Oakland vs. Lebanon

magoo043

I'm sure there will be a lot more openings at the end of this year.

You're right valentine did get more carries..I was being sarcastic, he was never given a chance to get into a rhythm. He's a twenty carry type back.

I did like the added flavor of the offense. But it was just too little too late

I know its not Madden thats why a run on 4th and two feet makes perfect sense!!!!! Instead of a POST!!!

I don't know if it would have been enough. I trust the interior line, but they brought everyone but those two coverage guys. Shaller had enough time, and made a good pass. Petey just didn't adjust. Eye in the sky don't lie.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was great to see Messick on the side last night. You could tell that those boys wanted to pull it out for him. From what I understand #64 Swain had those decals made for the team. Brandon is supposed to come back to school on Monday. What an inspiration Messick is to all of us.

What an admirable thing for Swain to do. You don't think about kids showing that kind of thoughfulness towards others. Obviously, he has been raised right. Just goes to show what special guys both Messick and Swain are.

It was a terrible job by the coaches!!!!!!!!!!! Whoever called the play should have his play calling duties removed!!! Using a time out to decide to go for two .......STUPID!!!!!!!! hey coaches....TAKE THE PENALTY!!!!!.

The poor play on offense finally made its way to the defense, it was only a matter of time. Sad, sad, sad. someone owes oaklands players an apology. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Will someone tell me why they moved the ball so well on their first drive with valentine running the ball, and then they didn't give him the ball again untill the 2nd half.....Have they not heard of getting a player in a rhythm? It hurts to watch their decision making!!

If anyone owes the players an apology, it might be some of the parents who have nothing but negatives to say about everything that they don't agree with; many of these parents have done this while acting loyal in front of the coaches. No names need be dropped, but most close to the program know who they are because you can hear them in the stands each and every night. It's a wonder these kids ever win a game with the negativity they hear when they go home. Most of our players go home to parents who blast everything about the team. I'm sure you are one of the front runners who would be saying that Ferg should have let him call the plays a long time ago if it had been completed for a TD. Typical of the type of people I am talking about. BMW if things are going bad and singing coach's praises if things are going good. This is the problem with our youth today. Hard to make a difference when the parents aren't even accountable for what they say or how they behave. Such a shame.

And by the way, if there are new coaches hired, you will still be a front runner....those coaches will still have character and be honorable.

If anyone owes the players an apology, it might be some of the parents who have nothing but negatives to say about everything that they don't agree with; many of these parents have done this while acting loyal in front of the coaches. No names need be dropped, but most close to the program know who they are because you can hear them in the stands each and every night. It's a wonder these kids ever win a game with the negativity they hear when they go home. Most of our players go home to parents who blast everything about the team. I'm sure you are one of the front runners who would be saying that Ferg should have let him call the plays a long time ago if it had been completed for a TD. Typical of the type of people I am talking about. BMW if things are going bad and singing coach's praises if things are going good. This is the problem with our youth today. Hard to make a difference when the parents aren't even accountable for what they say or how they behave. Such a shame.

And by the way, if there are new coaches hired, you will still be a front runner....those coaches will still have character and be honorable.

Very good post. I would hate to be held accountable publicly for everything I did at work that didn't go right. It is easy for us to sit back and say what should have been called AFTER the fact. I could never keep my cool on the sidelines enough to figure out what to do.

Bacillum, you are a fine young man and every coach's dream.

Very good post. I would hate to be held accountable publicly for everything I did at work that didn't go right. It is easy for us to sit back and say what should have been called AFTER the fact. I could never keep my cool on the sidelines enough to figure out what to do.

Bacillum, you are a fine young man and every coach's dream.

2P, I wish all fans were true fans, as you are. You are exactly right about being publicly accountable. These people sit in the stands and complain without ever investing in the program as these kids and coaches have. I hope that I am supportive of what my children do when they are older and am never looked upon as some the parents that I see in the stands. It is truly sickening to hear how much some of these people are praised for their support of OHS football and then see and hear them in the stands acting as if they have no upbringing. I guarantee that if Peetie had gotten behind the safety and scored, people like FUNKEEMUNKEE would be praising him and saying that Ferg should have allowed to call plays last year, as well. Our offense was more open the past two weeks than it has been in the past four years. This is what everyone was saying we needed. Now we get it and then complain when one of the 7 or 8 gutsy calls over the past two games doesn't work. Amazing. I would pay money to have my children coached by the coaches at Oakland. They are great men and true examples of what we need men to be like in this world. It's a shame that people like the above-mentioned think that they are what everyone should be like...Heaven help us if that were the case.

