just say "Tough breaks, but the rematch will be a different story." I've never made an excuse for a Devil's loss because there's always those missed lay-ups, check-outs, free throws, etc. Personally, I hope we do meet again because neither team has really played their best in the first two match ups.

Unbelievable and unpredictable year for the conference!

2nd half north 15 fouls uc 3...for the game north 30+ uc 9...i just hope north doesn`t over look south greene friday night because that match-up is a tough one to call but just maybe north will get a chance to play uc again. any person at that game between north and uc that has any basketball knowledge knows that north beat uc on the floor they just could not beat the refs or won it on the scoreboard. because even with all the fouls that were called and all the turnover that were called north was still in the game till the last couple of minutes. that last charging foul called on north was only one of many bad calls that changed this game and north has not had that many traveling calls on them all year much less one game. this is one of those games that i hope a top offical gets a chance to look at. but regardless of what happen tonight there is nothing that can be done to change it i just hope north get another shot at uc. next week.

first half fouls uc 8 sn 2

second half sn 14 uc 3 with north fouling 4 times intentionally in the last minute

thats 16 to 11 with 4 intentionals at end. sounds pretty even to me.

that makes it pretty balanced. 30+ to 9?? don't know what game u watched.

#44 walked everytime he touched the ball, most were not even called. quit griping about officials..its weak

first half fouls uc 8 sn 2

second half sn 14 uc 3 with north fouling 4 times intentionally in the last minute

thats 16 to 11 with 4 intentionals at end. sounds pretty even to me.

that makes it pretty balanced. 30+ to 9?? don't know what game u watched.

#44 walked everytime he touched the ball, most were not even called. quit griping about officials..its weak

if you were watching the game close enough north got called for walking a couple of times after we were knocked down getting rebounds.....but at least one person for uc knew what was going on. coach english in his interview after the game said that if he had been coach cox he would have had to queston some of the late calls( tricitiessports.com)...and #44 didn`t walk every time he touch the ball or every time he got call walking...besides in the first half if you have a tape to watch of the game #42 for uc stayed camped in the lane for 5 and 6 seconds at a time and never got called when #31 for north drove through the lane and made the shot and got called for 3 sec....i even had a uc fan near me said that if he had been a ref that night he would have been embrassed to be called a ref. at the way they did north the last half of the game. AND THERE WAS NO INTENTIONAL FOULS AT THE END OF THE GAME...i don`t know where you were sitting but the way things were going for north the refs would have loved to have called it. besides i know people want to take up for their team i just wonder how much griping uc fans would have done if north had pulled this out. because even with all that happened north took it to the wire.and if they don`t overlook their games next week the boys (north) want a chance to play uc again. and north had alot of fans there last night cheering our team on..and we liked the way uc gave flowers to ms williams.thanks to thoses who were kind enough to do that for her because she has been through alot this past year but through it all she still has a 4.0 in all her classes. thanks

the refs were bad all around. to say that it was unfair is a load. the fouls the first half show it. if we did pay them i want a refund for the crap call at the end of the first half where the push was on the floor with less than a second on the clock but i guess he wanted to hold the ball right. 44 must not of known he was supposed to dribble before he moved he did it all night long but it was only called about four times. you guys gave the game up late with the technical after an obvious walk which was a huge turning point. so i dont want to hear we paid the refs and how they favored us because they were horrible on both halves. it is lame that no students show up for a friday night game against the number 1 team in the confrence.

the refs were bad all around. to say that it was unfair is a load. the fouls the first half show it. if we did pay them i want a refund for the crap call at the end of the first half where the push was on the floor with less than a second on the clock but i guess he wanted to hold the ball right. 44 must not of known he was supposed to dribble before he moved he did it all night long but it was only called about four times. you guys gave the game up late with the technical after an obvious walk which was a huge turning point. so i dont want to hear we paid the refs and how they favored us because they were horrible on both halves. it is lame that no students show up for a friday night game against the number 1 team in the confrence.

it is always funny how people don`t see why things happen. the techical foul came about not because he #1 did walk but because the refs were calling everything against north...he should have keep his cool. the push at the end of the first half came after the buzzer and if a tape on the game was made people would not only notice that north #44 didn`t walk every time he was called but would notice that uc #42 camped out in the lane all night in the first half and it was never called. i have not heard anybody say anything about how he got away with that. but most people only notices what happens to their team or what they can get away with that the refs don`t call. but before anymore comments are made i think people should read the article in tricitiessports.com both coaches are interviewed and they had the best seats in the house.

Thursday night first round

1 seed Unicoi vs 8 seed West greene

2nd seed Chuckey doak vs 7th seed elizabethon

3rd seed still undecied depends on the north game. if north beats johnson county they get 3rd if johnson county wins they get 3rd seed.. vs 6th seed happy valley

4 seed same thing as i wrote on the 3rd seed depends on tuesday vs 5 seed South greene

6 spots are alredy for certian... like i said north beats johnson county will get 3rd seed which would move johnson county to unicois side of the bracket... its shapeing up to be a good finsh tusday night..

here what the bracket would look like

1.unicoi

8.west greene

4.sn/jc

5.South Greene

2.Chuckey doak

7.Elizabethon

3. Sn/Jc

6. Happy valley

all games start at 7...top 4 seeds get home court...

there was only one 3 second called the whole night 42 probably should of got called a couple times but there were plenty of times i counted to 10 with north players in the paint. thanks for the brackets cdhsknights34

just like i said earlier most people only look to one side of the game. both coachs said it best in their interviews after the game. even coach english.

just like i said earlier most people only look to one side of the game. both coachs said it best in their interviews after the game. even coach english.

We all have our colored glasses on and nothing else can really come from rehashing the game.

Cox and English are top notch.

Ms. Williams from North deserved her ovation and then some. It was a touching moment.

Will someone associated with Elizabethton, Happy Valley, South Greene, or Johnson County provide some first-hand info on the games from last night? This thread is way too lopsided.