Dyer Co. vs Dyersburg

Choctaw08

Well, we can all sit here and write our predictions on what will or will not happen Friday night. I chose to write my opinions this week and even gave a prediction on, in my opninon, which team will win.

But there is a bigger picture to consider.

The Choctaws and Trojans are two very solid football teams and most everyone is proud of the success both have attained this season, except for a certain few.

To all Choctaw fans, on behalf of the Dyersburg follwers, Trojan56 has left us with a bad taste in our mouthes. Talking positive is the mature way to address the game, which leaves me to believe the person is either a kid or someone just looking to fire up the Orange and White. In either case, please don't hold it against Dyersburg fans for his posts.

Dyer County is on a roll and the game with Dyersburg will be a war, I guarantee it. To be honest, several weeks back I believed it would be just another day at the office for the Black and Gold, but I can say I was mistaken.

I have watched young men like B.A. Davis and Adam Clark since they were kids playing baseball with my own son, and the heart the two show each and every Friday is to be commended. I respect them both along with the rest of the Choctaw squad for what they achieved already this season, and look forward to what will hopefully be a splendid playoff run as well, but in my opinion Dyersburg has too many weapons.

Thats all it is, my opinion, but the game will be won or lost on the field and not on this website.

Good luck to both teams as they continue to reach for the stars, and a region championship.

I appreciate the "POSITIVE" comments as will many Choctaw fans that lurk about her ! I also realize that trojanfan56's posts DO NOT reflect the feelings and certainly not the character of the Trojan Fanbase. All in all we as residents of Dyersburg / Dyer County should be beside ourselves with pride for the accomplishmants of these two teams & what they have accomplished this year. I dare say that there is not a County / City school situation anywhere in the State that wouldn't love to have the "EVENT" coming up that we have ! The Trojans have been doing what most everybody expected them to this year & having to live up to the pressure put on them with all the expectations from early on (and then doing it)speaks volume for the program & the players. By the same token, having been picked near the "cellar" & accomplishing to date what they have, speaks volume for the Choctaw program & the players as well. I think that we will ALL be in for everything that we expect this game to be ! I won't make any predictions, as I have not done so all year (wouldn't want to change my luck!) BUT in just afew days we'll KNOW & regardless of the out come WE SHOULD ALL BE PROUD OF BOTH THESE TEAMS ! This game is gonna be one for the history books so far as Dyersburg / Dyer County is concerned ! I think we should put toghther some kind of time capsule or something for this one !

GOOO CHOCTAWS ............... STAY THE COURSE & DO NOT WAVER !

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, for one, Dyersburg is a better team physically and speed wise. Dyer County does have alot of heart, and YES I have seen them play in a game. It will be close early, BUT if Dyersburg plays like they can when they need to - it could get ugly. As for the kid from DC, and his speed- it doesn't matter. The game will be decided on the field, and if the kid runs a 4.3, OKAY, but that won't decide the game. Remember DC, one player can't win a game . . . it takes a TEAM! And as the homecoming theme states . . . "SLAY THE CHOCTAWS" Go Trojans!

Yeah lets not argue speed. There is no way a kid on DC runs 4.3, definetly not 4.31. people don't seem do understand how fast that really is. The fastest kids in this county play for Dyersburg. And tell BA that if you can't catch it you can't hit it. I think he was on the field that past two years when Caldwell and Taylor made him look stupd. I don't remember him laying the wood on any of those boys. I do remember posting like 50 points both of the last two yeras. schemes mean nothing then either. Oh and Dyersburg has a LB that can hit also. A little guy that I think will be a little hyped and ready to hit somebody too.

All he has to do is catchem once though. Trust me! Ask the last half dozen players in about as many games that have benn ushhered off the field. I know for a fact that he's ushered off THREE QB'S. (RIPLEY, COVINGTON, CHESTER) Besides if he's carring the ball THEY have to catch him, and HE AIN'T A JUKER IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. I know Caldwell doesn't play D, But Taylor does.

