FridayMainEvent

Game winner?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Game winner?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if both teams run, run, run, who does that favor?

Probably Cascade. Many thought it would last year, but jbs o line won the battle, but the o line is not like last years. You have number 63 at tackle this year, hence he is not pulling and making holes. The guards are quick but are small. It is going to be difficult for jbs to run the ball as well as last year. Our traps and quarterback mid-lines may not work as well without a big body hitting Cascade. Still our guards, though undersized, are tough.

Last year's game was so muddy because of the games played beforehand. Cascade's last two games on their field looked like they did because frost had already sat in and turned the Bermuda grass dormant. Once that happens it's basically dead. So, if you tear it up all you have is either dirt or mud. Their coach doesn't believe in ryegrass like most coaches do, otherwise it would still be green in November. This game should still have green grass to play on, especially after all the rain. Any coach that cuts their grass after next week could be making a mistake. Any Bermuda field needs to let it grow to at least 2-3 inches before it goes dormant so you don't have playoff games on cow pastures.

This is just my opinion so please dont take this as an attack on you or anything. I personally feel that talent is overated when determining who is the winner of a game. I feel that JBS was slightly more talented than WH-H but I still felt that Heritage mtached-up really well w/ them and had a really good chance of beating them. As far as Cascade goes from what I hear the talent level may be about even which probably cancels out talent all together and factors in other variables which will determine the game. I will say right now if 1 of the teams have multiple turn-overs that could very well cost them this game. I am not calling Cascade 1 dimensional but I know they are a run dominant team and I believe they will have to tap into the passing game a little more than they normally do b/c I dont see them continuously running the ball at JBS w/o mixing it up some. If they are unable to do this then I believe JBS will probably win the shoot-out. I know alot of people are saying this will be a low-scoring game but I believe there are going to be alot of points unless the field is really messy and niether team has good footing.

No offense taken all I was trying to say is that imo both teams talent wise are close to equal and that the mentality of the JB players coming off the first lose in almost three years will probably have as much to do with this game as anything. Sometimes I think we forget that we are talking about teenagers and their mindset can be very unpredictable.