sling, I agree. We all have our opinions in all matters of the world, and sometimes it is just best to keep them to ourselves. It only hurts the OHS program to project such negativity in the stands, or especially on this forum. You can bet most of the players read this stuff. I raised my son to trust in his coaches and listen to them. I encouraged him but kept my fat mouth shut about anything that pertained to the coaching aspects of football. I volunteered my time without expecting any special favors to my son b/c of it. Unfortunately, that isn't always some parents same agenda. I know that is not my area of expertise to determine how best to teach fundamentals nor to call plays. That is why I never tried toor wanted to coach. But I love the game. I know my dad always embarrassed me with his big mouth running in the stands, so I remembered how it felt and kept mine firmly closed. Now kids are going to come home angry with their coaches every once in awhile. That is normal, but you just sit and let them sound off without adding your own 2 cents. Then send them back on to practice once again. You couldn't make me take their jobs for a million bucks. Hated when they lose and loved when they win. Never an inbetween. And it is never the kid's fault.

2P, I wish all fans were true fans, as you are. You are exactly right about being publicly accountable. These people sit in the stands and complain without ever investing in the program as these kids and coaches have. I hope that I am supportive of what my children do when they are older and am never looked upon as some the parents that I see in the stands. It is truly sickening to hear how much some of these people are praised for their support of OHS football and then see and hear them in the stands acting as if they have no upbringing. I guarantee that if Peetie had gotten behind the safety and scored, people like FUNKEEMUNKEE would be praising him and saying that Ferg should have allowed to call plays last year, as well. Our offense was more open the past two weeks than it has been in the past four years. This is what everyone was saying we needed. Now we get it and then complain when one of the 7 or 8 gutsy calls over the past two games doesn't work. Amazing. I would pay money to have my children coached by the coaches at Oakland. They are great men and true examples of what we need men to be like in this world. It's a shame that people like the above-mentioned think that they are what everyone should be like...Heaven help us if that were the case.

at some point the coaches' job is to win football games is it not........its not about who has been calling the plays this season or last season or any season.....they took a chance and it didnt work...that happens......the problem comes in when none of those chances that have been taken over the course of time work...this just seems to be the same song that has been sang over the past few seasons................and im saying this without being malicious

I don't know if it would have been enough. I trust the interior line, but they brought everyone but those two coverage guys. Shaller had enough time, and made a good pass. Petey just didn't adjust. Eye in the sky don't lie.

so are you blaming that play on peetie.....because he was going to make an amazing play to get it done

at some point the coaches' job is to win football games is it not........its not about who has been calling the plays this season or last season or any season.....they took a chance and it didnt work...that happens......the problem comes in when none of those chances that have been taken over the course of time work...this just seems to be the same song that has been sang over the past few seasons................and im saying this without being malicious so are you blaming that play on peetie.....because he was going to make an amazing play to get it done

No, I'm not blaming it on Peetie. I'm not blaming a loss on anyone. A game doesn't consist of one play, but of several key plays. I just used this "controversial" play as an example. I am just saying that a coach doesn't lose a game, the players do. Coaches don't have pads on, they never step on the field between whistles. That is what I am pointing out. The job of coaches is to give us the best oppurtunity to win, which they do, and we are the ones to get it done. Look at Riverdale, they changed coaches completely and they are still dominating. Not knocking their coaches, but the players know what it is it trust the coache's call and execute. That is what we have been missing, but we are starting to get that back, and with the help of fans supporting and trusting the coaches, Oakland will start winning quite soon.

good post

No, I'm not blaming it on Peetie. I'm not blaming a loss on anyone. A game doesn't consist of one play, but of several key plays. I just used this "controversial" play as an example. I am just saying that a coach doesn't lose a game, the players do. Coaches don't have pads on, they never step on the field between whistles. That is what I am pointing out. The job of coaches is to give us the best oppurtunity to win, which they do, and we are the ones to get it done. Look at Riverdale, they changed coaches completely and they are still dominating. Not knocking their coaches, but the players know what it is it trust the coache's call and execute. That is what we have been missing, but we are starting to get that back, and with the help of fans supporting and trusting the coaches, Oakland will start winning quite soon.

No, thats where you are wrong. Coaches can lose the game for a team and it showed Friday night.

No, thats where you are wrong. Coaches can lose the game for a team and it showed Friday night.

How did the coaches lose the game? We never changed schemes, we didn't change people, we kept the game plan that we entered the game with. 1st half it didn't work, 2nd half it did. What is the difference? The players wanted it the second half. Notice, what I said, the players.