Dobyns-Bennett JV

Tribefb

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened?

I was told by a JV parent that a hand full of the parents jumped coach Holt about their kids not playing this week.Heard it got pretty ugly,even saying they would have his job. Can anyone just tell GC that their kid who can't run will start over CS this friday or he will loose his job ? I say NO,NO,NO. GC makes the moves at DB,and we won't agree with them all.I may have my thoughts here and there,but I'll stand back to back with these coaches as long as they are on DB's sideline

I was told by a JV parent that a hand full of the parents jumped coach Holt about their kids not playing this week.Heard it got pretty ugly,even saying they would have his job. Can anyone just tell GC that their kid who can't run will start over CS this friday or he will loose his job ? I say NO,NO,NO. GC makes the moves at DB,and we won't agree with them all.I may have my thoughts here and there,but I'll stand back to back with these coaches as long as they are on DB's sideline

Thanks for the info. Looks like you're right to stand by the coach.

It sounds like they have moved the Lynn Garden league to J Fred. Curious, are they still letting Jrs play on JV and is that who is knocking them out PT? Who are the JV coaches and why would a new young coach be the head coach of the JV and not Fr.? Doesnt Wagner coach Fr.? If the JV is next group coming up to play it seems like you would want the most experienced coach in that job.

It sounds like they have moved the Lynn Garden league to J Fred. Curious, are they still letting Jrs play on JV and is that who is knocking them out PT? Who are the JV coaches and why would a new young coach be the head coach of the JV and not Fr.? Doesnt Wagner coach Fr.? If the JV is next group coming up to play it seems like you would want the most experienced coach in that job.

From what I hear,if they had a cut at DB, it wouldn't have been a problem.It was still classless of those parents,and a coach should never be held hostage to do the wrong thing.

From what I hear,if they had a cut at DB, it wouldn't have been a problem.It was still classless of those parents,and a coach should never be held hostage to do the wrong thing.

Unfortunately they reap what they sow. For ever and ever there has been so much pressure put on the parents to raise thousands and thousands of dollars for the team that I'm sure that is where the rub comes in. It is strongly rumored if you dont volunteer your son doesnt play. The parents become hostage to working the Bristol race and the person in charge of the volunteers is none other than GC's brother. I know parents in the past that based on what they make (Docs, lawyers, Bankers, Dentist) they would have been better off donating their paycheck than the 50-60 hours. They even try to write a check but they say they need the bodies so they dont lose the job. They dont cut anybody from the team because that is more parents to work the race and that I'm sure has caused the friction. They are probably running out of JV games and their boy has not seen the field. The same pressure will be applied come spring practice and the spring race. They raise a lot of money and they spend a lot ($50,000+?). That team is treated better than most small colleges. I dont agree with what the parent(s) did, but it is not the first nor the last.

Unfortunately they reap what they sow. For ever and ever there has been so much pressure put on the parents to raise thousands and thousands of dollars for the team that I'm sure that is where the rub comes in. It is strongly rumored if you dont volunteer your son doesnt play. The parents become hostage to working the Bristol race and the person in charge of the volunteers is none other than GC's brother. I know parents in the past that based on what they make (Docs, lawyers, Bankers, Dentist) they would have been better off donating their paycheck than the 50-60 hours. They even try to write a check but they say they need the bodies so they dont lose the job. They dont cut anybody from the team because that is more parents to work the race and that I'm sure has caused the friction. They are probably running out of JV games and their boy has not seen the field. The same pressure will be applied come spring practice and the spring race. They raise a lot of money and they spend a lot ($50,000+?). That team is treated better than most small colleges. I dont agree with what the parent(s) did, but it is not the first nor the last.

Wrong...the coaches don't have anything to do with the fundraising by the D-B QB Club, there is a board that sets committees and activities...so parents are not pressured or even asked by coaches.

Wrong...person in charge this year was a dentist; has been an Eastman engineer, a couple of insurance agents, and in a couple of previous years the same dentist as this year.

Wrong...many players play and start whose parents have never been on the BMS campus (to assist with the fund- raising)...and not just referring necessarily to this season.

Wrong...didn't cut anyone from the team long before the race situation came about...it has nothing to do with the number of players.

Wrong...there are only six or seven people, at the most, that will put in 50-60 hours...there are two fairly short days and two long days twice a year, but most people don't work but one each season...

Wrong...don't spend $50,000+...

What the QB Club does is a good thing...come be a part of it and see for yourself.

I don't know anything about the situation that brought about this thread and don't know that I want to, but whatever it is, is a shame...and it is wrong of you Watchdog to attempt to explain, or justify (or whatever it was you were doing with the situation with untrue statements)...you are, however, very correct with your last sentence; I am with you on that (not that you would think that was a good thing).

I know you and I have for whatever reason(s) butted heads some on here...I can say I do think you have had some good thought provoking posts during the course of the season, but this isn't one I would categorize that way.

Roll Tribe Roll

Wrong...the coaches don't have anything to do with the fundraising by the D-B QB Club, there is a board that sets committees and activities...so parents are not pressured or even asked by coaches.

Wrong...person in charge this year was a dentist; has been an Eastman engineer, a couple of insurance agents, and in a couple of previous years the same dentist as this year.

Wrong...many players play and start whose parents have never been on the BMS campus (to assist with the fund- raising)...and not just referring necessarily to this season.

Wrong...didn't cut anyone from the team long before the race situation came about...it has nothing to do with the number of players.

Wrong...there are only six or seven people, at the most, that will put in 50-60 hours...there are two fairly short days and two long days twice a year, but most people don't work but one each season...

Wrong...don't spend $50,000+...

What the QB Club does is a good thing...come be a part of it and see for yourself.

I don't know anything about the situation that brought about this thread and don't know that I want to, but whatever it is, is a shame...and it is wrong of you Watchdog to attempt to explain, or justify (or whatever it was you were doing with the situation with untrue statements)...you are, however, very correct with your last sentence; I am with you on that (not that you would think that was a good thing).

I know you and I have for whatever reason(s) butted heads some on here...I can say I do think you have had some good thought provoking posts during the course of the season, but this isn't one I would categorize that way.

Roll Tribe Roll

Well skunky I agree with with some of your stuff, but you are wrong in others.Numbers do matter.In sports ,as in DB Football and DB band mean alot of $$$.The more people the more $$$.Parents are starting to realize that they are needed the most at the Bristol races.You of all people know that.WatchDoggy is close with the $50,000. dollar figure.You can deny it but it has become overwhelming to provide all the free dinners,snacks,refreshments,and trips that are being provided by volunteers and family members.As for the coaching R.Wagner should be coaching the JV period.It seems that nobody cares if the freshman or JV win anyway in any sport at DB.Emphasis is always but on the Varsity.With all the new facilities being built around the campus,one has to think that DB is trying to symbolize something,or do they really need them to be status quo?

Well skunky I agree with with some of your stuff, but you are wrong in others.Numbers do matter.In sports ,as in DB Football and DB band mean alot of $$$.The more people the more $$$.Parents are starting to realize that they are needed the most at the Bristol races.You of all people know that.WatchDoggy is close with the $50,000. dollar figure.You can deny it but it has become overwhelming to provide all the free dinners,snacks,refreshments,and trips that are being provided by volunteers and family members.As for the coaching R.Wagner should be coaching the JV period.It seems that nobody cares if the freshman or JV win anyway in any sport at DB.Emphasis is always but on the Varsity.With all the new facilities being built around the campus,one has to think that DB is trying to symbolize something,or do they really need them to be status quo?

enough with the politics whos the stud that going to help on friday nights next year or even this year?