Official Mr. Football Thread: 1A, 2A, 3A

CoachT

Once again you can't just say you would pick Marco to start over Jordon, thats two different postions. As stated before Jordon plays both sides of the ball, that alot of effort for one young man. I don't know Marco, if he plays on both sides of the ball or not. Alot of times QBs don't, so they get a breather. By not seeing both play first hand I can't say which of the two should win, but I have seen Chad play each week, and I know how hard he has worked and that he is very deserving of this award.

Josh Blake plays both ways and is the teams 2nd leading tackler. Josh has 1661 passing yards and 829 rushing yards leads the state in total yards with 2490 and leads the state in TDs with 34. I have not seen Chad Jordan play and I have only seen Marco play at a 7 on 7 camp at MTSU. At the 7 on 7 camp Grace played Mt Plesant two times and Grace won both times 4 to 1 and 3 to 1.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carr from Mckenzie should be in the discussion. The award is for the best player in class one a football, not who has the best stats. I have seen Jordan and dailey play. They are great players but are not as good as Carr. His stats may not jump out at you but he doesn't have to do much to win football games. He is 100-185 passing with 1648 yards and 16 passing touchdowns and 5 ints. He also has 42 rushes for 314 yards and 10 touchdowns. In a game vs. Bruceton and the great chad jordan, Jordan had 23 carries for 65 yards and no touchdowns while carr was 8 for 10 passing for 176 yards and a touchdown with no ints and 8 carries for 86 yards. If mckenzie plays well in the playoffs he will end up passing for well over 2000 yards, possibly will end up leading west tenn in passing yards.... Unlike Jordan who gets 30 to 40 carries a game vs. west carroll, south fulton, lake county, gleason, Fayette Academy and greenfield. Carr was standing on the side lines cheering on his teamates in the second half of most of these games. Now i know people will post that he played in the fourth qt. vs gleason and greenfield but i assure it wasnt much and mckenzie didnt pass the ball more than six times in the second half of these games. Anyways just a thought. I know that all of these kids are great players and will go on to many future successes in football and life.

Well lets review.

Last years three finalists were Marco Dailey (Mt. Pleasant), Chad Jordan (Bruceton), and Seth Skogen (Temple)(Yes that Temple before you do a double take).

Regardless of how you feel about all of this and blah blah blah, it is safe to say that Marco Dailey and Chad Jordan will both get a nod as Canidates. Seth Skogen graduated and is currently playing at Furman.

Who gets Skogens spot? Even if you feel in the pit of your heart and soul that Marco and Chad should not be finalists for whatever reason, I think that if you look at it logically you have to conclude that those two will both be finalists.

There are so many star players on well known teams that are doing good... who gets the other nod? I can't wait till they announce the finalists just because I am really curious to hear who the third one is...

Last year should have no bearing on this years mr football award. I believe that most people who have seen jordan and carr play would agree that carr is the better player. As i said before the award should go to the best player in class one a football. Stats can be very misleading. I honestly believe that any tail back in region 7 on a team with a winning record would rush for over 2,000 yards on the number of carries that jordan has. I really hope that the sports writers pick the best players for the award and not who has the best stats.

Well, even if stats shouldn't matter, it's hard to argue with Marco's tonight against McEwen. 23 carries for 325 yards (14 ypc) and 3 touchdowns.

Now if you want to argue about stats, Chad Jordan rushed 42 times for 330 yards and 5 touchdowns. These guys are giving it there all for their team. I congratulate both of them. Both of these kids are doing everything they can to stay in the hunt. I hope both see each other again at the Mr. Football Awards. Every one knows how great the value of these too players are to their respective teams.

Jordan vs Dailey

Jordan 329 carries, 2397 yards, 28 TD, 7.2 yds per carry

Dailey 196 carries, 1961 yards, 25 TD, 10.0 yds per carry

only 436 yards difference

Jordan now has 2,727 and 33 TDs. He rushed for 330 yards and 5 TDs in a win over Manasas in the 1st round playoffs. I dont know what Dailey's stats are but Jordan is hard to handle.