Mcminn Central VS Polk CO

charger023

/mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> IMO someone at MC other than Coach Derrick needs to take control of the situation and ENSURE that it is not brought to PC Friday night.It seems apparent that Coach Derrick is either unwilling to , or incapable of taking care of it so its time an Administrator needs to step in!!!!! Especially if students at MC are afraid to either come or have left school

This is the type of crap that I am talking about. What does Coach Derrick have to do with someone shooting up someones car over the weekend? None of his players were involved with what happened this weekend. Quit bashing him for things out of his control, things aren't always what they seem.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its called DISCIPLINE. A player does not just represent your school and program just on game day but in every aspect of their lives that is what extra curricular activities are for. Remember that these programs are a privilege not a right, and should be used for leverage. That is why I say any coach should be held accountable.

I agree 100%. Coach Rich and Darty would not have allowed all this nonsense. If you ask me this new coach of ours has done nothing until he gets the kids under control. No matter if you go 9-1 and have no respect or discipline your still a loser in the game of life. I know there are alot of parents not liking what is going on at Central. But apparently winning means more than teaching morals and values. We should teach all of our youngsters that life is full of decisions and you must be accountable for the ones you make. Us as adults should not make excuses for them if you do you are setting them up for failure when they get out into the real world.

I think the game friday will be close but I really don't know if we are disciplined enough to win, if Polk gets up I think we will fall apart and the lack of discipline will rear its ugly head as it has in the past. Good luck Chargers!!

This is the type of crap that I am talking about. What does Coach Derrick have to do with someone shooting up someones car over the weekend? None of his players were involved with what happened this weekend. Quit bashing him for things out of his control, things aren't always what they seem.

Evidently it had something to do with our players or the kid just wouldn't have picked him out just because he plays football. An earlier post said it started with the kid that just got kicked out and he did play. Maybe us as a community need to take a step back and look in the mirror. Is this the price we want to pay to be successful. Coach Derricks arrogance and lack of respect will be his and this teams downfall and I don't care if he is a hometown boy!

I agree 100%. Coach Rich and Darty would not have allowed all this nonsense. If you ask me this new coach of ours has done nothing until he gets the kids under control. No matter if you go 9-1 and have no respect or discipline your still a loser in the game of life. I know there are alot of parents not liking what is going on at Central. But apparently winning means more than teaching morals and values. We should teach all of our youngsters that life is full of decisions and you must be accountable for the ones you make. Us as adults should not make excuses for them if you do you are setting them up for failure when they get out into the real world.

I think the game friday will be close but I really don't know if we are disciplined enough to win, if Polk gets up I think we will fall apart and the lack of discipline will rear its ugly head as it has in the past. Good luck Chargers!!

Alright here it goes, I apoligizes this has nothing to do with the thread.

The reason Rich would not put up with it is because he was the one that was out of control at times. Come on man, do you now what its like trying to keep up with all these kids. I dare say that most of us have things that we do wrong in our on lives that we could use a good whoopin for or our own children. This kinda crap has been going on at Central for twenty years or so, it has nothing to do with discipline. If this was the case then all the college coaches in the land along with many high school coaches have no discipline.

Every team has a kid that has to be dealt with whether the player or their parents causing problems. I challenge you OldChargerfan to go sit down with Coach Derrick and give him so pointers to help him better control this situation. I know he would welcome the advice. We all want to see the kids succeed with no problems, but in this day and age with all the political bull that one has to endure it is hard.

some of you small minded people need to get out of the woods sometimes...i mean lets be real this has nothing to do with discipline on the football field...but i guess if the coaches took all the players home with him and adopted them then it would solve all the problems....i mean if you think any highschool coach can control what teens do on the weekend or at night when they are sent home to THEIR Parents..i mean you must not spend alot of time around teens these days....yeah i guess every coach in the world is perfect except the coach at central...come on man get off the coaches back...he can't be mom and dad....this type of stuff happens everyday in bigger cities...just now that it happened in BIG ETOWAH everyone blows it up...but move to a bigger city and see all the things going on and see how many of those folks place blame on a high school football coach...

i heard that the football teams grades are higher than they have been in the past 5-10 years but i am sure some of you do not want to talk about that...cause that would mean that someone is doing something good at central..

