District 10A

irishfan1

McEwen is definetly not a "joke" this year.... the are probably not the best team in the district, and the district is somewhat down this year.... maybe you could argue that... but their is no doubt they can contend and beat anyone in the district on a given night... It really just depends on who shows up for the game... After Stokes gets back they will have three decent scorers in Ross, Stokes, and Brink... The rest of the team does a pretty good job being role players.... The only thing is they will have to play good all game to be in the running... They do not have much depth.... But I could very well see them finishing in the top 4 for sure... I assume that you went to the East Lit game, and decided after one game that they were a joke.... great analysis kid... Definetly not the best in the district, but also definetly not the worst.... I would say that the final season standings will be something like...

NCS

Jo Byrns

CA

McEwen

East Robertson

WHH

Houston Co

Teams from 3-7 could very well go in any position.... Really does make it intresting....

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To those of you putting Houston County at the bottom of the district, have you seen the boys play? I think you are in for a surprise! Yes, Sycamore beat them, but they overpowered MC, and Waverly didnt have a chance. Also, their JV has excellent players who have the talent to move up to varisty soon, and can make Houston County an even stronger team. They get better every game.

1. Clarksville Academy(i am a homer what can i say, but i am serious i think we got a shot)

2.Nashville Christian( havent seen but must be good cuz they are getting a lot of praise heard they have a really good transfer)

3. Jo Byrns( having players out for football may hurt them early)

4. East Robertson

5. Heritage

6. Mcewen

7. Houston County

If ya'll keep putting up 75-80 points a game ya'll will definitely have a shot at the winning the district(maybe even state). So far, I am extremely impressed by the athletes that are on this year's Clarksville Academy basketball team and if I were the other teams in the region I would watch out for them in the years to come.

On paper it looks like Clarksville Academy may be a little better, but putting up points against non tssaa private schools is not that impressive. Let's wait on the state tournament talk until you actually win against a tssaa school and beat someone in the district for a change. Jo Byrns and NCS look to be the class of the district. It looks as if 3-7 could be in any order and will probably be separated by only one game. Jo Byrns starts district play soon, and it will put them in a hole if the football team continues to win. Houston County has beaten two aa teams, so it is hard to believe that they will finish last.

Who does WH Heritage have this year?? There was one guy coming back that could score I know.

Ross Albright is returning as a junior. They played their first game against F.C. Boyd (won 69-42) last Tuesday and he threw up 33. He actually had a bad game? Don't let the rebuilding fool you. They are very strong on defense, big on the boards to despite their size and we'll run you to death with speed and accurate passing. Ross is a player to watch, went to two camps this summer and is already getting looks. He's 5'11" and can dunk! Another strong player is James Towsend, he put up 23, 3 point shooter and a nice touch in the paint. Joey McClung is their football quarterback that took them to play offs, smart, tough, role player and should fill out the field nicely. Look for Heritage to recapture their district title and advance in the play offs.

To those of you putting Houston County at the bottom of the district, have you seen the boys play? I think you are in for a surprise! Yes, Sycamore beat them, but they overpowered MC, and Waverly didnt have a chance. Also, their JV has excellent players who have the talent to move up to varisty soon, and can make Houston County an even stronger team. They get better every game.

HC did beat two AA teams which may finish at the bottom of there district. I pick HC to be in there top 4, However they need someone to help Dillard out. He cant do it all. They need a point gaurd that can handle the ball and get more players involved. What happened to the Moore kid that played PG for the middle school last year. I saw him play AAU this summer and he could definitely help them as a freshman. I hope they have another big man on the way becuase Spurgeon is a foul waiting to happen. You cant count on him being in the game at the end. I heard he fouled out in the MC game out past the three point line.

Ranked #1 in the state. I don't think so. I guess they won state too. Don't think so again. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The 02-03 team was better, but the 03-04 tean would have been but Jarrett Anderson was hurt most of the year. Frazier is the best scorer but i think David Anderson might be the better complete player.

HC did beat two AA teams which may finish at the bottom of there district. I pick HC to be in there top 4, However they need someone to help Dillard out. He cant do it all. They need a point gaurd that can handle the ball and get more players involved. What happened to the Moore kid that played PG for the middle school last year. I saw him play AAU this summer and he could definitely help them as a freshman. I hope they have another big man on the way becuase Spurgeon is a foul waiting to happen. You cant count on him being in the game at the end. I heard he fouled out in the MC game out past the three point line.

Moore transfered to Montgomery Central and is starting there...

Brian Clark hit six 3 pointers against Waverly, I think that was help enough, I know Ethan is a great ballplayer, but all of our starters are good, and are there to give 110%.

Trevor Moore went to Montgomery Central....

As for big men, we have em. Darius Skeleton, Tyler Monroe, Jonathan Roper, Jamie Brake, Andrew Plant..... and yes, 3 of the 4 are on the JV playing right now, as they are only freshman, but the Roper boy and the Monroe boy also played AAU this summer on the same team as Trevor Moore. Maybe you remember them too?

Brian Clark hit six 3 pointers against Waverly, I think that was help enough, I know Ethan is a great ballplayer, but all of our starters are good, and are there to give 110%.

Trevor Moore went to Montgomery Central....

As for big men, we have em. Darius Skeleton, Tyler Monroe, Jonathan Roper, Jamie Brake, Andrew Plant..... and yes, 3 of the 4 are on the JV playing right now, as they are only freshman, but the Roper boy and the Monroe boy also played AAU this summer on the same team as Trevor Moore. Maybe you remember them too?

where is this Skelton kid? I have not seen anything about him. I do think the Monroe kid can can play inside and even help this year when Spurgeon is out. I cant figure out why he is not getting to play. Why not use freshman if they can play?? Im not against you. I pick HC in the top four, however I here they have some major issues. I wish them well and hope they have a great year!!!

Is the skelton kid related to Brian Skelton, he was a great athlete for 1A ball... As far as best ncs team I would say the 02-03 team.... they were pretty darn good :skinner, d anderson, j anderson, pace.... I think pace was overlooked and a post matters in 1A, especially when you don't have one, and they really didn't have one the nest year...

Is the skelton kid related to Brian Skelton, he was a great athlete for 1A ball... As far as best ncs team I would say the 02-03 team.... they were pretty darn good :skinner, d anderson, j anderson, pace.... I think pace was overlooked and a post matters in 1A, especially when you don't have one, and they really didn't have one the nest year...

Yuor right Brian Skelton was really good. I dont think this other kid has ever played basketball before and cant play until after christmas, if then.I know he did not play in HC middle the past 5 years or so. The 02-03 team was really good.