Dyer Co. vs Dyersburg

Choctaw08

You must not be from around ChoctawLand. B.A.'s Grandfather and Dad were a big part of the State Championship team in '73-74 season. His Grand father was coach, and his dad was star qb.

ALRIGHT ! ALREADY ! It's time for this thread to move on in the direction that it was first headed. First of all I can assure you that all you would have to to is ask around to find out who Ab Davis is. Secondly & most importantly, any success that I had was a DIRECT result of being coached most of my life by Ab Davis. Who by the way has probably forgotten MORE about the game of football than MOST on here will ever HOPE to know !Additionally, that success was a result of EVERY SINGLE CHOCTAW FOOTBALL PLAYER on the teams during my high school years (as well as some before).You see we ALL pushed EACH OTHER to be BETTER ! Ask Trojans Assistant Coach Newsome about this ! You see, today is no different than 1973 in the aspect of TEAM & UNITY ! THIS GAME COMING UP IS NOT ABOUT # 33 & his "legacy" ! No more than it is about Miller's , Clark's, Oliver's, King's, Rose's or Murray's (King,Oliver, Rose & Murray are second generation Choctaws there may be others) Taylor's, Caldwell's, Parker's or any other Trojan that is playing now as well. However this game IS about Pride. I hope that both teams can play this game the way that it was intended. A game of this MAGNITUDE has no room for senseless penaltiess from letting emotions get out of hand. Truth be told it is a rivalry, but in this given situation (for both teams) it would be best treated & played as "anothter game". I DON'T see this as a possibility. But best you Choctaws AND Trojans play clean , smart HARD HITTING football & let your actions speak rather than the smash mouth B.S. There's way too much at stake for both teams as we approach week 10 after the final whistle blows (not to mention upcoming playoff games). We as fans should put a stop to our bantering back & forth & HOPE that the damage isn't already done. Support Your Trojans, I'll support my Choctaws. But as for "Legacies" or legends or memories, the one's that matter this Friday night are the one's to be created by the Choctaws & Trojans that take the field on THIS Friday night !

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

As far as having more weapons, you are probably right. I would feel a lot better about this game if Coach Counce was still here. He knows the rivalry between these two teams and knows what buttons to push and when to push them. I would like to think that Coach Counce would have left Rashad at Quarterback and not have messed with a good thing. Not saying they are not doing good, but I think they would be a much more dangerous team with Rashad running the show. He just puts a lot more pressure on a defense if he touches the ball on every single offensive play. Its hard for me to understand why they changed quarterbacks any way. Any way GO TROJANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SLAY THEM CHOCTAWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

He would atleast get an education which is somethin you have obviously missed out on. I believe its scHool not scool. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If you think that Dyersburg has a better education you should check out the state department of education website and check out the test scores and tell me who has the better education..especially this year!!! DOES THE WORD TARGET LIST MEAN ANYTHING TO YOU!

C'mon Fellas-- Stop the Madness!!! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> This needs to stay all about the X's and O's of the situation /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Bottom line is the "BETTER Team" will be the one who will taste victory there on Friday night..

Is it Black & Gold, Is it Orange , NOBODY but the "SHADOW' knows /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Word has it from a reliable source that if ya get there after 5:00-- you may not get a seat..

DHS/DCHS!! Getcha Popcorn Ready!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I would like to think that Coach Counce would have left Rashad at Quarterback and not have messed with a good thing. Not saying they are not doing good, but I think they would be a much more dangerous team with Rashad running the show. He just puts a lot more pressure on a defense if he touches the ball on every single offensive play. Its hard for me to understand why they changed quarterbacks any way. Any way GO TROJANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SLAY THEM CHOCTAWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Moving Rashad from QB to a slot back was not a demotion. Logan Parker at 6'3" came in as a proven player (all-region QB at Obion Central as a sophomore). Ever since he got the doctor's ok to play with the fractured thumb on his throwing hand, he's proven to be a huge asset to the offensive scheme, even though he's been wearing that cumbersome looking brace every game. He hasn't thrown a lot, but his leadership abilities, decision making process, along with deceptive speed and prestidigitation, which keeps everybody guessing where the ball is, have made the Trojans significantly better and more dangerous than they were last year. What's exciting is that Parker came in reputed to be a strong-armed passer, yet because of his preseason injury has relied on his legs and smarts, and less on his arm thus far in the season. It's my understanding that he goes back to the doctor this week or next, and is likely to be able to remove the hand brace, which should allow him to pass much more frequently with more confidence and velousity the latter part of the season and throughout the playoffs. The first game he was allowed to play this season following the pre-season setback was the Haywood game. He only saw about 2 quarters of action. The fact that he played so little, as did Tyler Caldwell, who re-aggrivated an ankle injury the first play from scrimmage and was ineffective the few times he carried the ball, had to be a sign that brighter days were ahead when both guys become 100 percent. As much as I like Taylor, and his unselfish, team, winner's attitude, I like Parker as well. The fact is when you have two atheletes vying for one position, both of whom are being courted to move it up to the next level after high school, you do what makes the most sense, and that's finding a place where both have a chance to be the most effective. Having Parker, Taylor, Caldwell and now Bobby Ellis in the same backfield is almost like having an all-star backfield of the best players for DHS in the past 5 or 10 years all together in one unit. I can promise you they are a nightmare for the opposition to try and contain. The KEY is, you can't KEY on any of them, because all of them will hurt you quickly!

