Lewis Co. vs Hickman Co part 2

footballguy

It simply amazes me that one could say that Lewis County is inferior to Hickman County. One good football team and things allegidly change that much. Lewis County has a tradition and thats not something that is gained by one 7-0 season. I have all the respect in the world for Hickman County and i'm extremely happy that the program is on the upswing, but this isnt anything new to Lewis County. They know how to be ready for these big games, and they'll be ready for this one. Good luck to both teams

Nice post and quite accurate. Lewis County usually has one of these games every year. Over the past few seasons it has been with Camden and we were pretty evenly matched. We are quite at ease with playing for a regional title every year.

I understand the excitement in Hickman County as it has been a really long time for you guys to be in this position. We have been experiencing it almost every year since 1989. I sincerely hope that class is displayed by both teams, coaches and fans tonight.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is true, we always have to play the refs too.

worst excuse ever is to blame refs being for home team. Last I checked the TSSAA and the officials supervisors for a certain regionpick the refs, not the hme team. Strap it up ad play fotball. DO what you are supposed to and let the best team win.

There played at the same place youve got your tail kicked at for the past 20 years .

just get behind hc bus & follow the smell of fear. they will lead you right to main gate

First time going to a game in Hohenwald. Can someone let me know if the address on Coach T's site is the location? Thanks for nothing "traveler 282"...

worst excuse ever is to blame refs being for home team. Last I checked the TSSAA and the officials supervisors for a certain regionpick the refs, not the hme team. Strap it up ad play fotball. DO what you are supposed to and let the best team win.

I agree. Bad refs are bad refs. I don't agree with every call, but I know enough about officiating and umpiring to know that the officials could care less who wins and who loses as long as the check clears the bank and TSSAA typically won't let officials call games for their alma mater or the school their children attend. Want to give officiating a try? Contact the TSSAA. They'll train you and give you as many assignments as you want.

If a school really doesn't like the way a particular official calls the game or if there's a personality conflict between an official and a coach, coaches have ways of limiting the number of times they see that official and it's usually not a secret.

21-6 Lewis County wins, best defensive game I've seen LC play this year. radio said they held HC

under 100 total offense /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Great Win, Congradulation Panthers , REGION CHAMPS

PS: Welcome to 2A Hickman County /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Well theres no use in talking about this one anymore. The better team won the game. But hats off to Hickman County, they played tough the whole game. But when Lewis plays the way they did tonight, there aren't many teams in 2-A that can play with them. Good Luck the rest of the way Hickman. Lets finish out the season and show those other schools Region 6-2A isn't so weak after all.