The reason Rich would not put up with it is because he was the one that was out of control at times. Come on man, do you now what its like trying to keep up with all these kids. I dare say that most of us have things that we do wrong in our on lives that we could use a good whoopin for or our own children. This kinda crap has been going on at Central for twenty years or so, it has nothing to do with discipline. If this was the case then all the college coaches in the land along with many high school coaches have no discipline.

Every team has a kid that has to be dealt with whether the player or their parents causing problems. I challenge you OldChargerfan to go sit down with Coach Derrick and give him so pointers to help him better control this situation. I know he would welcome the advice. We all want to see the kids succeed with no problems, but in this day and age with all the political bull that one has to endure it is hard.

From what I have heard him saying on the sidelines and his comments on the radio he is not open to anyone's advice. He really likes himself in fact his ego is huge. If he would only spend more time talking to his team about their behavior off the field as he does telling them and everyone else how good they are. As for coaches out of control there is nothing wrong with a coach pitching a fit and giving the kids a good browe beating but how many could take it? I would say all our superstars would hit the door if a coach went after them when they made a mistake and made them walk the line. Its funny how you keep referring to other schools when talking about discipline. Lets not judge ourselves with other programs, lets take a stand and make our program the way it should be. Saying its been this way for this long does that mean we should continue to accept it just beacause we are winning. A kid will respect you if you make them mind, if you don't make them mind they will not respect anyone!

Its called DISCIPLINE. A player does not just represent your school and program just on game day but in every aspect of their lives that is what extra curricular activities are for. Remember that these programs are a privilege not a right, and should be used for leverage. That is why I say any coach should be held accountable.

The shooting was pointed toward the whole school. So i guess its coach derricks fault for that too?.....its kinda funny how ppl who dont like central get one little problem and come on here and blow it up like a football player killed someone and the say its coach derricks fault. Coach D had nothing to do with this problem this was not even related to school when it happend. And your gonna say coach d should have discipline over his players and they have respect. Well i'm sure all the players for every sports activity in the world never get in trouble from little league all the way to pro right? If those kids didnt respect coach d they probably wouldnt be on the team i'm pretty sure. So please stop gettin on here and bashing coach d when he didnt have anything to do with the problem.

Discipline, along with respect, starts at home and should be learned between the ages of one and five. When a child starts school, they are there to get an education. Too many parents these days think it's cute when their child acts poorly. They don't teach them to be disciplined or to respect others and then expect the school system to work some kind of miracle on them. First they blame the teachers for picking on poor little Johnny and then, when he plays sports, it's the coaches fault that he isn't disciplined and respectful. A high school football coach shouldn't be expected to completely fix an attitude problem in four years that parents have been incouraging since birth. This is not just a problem at Central; it's everywhere!

Back to the game...

After thinking about it for a while, I feel pretty confident that Central will win this game. Good Luck!

"THE PROUDEST SCHOOL IN THE STATE OF TENNESSEE"

We are the Proudest school in the state... We have problems just like every other school . There's not another school in this State or any other State that can say they don't have problems.... Old Charger fan you must have had your head in the sand between the years of 1974- 1985. Check your History . Coach Rich had his problems just not as much media coverage.. There's no one as BLUE BLOODED as I am. Lets get back to the topic.. Polk 21- Central 28

Discipline, along with respect, starts at home and should be learned between the ages of one and five. When a child starts school, they are there to get an education. Too many parents these days think it's cute when their child acts poorly. They don't teach them to be disciplined or to respect others and then expect the school system to work some kind of miracle on them. First they blame the teachers for picking on poor little Johnny and then, when he plays sports, it's the coaches fault that he isn't disciplined and respectful. A high school football coach shouldn't be expected to completely fix an attitude problem in four years that parents have been incouraging since birth. This is not just a problem at Central; it's everywhere!

Back to the game...

After thinking about it for a while, I feel pretty confident that Central will win this game. Good Luck!

great post red white and blue..i agree with you discipline starts at home and that is what i was thinking...everyone wants to talk about the great coach rich and the coaches in the past...i can assure you that when they coached the parents in that time had alot more control of their kids...they were great coaches and they were hard on players...but those players had alot of discipline at home cause back then everyone didn't have cell phones and xbox...they were either working or playing a sport...time has changed alot since those days....if you don't believe me call MT. View and ask coach rich how much it has changed....i bet he has more discipline problems at MVS than he did on his football teams.........lets stop comparing coaches in today's world with the past.....times have changed