Oakland vs. Siegel

Bacillum

I couldn't post anything more than a congrats last night b/c I had company over to watch the Riverdale/ Smyrna game.

Thoughts on the game:

Siegel has a very good team with a ton of athletes. Obviously that great group of freshmen from 2 yrs ago is taking charge. They played with emotion and seemed to have a different attitude this yr.....that they believed they could play with anyone. Props to them and I hope they do well. As for the support, siegelgrad is exactly right. I am pretty sure I know who he is....and he did support the teams of Siegel in their worst of times. He was the onw that could always be counted on to post and to support all sports. There is no nation anymore. It is sad that they were so outdone by OHS's O-zones. I loved the shirts by the way. hahahaha....terrorism. I also liked the message on the painted chests. You guys are very imaginative.GREAT fun. Out students have been wonderful this yr and I know they are going to come out full force in bball. I did appreciate the kind words for Messick. That was great. Also great to see Rick Butler doing well.

What I didn't like.....all the Starshack announcements. Shut up already Salty. It was bad enough having to hear him carry on at the OHS games over the yrs but he has gotten worse since he went to Siegel. Too much blah blah blah instead of play by play. But that is Salty for you. I am glad he is retiring so I don't have to hear him anymore. I also didn't like how #6 was acting......taunting. With the wrong refs, he is going to get flagged. But that's me, I don't like that stuff no matter who does it.... us or anyone else. #6 seems to be playing for his own glory. I also thought it pretty sorry to be up with 36 pts and going for an onside kick. I thought he should have put McCann in sooner than 1:02 left in the game. The kid is a sr and sat out his yr. Give him some playing time.

As for Oakland, I said it last week, we looked out of shape. At least I hope it is lack of conditioning instead of not caring on the field. We needed #9 really badly . Hated he had to go out and hope he will be back for next week. We made some crucial mistakes at bad times. We have got to get control of that jumping on D and giving them first downs out of it. That can be fixed. We have done it the last 3 weeks in a row. Watch the ball guys! We have got to get drives going and finish them! Period. Precious made some nice runs and I was really proud of him last night. You can always count on Guyden to make a great catch for a TD too!! But we have got to get the O going sooner than the 3rd Q in games. Nelson made some great catches too. Elrod and Barrett....some good plays from you two. We made some nice licks for sure. Our return teams need some more work. Glad to see two blocked extra points and Elrod almost blocked a punt. We need some work on our return coverage b/c we give everyone such good field position.

Lick your wounds and come back strong against Blackman. We need to go out with a win .

The biggest difference I saw was that Siegel played with confidence and OHS didn't.

Geez, forgot to mention Bass and McGowan, both had multiple tackles in the game and never let up. Great job, guys!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

limb broke...stars bright /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Congratulations Siegel!! Dang them tree limbs.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Yeah I can really tell most the hot heads that care graduated by the lack of fan support shown by the students. I don't think any of US hot heads were like davidbaxter, we were just loyal die hard fans that no matter what the record attended EVERY game. I did not miss a game all last year and havent been to one this season, but boy its pathetic what you guys do with such a great football team. Wish we has something so great to cheer for. Id do anything to be in your shoes. No one cheered or tailgated like the class of 06 and 07. But as for the game, Pico Nance gets my game ball on offense. He came out ready to run and he ran hard all night, except for when we got winded and was vomiting on the sidelines, but he reentered after that. As for defense, Montori "The Pain Train" Hughes gets the game ball. He is a player. He was in on almost every play and made a couple tremendous plays on the quarterback. He is fun to watch. As for Oakland, bright spots are your qb will mature and turn into quite the player, he already is solid for being so young. Precious is a stud. He is a tremendous talent and your o line was not very impressive but he made plays anyways. Oaklands fans> Siegels fans. Its really pathetic what the all mighty siegel student section has turned into. The O Zone was looking good tonight, all i know is someone needs to get there stuff right for basketball season. Oakland was as solid team, Siegel is just rolling and could compete with anyone right now. I feel confident they'll go into lebanon with a chip on there shoulder and leave a playoff team. I remember going to a preseason scrimage and them having some leadership problems and players that were seniors not stepping up. Montori yelled about how he wanted to win and wanted to make the playoffs. Here it is, on the table for the taking. Its with in grasp. All the stars have to do is go get it and keep wanting it more then lebanon. Good Job Stars, GET ONE MORE WIN!

well said siegelgrad, sad sad

Go Stars

Yeah I can really tell most the hot heads that care graduated by the lack of fan support shown by the students. I don't think any of US hot heads were like davidbaxter, we were just loyal die hard fans that no matter what the record attended EVERY game. I did not miss a game all last year and havent been to one this season, but boy its pathetic what you guys do with such a great football team. Wish we has something so great to cheer for. Id do anything to be in your shoes. No one cheered or tailgated like the class of 06 and 07. But as for the game, Pico Nance gets my game ball on offense. He came out ready to run and he ran hard all night, except for when we got winded and was vomiting on the sidelines, but he reentered after that. As for defense, Montori "The Pain Train" Hughes gets the game ball. He is a player. He was in on almost every play and made a couple tremendous plays on the quarterback. He is fun to watch. As for Oakland, bright spots are your qb will mature and turn into quite the player, he already is solid for being so young. Precious is a stud. He is a tremendous talent and your o line was not very impressive but he made plays anyways. Oaklands fans> Siegels fans. Its really pathetic what the all mighty siegel student section has turned into. The O Zone was looking good tonight, all i know is someone needs to get there stuff right for basketball season. Oakland was as solid team, Siegel is just rolling and could compete with anyone right now. I feel confident they'll go into lebanon with a chip on there shoulder and leave a playoff team. I remember going to a preseason scrimage and them having some leadership problems and players that were seniors not stepping up. Montori yelled about how he wanted to win and wanted to make the playoffs. Here it is, on the table for the taking. Its with in grasp. All the stars have to do is go get it and keep wanting it more then lebanon. Good Job Stars, GET ONE MORE WIN!

