Alcoa at Rockwood

Tornadofan15

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eagleflight needs to get shot out of the air, so VicksEscapedPup can chew on the carcass, unless it is the same person talking to himself.

you better watch it too. im sure u would hate to get thrown in tha pit with the EscapedPup. Vick couldnt handle me, im sure couldnt. i respect the coaches that give up there time to help those kids who aspire to be as good as me

Alcoa won big didn't they?

Provided Refs don't call a bunch of "block in the back" calls, the mercy rule will be in effect. Rankin won't let up as quickly as to make sure the boys are fine tuned for the playoffs. He has played a lot of young kids the last 5 weeks and has done a great job developing the 9th and 10th grade kids. Watch out!

There never was a horse that couldnt be rode and there never was a cowboy who coudnt be throwed! I think this game will be within 3 scores. I say Alcoa wins, but from what I have seen of Alcoa this year I say they wont repeat as state champs. They dont have an explosive receiver to keep defenses from stacking the line and when they play some of the middle TN teams, semi's and championship game, they are going to have to double block some DT's which will let some LB's hunt.

I believe Alcoa wins this one and at least the first 2 rounds of playoffs, after that it is a toss up when they will be beat, but I will go out on a limb and say there is not a state title this year coming to blount co in 2A!

Yeah we don't have a good reciever that can change games. rockwood and other teams, don't worry about number 3. Just put Sam Thompson in single coverage. He hasn't made any big catches. I hope other teams think the way you have, alhtough you are entitled to your thoughts as well. Thompson can make the cathces, and that Qb by the name of Cobb, rumor is he is good. I believe that Cobb hasn't shown all he has yet. He is a game changer. If a play needed to be made I would feel comfortable giving the job to him. Alcoa rolls this week and they keep preparing for the playoffs.

There never was a horse that couldnt be rode and there never was a cowboy who coudnt be throwed! I think this game will be within 3 scores. I say Alcoa wins, but from what I have seen of Alcoa this year I say they wont repeat as state champs. They dont have an explosive receiver to keep defenses from stacking the line and when they play some of the middle TN teams, semi's and championship game, they are going to have to double block some DT's which will let some LB's hunt.

I believe Alcoa wins this one and at least the first 2 rounds of playoffs, after that it is a toss up when they will be beat, but I will go out on a limb and say there is not a state title this year coming to blount co in 2A!

Yeah, Alcoa is really down this year. they are only winning 2A games this season by an average of 45 -12, and this is with a running clock and rankin putting in the 2nd teams in the 3rd qrt of most games. And they were only beating white house 41-0 at halftime and spring hill 21-0 at halftime. Wow, you must really stink when youre only loss comes the 10th ranked team in the country who has won 50 something in a row. As for Alcoa having no receiver. Hmmm I think i saw where Sam Thompson is averaging over 40 ypc with 5 td catches of 40 yards or better. Sam youre going to have to get a little better. Also, who needs to throw the ball all over the field when you have three people running the ball and averaging 9 ypc or better. Soph rb Toney-609 yds, 12.2 ypc, 6 tds- hodge 495 yds, 9.2 ypc, 12 tds- cobb 374 yds, 10.1 ypc, 6tds. they also have a freshman FB tyson at 220 pounds with 6.8 ypc and four tds. In additon cobb is completing 60 percent of his passes with 9 tds to only 2 picks. So when they throw the ball they are very effecient, which is what wins football games. Be effecient and dont turn the ball over. Sweetwater has a wr on their team that is better than any wr on alcoas roster but what does it matter if he can run a 4.4 and jump over everyone if you cant be effecient in getting him the ball. News flash people, you dont have to be D-1 to win state championships. Alcoa is a great team and is growing up fast. You have to remember that alcoa only has 5 seniors out of 75 players that ever really play. Those young guys have really started to figure things out and are peaking at the right time. As for no championship coming out of blount county. You better show me a team that can be maryville on the field. They have not lost in 50 some odd games so until a teams proves they can beat them, they are the best. Win it again maryville and show just because youre not winning by 40 every single game doesnt mean you arent a good team. Last time i checked it only takes 1 more poing than the other team to win a game and so far maryville has done that every game and alcoa all but one.

Yeah, Alcoa is really down this year. they are only winning 2A games this season by an average of 45 -12, and this is with a running clock and rankin putting in the 2nd teams in the 3rd qrt of most games. And they were only beating white house 41-0 at halftime and spring hill 21-0 at halftime. Wow, you must really stink when youre only loss comes the 10th ranked team in the country who has won 50 something in a row. As for Alcoa having no receiver. Hmmm I think i saw where Sam Thompson is averaging over 40 ypc with 5 td catches of 40 yards or better. Sam youre going to have to get a little better. Also, who needs to throw the ball all over the field when you have three people running the ball and averaging 9 ypc or better. Soph rb Toney-609 yds, 12.2 ypc, 6 tds- hodge 495 yds, 9.2 ypc, 12 tds- cobb 374 yds, 10.1 ypc, 6tds. they also have a freshman FB tyson at 220 pounds with 6.8 ypc and four tds. In additon cobb is completing 60 percent of his passes with 9 tds to only 2 picks. So when they throw the ball they are very effecient, which is what wins football games. Be effecient and dont turn the ball over. Sweetwater has a wr on their team that is better than any wr on alcoas roster but what does it matter if he can run a 4.4 and jump over everyone if you cant be effecient in getting him the ball. News flash people, you dont have to be D-1 to win state championships. Alcoa is a great team and is growing up fast. You have to remember that alcoa only has 5 seniors out of 75 players that ever really play. Those young guys have really started to figure things out and are peaking at the right time. As for no championship coming out of blount county. You better show me a team that can be maryville on the field. They have not lost in 50 some odd games so until a teams proves they can beat them, they are the best. Win it again maryville and show just because youre not winning by 40 every single game doesnt mean you arent a good team. Last time i checked it only takes 1 more poing than the other team to win a game and so far maryville has done that every game and alcoa all but one.

yea...... what he said

ok?

Just a few names you might have forgot

Jalik Toney

Jaron Toney

Tyler Robinson

Sam THompson

Calm down fellows, The eagle is only trying to get everyone stirred up for the game friday night. I have all the respect in the world for our coaches. Most of the time they do a really good job calling the games. I still stand by my statement that we dont have a rankin but we have good coaches. Just trying to get the boys and fans stirred up!!!!!!!!!LET'S MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!!!!!!! Good to see you back pup. I see you really did escape. I thought vick finally caught you!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!