1A Complete Playoff Predictions

Treyvols99

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lake co will not beat TCA or Fayette.

Sorry

You may be right, but I think TCA wins that region and Fayette takes second. I have Lake finishing third in the other region which would match them up against Fayette. Fayette is currently on a three game skid (granted against very good competition), but also only beat Halls by one point. Looking at common opponents, Lake was able to hang 30 on Bruceton in a losing effort last week, so that tells me they can score. I don't get to see any of the games in the west, so looking at scores and common opponents is all I have to go by. A first round victory by Lake County is not out of the question.

I was on that South Pitt train last year reading all the threads about how they shouldn't even be playing 1A ball because no one could play with them in this class............then along came Temple and we know the rest of the story.........I'm gonna be a little more skeptical this season till I see how they do against Region 4 in the playoffs.

Different year and a big time difference in attitude/leadership. I'm telling right now SP should be the favorite because they way they are playing. They beat a very good Tyner team that I think could beat any other 1A team in the state. Their depth alone would be a big plus for them. Yes if they played each other again Tyner could very easily win as well as SP could very easily win again. That's OK the playoffs will be here soon enough we will see who has it and who doesn't have it.

What happen after the first round? .....I guess it goes by team record?

No it does not, It alternates by year.

This year the third round will be hosted by

region 1

region 3

region 5

region 7

Semi-finals will be hosted by

region 1

region 5

If a region is supposed to host a semi-final and that region does not have a team still active in the playoffs, then whichever team defeated them host's. The exception being in the third round. If a team from region 5 (for example) is supposed to host a third round game and no team is still playing, then the highest seed of the two remaining teams from region 6 will host.

It sounds complicated but if you set it up and look at a braket it really isn't

No it does not, It alternates by year.

This year the third round will be hosted by

region 1

region 3

region 5

region 7

Semi-finals will be hosted by

region 1

region 5

If a region is supposed to host a semi-final and that region does not have a team still active in the playoffs, then whichever team defeated them host's. The exception being in the third round. If a team from region 5 (for example) is supposed to host a third round game and no team is still playing, then the highest seed of the two remaining teams from region 6 will host.

It sounds complicated but if you set it up and look at a braket it really isn't

Thank you /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You may be right, but I think TCA wins that region and Fayette takes second. I have Lake finishing third in the other region which would match them up against Fayette. Fayette is currently on a three game skid (granted against very good competition), but also only beat Halls by one point. Looking at common opponents, Lake was able to hang 30 on Bruceton in a losing effort last week, so that tells me they can score. I don't get to see any of the games in the west, so looking at scores and common opponents is all I have to go by. A first round victory by Lake County is not out of the question.

Lake may be the 4th seed. Union city has only lossed to McKenzie and Bruceton and they beat Lake Co. Lake Co. has lost to Union City and Bruceton. With McKenzie looking large. I dont see Lake co beating McKenzie but anything can happen. Greenfield has only lost to McKenzie.

/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

There are three weeks left in the regular season and most teams having two to three games left to play, I find it hard to lay out a complete playoff prediction. My hat is off to all who has spent time on this issue debating. But call me old fashion the games are still played on the field and I think a lot of things can happen before the regular season is over. So I will leave everybody with this saying, " Don't put the wagon before the ox"

What happen after the first round? .....I guess it goes by team record?

It goes by seeds the first two rounds then it is pre determined by flip flopping regions each year as to whom gets home field advantage. For example who ever gets the first place spot in regions 1 & 5 will have the opprotunity to have all of their games at home throughout the playoffs until the state championship. I know for a fact it is that way for region 5 not sure about 1 for sure. If Mt. Plesant comes out on top of the third round game they will have the fourth round game at their place as well.

True good points. I am a homer no doubt about it, but I also think in my opinion this Cascade team is even better than last years team. We lost alot of great ball players last year but many kids have stepped up. Reguardless I am just itching for the playoffs to start and figured i would go ahead and break it down. I may be totally wrong all together but if their is any team in 1A head and shoulders above this team I would love to see them play.

I have seen Cascade play each of the last two seasons and this team would beat last year's by three touchdowns. Jo Byrns has another year of experience for Taylor, Spann, Reeves and Co., but they lost some serious talent with Holman, Moody and Morris. Didn't Cascade lose a couple kids to college football? How tough have they been to replace? Seems like their defensive line has been a question mark. Most every great team has at least one kid up front that is unblockable one on one. You got one like Collinwood's White or Marshall County's Hightower?