5-A Region 1 playoff picks

FTBMAN

With the conference headed toward the end of a strange year, which teams are locks to get into the playoffs and which teams will have to fight their way in? In a year where upsets throughout the conference has been constant and the traditional powers don't always win, the playoff picture still looks rather cloudy. Any imput?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's looking like

1 Bearden

2 D-B

3 Campbell County (if they beat karns)

4 Jefferson County

I believe those will be the final standings. Bearden beats Sevier Co. Friday night and they lock up #1 and DB has one loss (dont think they will lose again). The thing I dont want is for Region 2-5A to sweep us out of the playoffs in the first round. Looks like it will be Oak Ridge, Farragut, Billy Blount and the owls in some kind of order (Farragut controls their own destiny i think). so does OR, Farragut, WB, Owls look better than Campbell Co, Jeff Co, DB and Bearden???

I see Region 1-5A finishing out as follows:

#1 - Bearden

#2 - Dobyns-Bennett

#3 - Campbell Co.

#4 - Jefferson Co.

I see Region 1-5A finishing out as follows:

#1 - Farragut

#2 - William Blount

#3 - Oak Ridge (with a win over Ooltewah and a loss to Farragut, William Blount holds tiebreaker over OR)

#4 - Ooltewah (with a loss to Oak Ridge, and a win over Soddy Daisy)

The #3 and #4 is decided by the Oak Ridge v Ooltewah winner this week and the Oak Ridge v Farragut game in the final week.

Thus, first round playoff situations look like:

#4R2 Ooltewah/Oak Ridge @ #1R1 Bearden

#3R1 Campbell Co. @ #2R2 William Blount

#4R1 Jefferson Co. @ #1R2 Farragut

#3R2 Oak Ridge/Ooltewah @ #2R1 Dobyns-Bennett

Jefferson Co at William Blount, boy that would bea fun week leading up to the game, and a role reversal of 2003

I have to agree with your earlier and current statements. Some Region 1 teams match up well against Region 2 teams, while others dont. I think Dobyns Bennett showed they can play with Region 2 by playing William Blount and Oak Ridge earlier in the year. I would personally count Jefferson County in any game, whomever they match up against, as long as they can slow down the run. Region 2 seems to have great running backs. Campbell County doesn't match up well against any Region 2 potential playoff team. They simply cant beat those teams by only being one dimensional on offense and seeing as their playoff game wont be in Jacksboro, their done. Bearden looks pretty good to contend in the first round, they stood toe to toe with Farragut in the regular season so that makes me give them credit. I think Region 1 can compete only if Region 1 defenses can slow down the run. They do that they can stay within striking distance against any Region 2 team. We'll have to wait and see how Region 2 unfolds though, its somewhat less perdictable in these last 2 weeks than Region 1 with Oak Ridge @ Ooltewah and Farragut @ Oak Ridge.