3. Millington 7-0 4

4. Farragut 6-1 96 T5

5. William Blount (1) 5-2 90 9

6. Smyrna 5-2 81 T5

7. Oak Ridge 6-1 74 2

8. Bearden 7-1 65 7

9. Whitehaven 6-1 62 8

10. Wilson Central 7-0 30

Congrats to the young men from Region 2!

Farragut, WB, & OR all in the top 10! Ooltewah has been in the top 10 this year and I would think that Owls are somewhere in the top 12!

Is there a better region in the state this year?

BTW- I know Reg 4 has 3 teams also but the comp drops off after WC! IMHO - Ooltewah makes Reg 2 the tuffest region

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riverdale, Smyrna, and Wilson Central are all from region 4. Two of the 3 are 7-0. At one time Lavergne and Lebanon were also making the top ten. Both are also from region 4.

Good points and the State Champs from last year are from that Region. I would say those are the top 2 regions in the state. Smyrna stoped the Owls from Reg 2 last year in the semis by 3 pts. Two bad that these regions have to face each other prior to the State Championship.

its all good to say one region is better than another, but to say that one "dominates" when there is another region with 3 teams also is kinda excessive...i would have called you on that had you said it in favor of region 4 even being a region 4 fan.

2p draws a valid point also with lavergne and lebanon

also going a step further in the recent debate of these 2 regions (this thread and other threads)...

On The Ball Magazine has a good formula to compare the 2 regions, no suprise here that region 4 was marked at the top. riverdale was marked #1 in 5A by this formula and #2 overall in the state. this is a true formula going off of results, not speculation

http://ontheballmag.com/headlines.cfm?a=327

Two bad that these regions have to face each other prior to the State Championship.

I'm going to have to disagree on that one looking back the last 5 years region 6 has put someone in the state championship game 4 of the last 5 years. So I like how the bracket is set up now for the playoffs. Although this year I will agree with you due to the fact region 6 is lacking there of.

Class 5A

1. Riverdale (16) 7-0 1

2. White Station (1) 7-0 3

3. Millington 7-0 4

4. Farragut 6-1 96 T5

5. William Blount (1) 5-2 90 9

6. Smyrna 5-2 81 T5

7. Oak Ridge 6-1 74 2

8. Bearden 7-1 65 7

9. Whitehaven 6-1 62 8

10. Wilson Central 7-0 30

Congrats to the young men from Region 2!

Farragut, WB, & OR all in the top 10! Ooltewah has been in the top 10 this year and I would think that Owls are somewhere in the top 12!

Is there a better region in the state this year?

BTW- I know Reg 4 has 3 teams also but the comp drops off after WC! IMHO - Ooltewah makes Reg 2 the tuffest region

LOLOLOL ... alll this proves is that there are 3 teams from 2-5A in the AP poll. 8-5A had three in there until Whitehaven beat a 6-0 Houston @ Houston... then they were dropped out. I think a 6-1 Houston should be in over a 5-2 William Blount and a 5-2 Smyrna. It's the AP poll ... it's good for conversation and getting a gauge on the top teams ... but that's about it ... determining the toughest region in 5A?

LOLOLOLOLOLOL ... please.

There is only ONE WAY to determine what region is toughest ... and that's not feasible to do ... so ... there is now way to tell. Stats and playoff dominace will not in any shape or form do it. Teams have to play each other head to head ... reagion vs region ... and it won't ever happen. So ... have fun ... use your stats ... use your polls ... LOLOLOLOLOLOL ... it's all a smoke screen.

There is only ONE way to determine the toughest region ... and it will never happen ... so ... talk amougst youselves!

LOLOLOLOL!