AAA Region Tournament

mjuhb

As far as Franklin is concerned vs. Hunters Lane tonight the game was played in a down pour the starters played approx. 15 mins of a 80 minute game. The rest of the game was played with freshman and JV players. Also, at the end of the game Jimmy Burchett had systematical pulled a player every so often too where at the end of the game it was 6 players from Franklin and 10 players from Hunters Lane on the field WHAT ELSE IS A COACH SUPPOSED TOO DO ???

He did the same against Overton High. The Metro Nashville schools will never compete with the williamson co. schools until they establish a club program within Nashville

Not embrass the other team. Clearly you knew what the outcome was going to be before the game started. HL ended with only 10 players, is that all they had to play? if that was the case did you start with 10 or all 11 STARTERS ? TTU my comment was not only directed at the 10-0 score that Franklin had. If you check out Oak Ridge (for example) they scored a total of 36 goals in their first 3 games. 36 goals in 3 games againest weaker opponents. Sorry to ruffle your feathers, but you guys are a smart bunch figure it out.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question: why in heavens name do you run a score up 10-0 on some one? stats? Ego?

I've noticed on Euro there are quite abit of scores that got out of hand. Is the art of calling off the dogs for the sake of sportsmanship dead. Whats wrong when your up 5-0 and the other team has'nt crossed the half line to pull your stars, or to tell your team they can only score with headers, work on switching the ball in the back.

I WARN you these other programs will remember the beating and what comes around goes around.

Please I would like to hear your commits. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

MVM -

Really, it's all of the above. I've seen the same things happen at various other schools. The coach will put in the "B" team to keep the score low, tell the girls # of passes before shooting at the goal, shoot only off a cross, etc. The problem is with the "B" team they want to have the opportunity to score. They also want to show the coach that they deserve playing time, not that he's necessarily going to change the line up. With the limited amount of playing time some of these girls receive, they want to be able to play at their full capacity and be able to score. Also, I've watched a girl that wasn't having a good season pound a lesser team to get her stats up and boost her ego. I agree that some coaches will run the score up, but most try to keep it low. It's not always what it seems.

Not embrass the other team. Clearly you knew what the outcome was going to be before the game started. HL ended with only 10 players, is that all they had to play? if that was the case did you start with 10 or all 11 STARTERS ? TTU my comment was not only directed at the 10-0 score that Franklin had. If you check out Oak Ridge (for example) they scored a total of 36 goals in their first 3 games. 36 goals in 3 games againest weaker opponents. Sorry to ruffle your feathers, but you guys are a smart bunch figure it out.

First of all the score was not 10-0 it was 7-0. Second did you not understand what coach BURCHETT DID. HUNTERS LANE HAD PLENTY OF PLAYERS WE PLAYED DOWN 6 PLAYERS TO THEIR 10 PLAYERS. As far as the outcome if we win we go to the sub state we have to win and we made sure of that . Also, Hunters Lane had only lost 2 games granted they did not play our competition but even so we played our starters 15 mins. And by the way we do have it figured out . I think if you called the hunters lane coach today he would say that the Franklin girls soccer team and coach played with class and respect. Without club ball in metro nahville this will contiue. The coach yelled at those girls constantly made better coaching would help

Guest cableguy

cableguy- not sure by your question/post if you are unhappy with something I have typed or if you were speaking solely to wildcat. Be that as it may, I do agree with you, which is why I do believe Russ to be a great coach.

Straight at Wildcat, Chelsea. Sorry for not being more clear.

Question: why in heavens name do you run a score up 10-0 on some one? stats? Ego?

I've noticed on Euro there are quite abit of scores that got out of hand. Is the art of calling off the dogs for the sake of sportsmanship dead. Whats wrong when your up 5-0 and the other team has'nt crossed the half line to pull your stars, or to tell your team they can only score with headers, work on switching the ball in the back.

I WARN you these other programs will remember the beating and what comes around goes around.

Please I would like to hear your commits. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Sorry you feel those teams ran up the score. If you had seen the games, you would understand the disparity in ability and talent. Did you notice The Tennessean article where a Franklin RESERVE scored four goals? Nothing intentional, just a fact that both games were total mismatches.

First of all the score was not 10-0 it was 7-0. Second did you not understand what coach BURCHETT DID. HUNTERS LANE HAD PLENTY OF PLAYERS WE PLAYED DOWN 6 PLAYERS TO THEIR 10 PLAYERS. As far as the outcome if we win we go to the sub state we have to win and we made sure of that . Also, Hunters Lane had only lost 2 games granted they did not play our competition but even so we played our starters 15 mins. And by the way we do have it figured out . I think if you called the hunters lane coach today he would say that the Franklin girls soccer team and coach played with class and respect. Without club ball in metro nahville this will contiue. The coach yelled at those girls constantly made better coaching would help

TTU you apparently feel that Franklin did everything possible to hold the score. I was not there so I'll take it at face value that Franklin did. But, my comment was a much deeper one, more on the grand scale of running up the score during a regular season game. I don't think anyone can honestly say that this does not happen.

Does anyone know if TSSAA is thinking of splitting up that big 4 of Brentwood, Centennial, Franklin, and Ravenwood and putting them into different districts? I had heard at one time they were considering redrawing the districts but didnt know for sure. Just wondering.

Interesting. I had not heard that. My initial thought is that it would be good for AAA soccer because these teams would not eliminate each other from region/state (Brentwood, a team that has been in the top five for the last few weeks is done for the year after being upset in district, as is Centennial). I believe that there are one or two more districts in the same situation as this one.

thats williamson co i'm talking about metro nashville(davidson co)

Got you. I am just racking my brain trying to remember which private schools are in the metro area that are strong in soccer.

I was just commenting on the fact that those metro schools have the misfortune of being lined up with the williamson county schools every year for region play. That is a battle they will continue to lose, I think.

Got you. I am just racking my brain trying to remember which private schools are in the metro area that are strong in soccer.

I was just commenting on the fact that those metro schools have the misfortune of being lined up with the williamson county schools every year for region play. That is a battle they will continue to lose, I think.

Talent in Tennessee is not evenly distributed. There are pockets of strength, and pockets of mediocrity. Thus, there will be districts where strong teams get eliminated, and districts where mediocre teams will advance. As play advances towards regionals, the same thing gets repeated. Some have the misfortune to be in lopsided regions, where it??™s unlikely teams from one side ever advance; others seem to have a cakewalk.

Is there any solution, maybe, maybe not. Maybe the answer is not just to measure success in the usual fashion (wins), but also in those intangible things that team sports try to teach -- working as a team, coming together, dealing with adversity, not giving up even in the face of insurmountable odds, losing with class and dignity, etc. Also, some teams can justly be proud of their accomplishments, especially those that work with little school support, few (if any) club players, etc. Success can also be measured in terms of beating that cross town rival, etc.

A District 12 girls team has never beaten a District 11 team.

In the boys a few years ago Glenclif (Dist. 12) beat Ravenwood and I'm thinking that another Dist 12 boys team won a game also.

Are you sure of this fact? NEVER??? Does that include this season?

McGavock (District 12)

beat Hillsboro (District 11) 1-0, and

beat Overton (District 11) 4-0