Big East Conference Standings:

Bearden...................4-0

Dobyns-Bennett........3-1

Jefferson Co.............3-2

Campbell Co.............2-2

Sevier Co................2-3

Science Hill..............1-3

Karns......................0-4

Wow, the playoff situation was shaken up yet again by Campbell Co. with their 10-9 upset of Science Hill. With Campbell Co. holding a tiebreaker over Jefferson County, literally speaking they are the current #3 in the Big East while Dobyns-Bennett sits in the outright #2 spot. With Campbell Co. traveling to Kingsport this week to take on the Indians, this matchup suddenly has new life. Campbell Co. (4-4, 2-2) at Dobyns-Bennett (5-3, 3-1) will now be a matchup for 2nd place in the region.

What can we expect?

What does Campbell Co. bring to the table?

Should we expect a close game in Kingsport?

And many more questions...

Roll Tribe Roll

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a CC fan I hope we can continue this momentum against DB...We have a lot of respect for DB and Coach Wells will press that upon his players......You can expect not alot of passing from CC....we will try to establish the run....hopefully we can get some big plays on special teams...which we have seem to do all year.....We are not going up there to be competetive...we are gonna going to win the game!! Now you have to return the favor...what can we expect from DB /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I've got about 40 brothers that play on that team, after watching them last night i know they have a lot of heart i would put them up against any team and they would have a chance just because they do not give up or shut up and i can say proudly that im proud to be a Campbell County Cougar.....good win last night GO COUGARS!!!!!!!!!!

This game is the biggest for CC in a while,and DB must win to secure a chance for home field in the playoffs.Two great moves I seen the coaches at DB do last night.First on offense,{pass,pass,pass}.We didn't have to pass last night but did it for our future games.The QB looked great out there.We had some drop balls that would have helped.On defense,we were getting beat again in the box.We went to a four man and then made the smartest move of the year.We put 33 on one side and 18 on the other.That's a move that could save a playoff game drive.#18 is a senior that hits hard and shouldn't be on the sidelines in a war with the region 2 teams.By the way!!!! I heard a Region 2 radio cast say that they would be {Shocked if they didn't win all four games to start the playoffs against region 1} I couldn't believe they said that on the air.CC,have a safe trip up to Kingsport next week.I hope we have a new apple desert and hamburgers off the grill like Karns did last night.

I'm sorry CC fans but Indians are gonna continue there winning ways. I'd say it might be close in the first half but look for the Indians to pull away at home to secure there home field advantage in the playoffs. And as far as no region one teams winning in the first round, a young Indians team gave good scares to Oak Ridge and even William Blount, i think next time they will be more than just scares.

Roll Tribe, good luck to both teams.

I'm sorry CC fans but Indians are gonna continue there winning ways. I'd say it might be close in the first half but look for the Indians to pull away at home to secure there home field advantage in the playoffs. And as far as no region one teams winning in the first round, a young Indians team gave good scares to Oak Ridge and even William Blount, i think next time they will be more than just scares.

I hope your right,because a loss teamed with an JC upset ovr Bearden would put us in a elimanation game against SH.I hadn't looked at it in those terms until just a few minutes ago.

1 game at a time or the Gods of FB may strike DB down. DB wins over CC but it will be tougher than it may appear on paper.

As a CC fan I hope we can continue this momentum against DB...We have a lot of respect for DB and Coach Wells will press that upon his players......You can expect not alot of passing from CC....we will try to establish the run....hopefully we can get some big plays on special teams...which we have seem to do all year.....We are not going up there to be competetive...we are gonna going to win the game!! Now you have to return the favor...what can we expect from DB /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You can expect for DB to establish the run early, as we have in all our victories since the losing the "big three". However, since those loses we have continued to develop a consistent passing attack. If Campbell County is able to stop, contain, or slow down the run, look for the pass. The offensive line is worth mentioning, in our recent success they have been able to control the line of scrimmage. Sensabaugh (#32, FR), Sylvester (#2, JR), Lawson (#45, JR), and Taylor (#33, SR) are players to look for rushing the ball. Quaterbacking will be Ring (#7, SR) and can never count out Crawford (#10, JR) for a play or series, both of which can run themselves. At receiver look for Crawford (#10, JR) and Dukart (#24, SR), as well as Templeton (#9, JR). On defense, the whole team is worth mentioning, but a number of those mentioned above start on defense as well. Kilgore (#18, SR) at linebacker, Bateman (#65, JR) and Fleming (#66, JR) at defensive ends, Preston (#78, SR) at nose/defensive tackle, King (#14, SR) and Morrison (#22, SR) at corner, and Hogg (#15, SR) are others to note on the defense.

What does Campbell County bring to the table defensivley? I understand Science Hill has alot of talent, but since I didn't attend the game I don't know whether it was coaching that inhibited the offense or if it was an exceptional effort on Campbell County's defense that held down the Hilltoppers.

I wonder if we got the CC and SH game film ?I'd say we had at least a scout or two at the game.

I am pretty sure DB and CCHS traded film just like every team in the region does. After seeing both of these teams close up I would say DB has the edge. CCHS plays hard and doesnt lay down but DB has to many athletes in to many positions. Especially now that the freshaman is playing. Hope both teams play well. What scares me is a region 2-5A sweep in the first round of the playoffs. GO 1-5A