Pretty sure I know who you are now. I didn't say that to offend anyone. It was more to davidbaxter. Anyways, yes cheering sections in the past have been much better for us i totally agree. there are a coupld of die hard fans still here who try to get the guys to paint and cheer but all the other guys think they are to cool for it. How are we supposed to change that? You can't make someone do something if they don't want to. so don't sit here and say we all don't try because some of us do. It's just not like previous years. However, I am not and have never been one of the major ones to yell and scream every single game. I prefer to sit and focus on the game. Also, I'm a female, so me painting up wouldn't be that great of ideas. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congratulations to Siegel. You are definately a different team with a different mindset than you were over the last few years. I hope OHS can dig deep to pull out a region win next week. I just hate it for all of the players, especially the ones graduating this year. I agree with a lot of posters it was GREAT to see the OHS fan section. Kudos to every one of you. You will never know how much your support means to these young men. No matter what team you play for you all put in hours and hours of practice, sweat, and hard work. You all deserve credit for that. Let's go Patriots! End this year with a win against Blackman.

Congratulations to Siegel. You are definately a different team with a different mindset than you were over the last few years. I hope OHS can dig deep to pull out a region win next week. I just hate it for all of the players, especially the ones graduating this year. I agree with a lot of posters it was GREAT to see the OHS fan section. Kudos to every one of you. You will never know how much your support means to these young men. No matter what team you play for you all put in hours and hours of practice, sweat, and hard work. You all deserve credit for that. Let's go Patriots! End this year with a win against Blackman.

PATMAN, it is great to see another Oakland poster on here. As the season winds down, there are fewer and fewer of us on here supporting these players. You are exactly right in that they deserve us to cheer them on. If we give up, then so will they. I have always said that it takes more to suit up when you are losing,to go hard at practices and games than it does to do it when you are headed for the playoffs. You really have to gut it out and look for positives right now. Right now they may be filled with negatives, but I can tell you from experience that when these kids look back yrs from now they will have many fond memories of their football days and friendships from Oakland. The undying support from parents, students, boosters, and administrators is admirable and appreciated. Let's make this last game the best one yet.

LOL LOL LOL, last in the region. You are now officially the bottom feeders. Blackman will blaze you good this week and they are pretty awful themselves, but at least they can score once in awhile. Glad the indoor facility made such a difference for your team this year. Maybe you can rent it out to all of us going to the playoffs!Our students do not have to make fools of themselves at games. Who cares which student section is best. We have a team to be proud of at Siegel. State Bound and next to get the gold in the county. How did you like your serving of pico?

One reminder, you have to get past Lebanon to get in the playoffs. Don't put the horse before the cart or you might just get run over. Then you have to get past the other teams in region 3 .

Until you strap on the pads yourself, you really have no right to put down our team. YOU didn't beat them, your players did. It is obvious that your school doesn't really like you anyway. They are trying their best to amend their image on here and the best thing that they could do is to shut you up.

I am proud of our students. Your students used to show pride for your team when it was losing too.....back in the day. It is sad that you can come out for bball games and not for football too. Our players have more character than you could ever hope to have even in your wildest dreams.

Baxter if you call whatever ya'll are doing support then your just an idiot. Thats not support, Siegel football should have a full bandwagon of students and it doesnt, NEVER would i consider skipping a game to see Kanye West like most of the student section did this year. I have driven by at 5 o clock and no tailgaters at all are out there. As soon as 310 hit we were busy getting everything ready to tailgate. You make your self sound like a blithering fool that knows nothing at all. Oaklands not a horrible team, give your stars some credit. There playing great football right now(not sure you ever know whatt great football is). Im just glad you werent on here last year during my time, I dont know if i could have been bust arguing that siegel is not awful or if id have to save our image with your wild ludacris remarks. Take a chill pill with the idiotic remarks. Worry about your team winning one more game, downgrading lebanon and giving there players bulletin board material over a message boards is NOT helping your team.

PATMAN, it is great to see another Oakland poster on here. As the season winds down, there are fewer and fewer of us on here supporting these players. You are exactly right in that they deserve us to cheer them on. If we give up, then so will they. I have always said that it takes more to suit up when you are losing,to go hard at practices and games than it does to do it when you are headed for the playoffs. You really have to gut it out and look for positives right now. Right now they may be filled with negatives, but I can tell you from experience that when these kids look back yrs from now they will have many fond memories of their football days and friendships from Oakland. The undying support from parents, students, boosters, and administrators is admirable and appreciated. Let's make this last game the best one yet.

GO PATS!