1A Complete Playoff Predictions

Treyvols99

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Cascade is really good and I think they could be a deep playoff team but I dont know about a state championship but I guess I could be wrong.....What happened against McEwen? I would think a state champion team would beat the by a lot more

Well a win is a win. I dont want to make a bunch of excuses for that game because thats what they would be excuses. I will say that was our second game of the season and we honestly may have over looked them a bit from the score the prior season. Either way who ever gets to the state championship this year will have an extremely tough road ahead of them. If WHH pulls the upset on Jo Byrns my predictions for the first round go out the door obviously. It may have been a little early for me to do these predictions but I had a little time on my hands and figured it would be fun to hear agreements and disagrrements from everyone. You gotta love playoff time. Three weeks away.

Go Champs /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

True good points. I am a homer no doubt about it, but I also think in my opinion this Cascade team is even better than last years team. We lost alot of great ball players last year but many kids have stepped up. Reguardless I am just itching for the playoffs to start and figured i would go ahead and break it down. I may be totally wrong all together but if their is any team in 1A head and shoulders above this team I would love to see them play.

Well I know it is a cliche but defense wins championships and the team that wins may be someone you least suspect because these type teams don't usually draw as much attention to themselves.

First Round

Region 1&2 Winners

Hampton vs. Harriman Hampton

Cloudland vs Greenback Cloudland

Cosby @ Oneida Oneida

Jelico @ Midway Midway

Region 3&4

South Pitt vs. Watertown South Pitt

Lookout Valley vs. Trousdale Co. Trousdale Co.

Silverdale @ Freindship Christian Friendship Christian

Grace Baptist @ Gordonsville Gordonsville

Region 5&6

Cascade vs. Moore Co. Cascade

Jo Byrns vs. Wayne Co. Jo Byrns

WHH @ Collinwood WHH

Mcewen @ Mt Pleasant Mt. Pleasant

Region 7&8

Mckenzie vs. Halls Mckenzie

Bruceton vs. Manassas Bruceton

Greenfield @ Trinity Christian Trinity Christian

Lake Co. @ Fayette Academy Fayette Academy

Iknow you probably don't know anything about regions 1 and 2 , but your picks looks totally wrong, I doubt you evenn have the right teams in the playoffs. I' keep up with this area very close and its definately not decided yet. Region 1 is a mess.

Third/Fourth Round Playoffs

Regions 1&2

Midway @ Hampton Hampton

Regions 3&4

Gordonsville @ South Pitt South Pitt

Regions 5&6

Jo Byrns @ Cascade Cascade

Regions 7&8

Bruceton @ Mckenzie Mckenzie

Fourth Round

South Pitt @ Hampton South Pitt

Mckenzie @ Cascade Cascade

Championship

Cascade vs. South Pitt Cascade

Wrong orange and black team winning championship. If SP plays like they have been playing I don't see them getting beat. Those Pirates are good. Just ask Tyner and Boyd.

Wrong orange and black team winning championship. If SP plays like they have been playing I don't see them getting beat. Those Pirates are good. Just ask Tyner and Boyd.

I was on that South Pitt train last year reading all the threads about how they shouldn't even be playing 1A ball because no one could play with them in this class............then along came Temple and we know the rest of the story.........I'm gonna be a little more skeptical this season till I see how they do against Region 4 in the playoffs.

I encourage all that are available to make it to Cascade next week for their matchup with Jo Byrns to come out. I would assume this is the best game going on in 1A next week. i think we will have a little something for Jo Byrns next week along with payback. Hope to see many at that game next week.Go Champs /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Iknow you probably don't know anything about regions 1 and 2 , but your picks looks totally wrong, I doubt you evenn have the right teams in the playoffs. I' keep up with this area very close and its definately not decided yet. Region 1 is a mess.

You are absolutely correct. Besides Hampton I have not got a clue about any of the other teams. I just went off of the standings along with who has played who to make my prediction. It does look like a mess in region 1A.

I encourage all that are available to make it to Cascade next week for their matchup with Jo Byrns to come out. I would assume this is the best game going on in 1A next week. i think we will have a little something for Jo Byrns next week along with payback. Hope to see many at that game next week.

Go Champs /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Actually next week is also Trousdale vs. Friendship. It will be a big game anyway but if Friendship can beat a mad Gordonsville team than Trousdale vs. Friendship will be for the region championship. So there is at least an argument over the biggest game of next week /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Actually next week is also Trousdale vs. Friendship. It will be a big game anyway but if Friendship can beat a mad Gordonsville team than Trousdale vs. Friendship will be for the region championship. So there is at least an argument over the biggest game of next week /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Gordonsville will beat Friendship this week and Friendship will beat Trousdale next week. Problem solved come down to the stable and watch two undefeated teams play.

Gordonsville will beat Friendship this week and Friendship will beat Trousdale next week. Problem solved come down to the stable and watch two undefeated teams play.

The way that region 4 has been working out so far you might be right with that predictions. I think the coaches are all doing the best they can to make a 5 way tie for 1st and just give everyone headache's.

As for going down to the stable I am sad to say I won't be there, Steve Spurrier returns to Knoxville and if Tennessee can somehow beat bama this week it will be a huge game up here at knoxville that I ain't gonna miss. Good luck to both teams though.

The way that region 4 has been working out so far you might be right with that predictions. I think the coaches are all doing the best they can to make a 5 way tie for 1st and just give everyone headache's.

As for going down to the stable I am sad to say I won't be there, Steve Spurrier returns to Knoxville and if Tennessee can somehow beat bama this week it will be a huge game up here at knoxville that I ain't gonna miss. Good luck to both teams though.

Well lucky for me I will get to go to the Cascade - Jo Byrns game and then head to Knoxville on Saturday for the UT- USC game. Tenny will beat Bammer this week then it will be a clean sweep next week for the Champs and the Vols.