Don't know if somebody has posted the weather forecast for Dyersburg this week....

Monday.....Rain 90%

Tuesday....Rain 60%

Wednesday....Rain 30%

Thursday......Partly Cloudy Hi-69.....Lo-46

And Friday Night......Mostly Clear Hi-70....Lo-46

If the field holds up with the water that will fall on it for three days you guys should be in for a great football weather nite....

Good Luck To Both Teams.......

My Prediction......Dyersburg-27

Dyer County-14

All he has to do is catchem once though. Trust me! Ask the last half dozen players in about as many games that have benn ushhered off the field. I know for a fact that he's ushered off THREE QB'S. (RIPLEY, COVINGTON, CHESTER) Besides if he's carring the ball THEY have to catch him, and HE AIN'T A JUKER IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. I know Caldwell doesn't play D, But Taylor does.

Yeah...Caldwell plays db as does Taylor...I THINK Newsome and Cameron Thomas and Click and Whitfield all play db...But I KNOW #21 is playing DB...Watched him do that...and speed..."MY LORD"...HE CAN OUTRUN A LONG DISTANCE PHONE CALL"!....He can go from 0-60 faster than some of these sports cars...DOESN"T TAKE HIM LONG TO GET THERE EITHER.....EXPLOSIVE "ain't the word".... IN THE OPEN FIELD HAS MORE MOVES THAN A PICKPOCKET". RUNS LIKE HE HAS BEEN SHOT OUT OF A CANNON....And he "ain't the only one from "The Burg" that CAN FLY....And that offense... WHEN IT IS CLICKING...IS SURE HARD TO FIND THE FOOTBALL....IT REALLY IS....GONNA BE A GOOD ONE.....

GO TROJANS

Last night, after reading a few crass claims, ridiculous predictions and downright boorish posts, I had almost decided to stay off the site. However after seeing a few classier ones today, I decided to make additional comments. I'm a Dyersburg fan and even had a son that played for the Trojans a few years ago, but I also have great respect and admiration for D.C. and the job their coaching staff and kids have done this season. It borders on remarkable, what the've acomplished. The post just ahead of mine suggested something like a 52-14 Dyerburg win is only wishful thinking...the myopia of youth! I haven't had the pleasure to see D.C. play this year. I HAVE, however listened to some of their games on the radio, seen their statistics, and paid close attention to the caliber of opponents they've beaten. If you can count on one thing it is that it will be every bit as tough as it was against Crockett County, and probably a lot tougher as the Choctaws come in 7-1 and are oozing with confidence. If I'm Dyersburg's coaching staff two things really concern me defensively...one is that D.C. will fill the air with footballs....the Trojans have been extremely suseptible to even fair passing games all year, let alone a really good one. D.C.'s throwing the ball 25 or 30 times a game and completing a big majority of their passes. Their receivers seem to have the ability not only to catch the football, but to turn seemingly short gains into long ones. They also throw to multiple receivers which is highly unusual for high school teams, especially when you do it as proficiently as they've been doing it in recent weeks. When Taylor and Caldwell are in the defensive secondary for DHS there's a lot of confidence that they can provide adequate coverage against the deep threat. But when one or both of them are on the sidelines catching a breather, things become a little dicier, as was the case when the Crockett receiver dropped one wide open in the endzone last Friday night, that could have easily turned the game around and probably taken it to the wire. The other major concern is when their big back gets the ball in the open field. I remember it taking multiple Trojans to tackle him last year. It will NOT be easy. Make no mistake about that. It will be a WAR! It wouldn't surprise me to see a 27-24 type game, either way. I know it's being predicted to be the biggest crowd ever to watch a fooball game in Dyersburg. It sure would be nice to have some temporary bleachers brought in, but the way J.C. Sawyer stadium is set up I don't know where you could put them except behind the goal posts, which probably wouldn't provide enough addtional seating to justify it. It should be a barn-burner so let's get there early! Come on Trojan and Choctaw fans, let's cheer hard for our favorite team, then shake hands and congratulate one another when it's all over...after all, we may very well be seeing each other again in week 13 of the state playoffs!!!!

