1A Complete Playoff Predictions

Treyvols99

I have seen Cascade play each of the last two seasons and this team would beat last year's by three touchdowns. Jo Byrns has another year of experience for Taylor, Spann, Reeves and Co., but they lost some serious talent with Holman, Moody and Morris. Didn't Cascade lose a couple kids to college football? How tough have they been to replace? Seems like their defensive line has been a question mark. Most every great team has at least one kid up front that is unblockable one on one. You got one like Collinwood's White or Marshall County's Hightower?

Our Defensive line is pretty tough. We have Armstrong (senior), Martin (senior), Carter (junior), Sanders (senior), and Bass (sophmore). They get a lot of pressure on the QB and no team has had much success throwing the ball. If you double team anyone of them, you will pay for it usually. Armstrong and Martin are a load with an average weight of about 280 lbs. Carter and Bass are speed guys who I'm guessing will both run a sub 4.8...(I know Carter will, not sure about Bass's speed)..

We actually had three kids that received scholarships. Seth Carter (Tyler Carter's older brother) and Seth Day are currently playing together in College. Daniel Tucker who was killed in an automobile accident over the summer also received a full scholarship. I'm expecting 3-5 kids off this team to get offers.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen Cascade play each of the last two seasons and this team would beat last year's by three touchdowns. Jo Byrns has another year of experience for Taylor, Spann, Reeves and Co., but they lost some serious talent with Holman, Moody and Morris. Didn't Cascade lose a couple kids to college football? How tough have they been to replace? Seems like their defensive line has been a question mark. Most every great team has at least one kid up front that is unblockable one on one. You got one like Collinwood's White or Marshall County's Hightower?

let me throw one in for ya,just for those who havent noticed yet,#58 Matt Bohler for JB 6'3 250lb jr. big fast and tenacious DT, has drawn double team blocks all year and still ranks in top 5 for tackles on the team. ( aka. the man child as some have began to call him ) this young man should make all state for sure !

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Cascade11,

I have to agree the Front 7 for Cascade on Defense is tough. But I think the Secondary has been really outstanding thus far. They have created lots of turnovers and have allowed the Front 7 to do somethings up front with good man to man coverage. When you can put a kid on a island in coverage and he is still making plays, It will allow for the Front Seven to pin their ears back and go after the ball. I think it is a combonation of the two that have allowed for Cascade to have such good defense thus far during the season. But hey we still go three to play and as the old saying goses:

"Offense wins ball games, Defenses wins championships!"

Go Champs!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Cascade11,

I have to agree the Front 7 for Cascade on Defense is tough. But I think the Secondary has been really outstanding thus far. They have created lots of turnovers and have allowed the Front 7 to do somethings up front with good man to man coverage. When you can put a kid on a island in coverage and he is still making plays, It will allow for the Front Seven to pin their ears back and go after the ball. I think it is a combonation of the two that have allowed for Cascade to have such good defense thus far during the season. But hey we still go three to play and as the old saying goses:

Go Champs!

I totally agree with that, but I don't think we've seen any great passers yet. If we can get pressure on Spann next week, I also think our secondary will be fine, but it we aren't able to rush him, he's good enough to make you pay no matter who you have in the secondary.

let me throw one in for ya,just for those who havent noticed yet,#58 Matt Bohler for JB 6'3 250lb jr. big fast and tenacious DT, has drawn double team blocks all year and still ranks in top 5 for tackles on the team. ( aka. the man child as some have began to call him ) this young man should make all state for sure !

Has he had any schools take a look at him. With him being a junior he needs to roll up to some great Line Camps. Western Kentucky dose a great job with their camps, I think that is about an hour drive from Cedar Hill. Or personally I would recommend him going down road to MTSU, Jimmy Ray Stephens, ex Tennessee Line Coach, has a great two week camp during the summer for lineman. Anyway good luck to the young man and I hope he get's a chance to play at the next level.

Go Champs!

I agree with most of what you have said, the only thing I think is a problem is we have not seen a good passer yet and when we do we will see how the defense looks then. I look for them to change up coverages on defense more this year as we get to playing the better teams. If a team has a great passer and we run the defense we do without changing it could make for a long night. Either way I hope we come up with better pass defense before it is too late to do anything about it. The key to beating Jo Byrns next week will be to keep their offense off of the field, because most of their key players play both ways and if we move the ball effectively we can wear them down which in turn creats turnovers and mistakes.

I totally agree with that, but I don't think we've seen any great passers yet. If we can get pressure on Spann next week, I also think our secondary will be fine, but it we aren't able to rush him, he's good enough to make you pay no matter who you have in the secondary.

Good Points,

I hope my observation is correct, we will get two great quaterbacks in three weeks that is for sure.

Speaking of great passers will Ainge be the difference for the Vols this weekend. I think he may be the reason why Tennessee wins the game. I am sure I have upset those Bama fans but I don't have a horse in the race.

Go Big Blue!

Good Points,

I hope my observation is correct, we will get two great quaterbacks in three weeks that is for sure.

Speaking of great passers will Ainge be the difference for the Vols this weekend. I think he may be the reason why Tennessee wins the game. I am sure I have upset those Bama fans but I don't have a horse in the race.

Go Big Blue!

Fulmer will get another win this weekend over the Bammers...Volunteers win by seven or more. Senior QB WILL be the difference I think.

Fulmer will get another win this weekend over the Bammers...Volunteers win by seven or more. Senior QB WILL be the difference I think.

Ouch !!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Actually it was our Jr QB that was the difference

Sounds good to me. Don't really know enough about 1 and 2 to give a good opinion on those regions. I totally agree with 3,4,5,6....I think Lake Co. may get a 1st round win in the last two, but that would be a guess also.

you may also want to rethink greenfield making playoffs at all not looking good for them but with their loss to union city it put them in a bad way with their schedule left @hollow rock bruceton then hosting lake co