C'mon Fellas-- Stop the Madness!!! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> This needs to stay all about the X's and O's of the situation /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Bottom line is the "BETTER Team" will be the one who will taste victory there on Friday night..

Is it Black & Gold, Is it Orange , NOBODY but the "SHADOW' knows /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Word has it from a reliable source that if ya get there after 5:00-- you may not get a seat..

DHS/DCHS!! Getcha Popcorn Ready!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

gates dont open till six.

If the Choctaws can keep the running backs out of the endzone in the first quarter, this game is going to get interesting. The no huddle is going to test the Trojans. They better be in shape, because the other teams that have faced the no huddle, the whole game, have ran out of gas. The Choctaws are nothing like they were last year, they are Focused, Determined, and in Shape. In my opinion the Choctaws have as many weapons as the Trojans. I can't believe the Trojans elected to make this game Home-Coming, it just puts more pressure on the team. The Home-Coming festivities could be a positive for the Choctaws. This could be very distrackting to the Trojans. I'm sure the scores of the opponent's games that each team has played, is playing on the minds of the Trojans. It just gives the Trojans & the fans something to ponder about. The Choctaws are the Underdog in this one, but that is ok, we are use to it. This is the game we get TOTAL respect from the football community, win or lose. Remember Choctaws FOCUSE, and BE AGGRESSIVE , ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK. " GO BIG ORANGE".

NO ONE IN the TROJANS camp has Any Need to COMPARE scores of teams they both have played as it means .>> NOTHING!! Im sure the Trojans will overcome the no huddle DC runs this year, altho its a different "O"than anyone has shown them this year. Coach Wes will have an answer to the no huddle . Homecoming does tend to play a big part with opposing team not being Focused on enough, You can rest assured DHS Did Not Elect to play DC on Homecoming AFTER the year started. The SCHEDULE had already been set LAST YEAR. TO those who want to speak about Counce and him not playing Parker== If he were still at DHS neither would Bowling or Parker, and yes he is greatly missed but chose to quit coaching due to family illness . Im positive if Parker were on the Trojans and Counce was still here he would take advantage of both Parker and Taylor in the same aspect as Bowling and staff have chosen ! Why waste the Talent of both players if its there to use. The "O" DHS runs is Bowlings that has produced great results tho the Trojans have yet to jell as expected from pre-season hype. There is NOT an Underdog this year with DC playing as well as they have= WAY TO GO CHOCTAWS !! LISTEN UP TROJANS, CHOCTAWS PLAY A CLEAN INJURY FREE GAME AS THE REMAINDER OF YEAR IS STILL AHEAD ==BOTH teams need to be at full strenght during the playoffs!! RESPECT FOR ONE ANOTHER, DESIRE, HEART, DETERMATION, FOUCED . YOU MAY PURCHASE TICKETS EARLY AT MANNERS MEN SHOP. GATES OPEN AT 6PM. BE THERE EARLY !! GO TROJANS !! GO CHOCTAWS!!

Now that all of the cheap talk is out of the way, /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" let's talk about what does matter about this game. All games up until this point mean nothing at all about what this game will bring. Both teams have shown their abilities with respective schedules and they have both been successful. The name calling, mud slinging should be kept on this forum only. When it is game time on Friday, respect is owed to both teams and should be shown once we all gather at JC Sawyer Stadium. This is where everyone has an opportunity to show "class". The thing that is being overlooked by many is the fact that we have 2 well achieving programs ( Dyersburg ranked #2 and DC ranked #6) that are both within the same county / community and we should all be proud to make that claim. I am DC all they way and DC has never been well recieved from certain individuals in Dyersburg. This is nothing new and we have all grown accustomed to it. Maybe that is why you have some DC fans that are reluctant to support some of the Dyersburg programs. For any adult to promote that you have any one set of kids that are better than the other, as human beings is rediculous. Put the past in the past and be at the game, support your team and at the end of the night be proud that we have a community that has the opportunity to share success in this TSSAA sporting event. Remember, this is only one of several sports that are participated by both teams and we both have our successes. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

As far as having more weapons, you are probably right. I would feel a lot better about this game if Coach Counce was still here. He knows the rivalry between these two teams and knows what buttons to push and when to push them. I would like to think that Coach Counce would have left Rashad at Quarterback and not have messed with a good thing. Not saying they are not doing good, but I think they would be a much more dangerous team with Rashad running the show. He just puts a lot more pressure on a defense if he touches the ball on every single offensive play. Its hard for me to understand why they changed quarterbacks any way. Any way GO TROJANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SLAY THEM CHOCTAWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

ure not to bright!!!!! look at the counce teams of 12 years and show me an o that scored a season average like bowlings o,,,,, sounds like your not very bright, my daughter was at dhs when counce went to the semi's to play pearl cohn, that team was loaded yet they didn't have the points per game that bowling has been putting up, the best thing you could do if you dont like bowling or his choice is to set on dc side WITH rest of them, i have called several trojan games over the years and never had a doubt who had the ball and in this o you cant tell,,, parker is just now suppose to be back he came back early and is just getting healthy but rashad ask coach bowling to go to wing if it would better the team and it has, Rashad is a much larger man than U and he wants whats best for the team, he wants to play d-fence as well and the starting qb dont play d at dyersburg.... so get over the qb position, and who caries the ball as long as the trojans are winning it dont mater who is getting the yards weather its vick,click,bobby,rashad,Logan,or ALL STATE TYLER CALDWELL. football is a team sport and to win you have to play as 1. thats why dyersburg hasn't got 2 state champions already to many selfish people like YOU....