Well, for one, Dyersburg is a better team physically and speed wise. Dyer County does have alot of heart, and YES I have seen them play in a game. It will be close early, BUT if Dyersburg plays like they can when they need to - it could get ugly. As for the kid from DC, and his speed- it doesn't matter. The game will be decided on the field, and if the kid runs a 4.3, OKAY, but that won't decide the game. Remember DC, one player can't win a game . . . it takes a TEAM! And as the homecoming theme states . . . "SLAY THE CHOCTAWS" Go Trojans!

This years Choctaws are the definition of T-E-A-M ! These young men have gone from a "One Dimensional" offense to touches & receptions by a multitude of players. Over the past three years it was an easy offense to defend. Basically stop # 5 & stop the Choctaws. Those days are now gone. I am not in any way taking anything from Andre. He was exciting to watch & I wish him nothing but the best @ Kent State. BUT when you even mention TEAM, you are talking Choctaws. They have exceeded almost everyone's expectations. I say almost simply because they BELIEVED IN THEMSELVES & BELIEVE me when I say that they STILL DO ! The offensive system that they run spreads not only the field, but the football as well. In recent past likely 90% of the touches went to one player. This year likely as not 90 % of those eligible to catch a pass or get their hands on the ball, DO sometime during the course of the game. So if you're thinkin' that D.C. has any "one man show" or that they lack UNITY, then I would have to respectfully disagree with you ! I have followed Choctaw football for decades & to find the UNITY & TEAM effort or attitude that this team posesses, you would have to go back decades. The Seniors have stepped up & become leaders by example. Save for one setback (Mcnairy Coounty) they have done whatever it took to win ! As far as McNairy County... they lost as a team ! If you want to see TEAM, count how many orange jerseys are around the ball on defense ! They swarm ! You are in the majority when you say that Dyersburg will win that's a fact, BUT ........... I for one ain't countin' this bunch out till the final whistle blows ! The Trojans have lived up to their expectations thus far, but the Choctaws don't care about undefeated or rankings in the media. But I wouldn't say to much to 'em about TEAM, cause the heart of a Choctaaw this year is 11 hearts on the field at a time beating to the same rythm. Rest assured no matter how this plays out on the field THEY HAVE PROVEN THEMSELVES TO BE THE DEFINITION OF T-E-A-M THIS YEAR !

Yes.. You guys are from "Football Royalty"....Nice to have spoken with you too....UNCLE is A DIE HARD.......That drive every weekend has GOT TO BE expensive...... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> HE IS CHOCTAW TO THE BONE....Anyway...BE THE FIRST TIME I WILL BE PULLING FOR THE TEAM NOT IN ORANGE AND WHITE.....After it is said and done...WE WILL ALL BE PULLING FOR BOTH TEAMS TO MAKE IT AS FAR AS THEY CAN IN THE PLAYOFFS.....Should be a classic....STILL CAN"T BELIEVE after all these years...DYERSBURG vs.DYER COUNTY for 1st place in the REGION....

And what makes this game SO MUCH interesting to us OLDER FANS....Every since the EARLY 70's when DC won their State Title...And Dyersburg had 2 SEC players in Edward Parrish and Jimmy Noonan....And the 74 team got beat in the State semi-finals by Vanderbilt and Mike Wright...21-0.....And the 76 team got beat by Rockwood 3-0 in OT....Dyersburg NO MATTER what the record ....And DC ....NO MATTER WHAT THE RECORD....Have always WANTED A PIECE OF EACH OTHER....FRIDAY night it is FOR ALL THE MARBLES.....Should be a BARNBURNER........

GO TROJANS!