Knox Karns @ Science Hill

topvol98

ss had plenty of time to find the talent, yet he relied on the other coaches which had previously been part of a less than perfect program. You obviously don't get it so I'll spell it out for you as clearly as I can. They played the same people at the same positions and got horrible results and made no changes untll forced in one instance at QB.

There were other positions that needed changes.......nobody ( coaches) talked to these kids and made any difference and the kids don't even know what they're doing wrong..........aside from the obvious not holding on to the ball and dropping passes. The blame starts at the top and unfortunately ss is at the top. These kids aren't looking for excuses.........they're looking for guidance!!! And as for your bs about how it all starts at home.......come on.....get in the real world...........ask Thomas' dad how that works out. Their is a lot more to the story than you obviously know and I don't want to single any kids out, so for their sake I'll just say........there are 5 kids that get playing time on varsity and that comes directly from Daddy's connections.

Clarify please, are you saying there are problems at home? Which I really don't think you are but I know for the last two years that Tomas has been told to keep working hard, don't give anyone a resaon to say something bad about you, be a good teammate and to be ready to take advantage of the opportunity when it presents itself. I haven't heard much about how he played last night but I thought he did better than "decent" as the JC Press described it. For someone who has only played token snaps the last two years, I thought he threw the ball very well (especailly for a "runner") and was in control of the offense and the offense had a good tempo. I think he hit receivers in stride and you could see him making progressions on his reads. He might have kept it on the pitch that led to the fumble retrun for a touchdown. He made one pass into traffic that might not have been thrown but the velocity had on the ball prevented a turnover. The completed passes were caught in stride and gave the receives opportunities to do something after the reception. His legs opened running lanes for the rbs and himself. He was sacked once on a double screen that was well defended but still had 23 yards rushing after the 15 yards from the sack on 4 carries. I would like to hear other opnions of his performance from people who saw the game.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clarify please, are you saying there are problems at home? Which I really don't think you are but I know for the last two years that Tomas has been told to keep working hard, don't give anyone a resaon to say something bad about you, be a good teammate and to be ready to take advantage of the opportunity when it presents itself. I haven't heard much about how he played last night but I thought he did better than "decent" as the JC Press described it. For someone who has only played token snaps the last two years, I thought he threw the ball very well (especailly for a "runner") and was in control of the offense and the offense had a good tempo. I think he hit receivers in stride and you could see him making progressions on his reads. He might have kept it on the pitch that led to the fumble retrun for a touchdown. He made one pass into traffic that might not have been thrown but the velocity had on the ball prevented a turnover. The completed passes were caught in stride and gave the receives opportunities to do something after the reception. His legs opened running lanes for the rbs and himself. He was sacked once on a double screen that was well defended but still had 23 yards rushing after the 15 yards from the sack on 4 carries. I would like to hear other opnions of his performance from people who saw the game.

No, No, No, sorry for not being more clear. Thomas did a GREAT job. I was just making a point that had been suggested earlier about working hard in the off season and not blaming coaches. I heard Thomas worked very hard in the off season for QB on his own and he wasn't given QB1 from the start. For someone that had to step in with so much adversity and step in at the end of the season ( without many game snaps) he couldn't have played any better.

TOPPERS YOU LOST THAT SIMPLE, DON'T MAKE EXCUSES, THAT IS WHERE IT STARTS YOU THE FANS MAKE THEM THEN YOUR PLAYERS WILL CONTINUE THE PROCESS OF EXCUSE MAKING. THE BEST PART OF THE KARNS VICTORY IS THAT THE SC PLAYERS THAT HAD LITTLE CLASS TO LAUGH AT THE KARNS PLAYERS AS THEY WERE WARMING UP AND SHOWING THEM NO RESPECT LEARNED A VERY IMPORTANT LESSON MAKE SURE YOU CAN BEAT THE TEAM YOU LAUGH AT BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T YOU LOOK LIKE THE LOSER GOOD LUCK BEAVERS WITH BUILDING A WINNING TEAM OVER THE NEXT FEW SEASONS

TOPPERS YOU LOST THAT SIMPLE, DON'T MAKE EXCUSES, THAT IS WHERE IT STARTS YOU THE FANS MAKE THEM THEN YOUR PLAYERS WILL CONTINUE THE PROCESS OF EXCUSE MAKING. THE BEST PART OF THE KARNS VICTORY IS THAT THE SC PLAYERS THAT HAD LITTLE CLASS TO LAUGH AT THE KARNS PLAYERS AS THEY WERE WARMING UP AND SHOWING THEM NO RESPECT LEARNED A VERY IMPORTANT LESSON MAKE SURE YOU CAN BEAT THE TEAM YOU LAUGH AT BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T YOU LOOK LIKE THE LOSER GOOD LUCK BEAVERS WITH BUILDING A WINNING TEAM OVER THE NEXT FEW SEASONS

Silly, how many times do you see two fumbles return for touchdowns for over 50 yards. No one has made excuses seems that most people are more concerned about talking Science Hill football than anything about karns so maybe that's why you need to express yourself in this manner. The beavers did what it took to win but they were aided in it by the Hilltoppers mistakes.

No, No, No, sorry for not being more clear. Thomas did a GREAT job. I was just making a point that had been suggested earlier about working hard in the off season and not blaming coaches. I heard Thomas worked very hard in the off season for QB on his own and he wasn't given QB1 from the start. For someone that had to step in with so much adversity and step in at the end of the season ( without many game snaps) he couldn't have played any better.

I didn't think that you meant anything by it. It really is Tomas without the "h" their is an accent over the "a" but I don't know if it is able to type it in.

First of all does everyone really think that there are more than 4 maybe 5 good players on this Topper team? I mean really! Topvol I am not sucking up but Tomas is the only one that with a year at a prep school (look into it) or 2 at Juco (preferrably the 1st) would do anything including special teams on a D1 AA or A team. I am not being stupid, pessimistic or the devils advocate! He does have the wheels and the arm - but he should play QB for a veer, wing T, or wishbone offense. He was in the best position for the slot attack offense, which usually allows 4 or 5 - 1,000+ rushers/ receivers.

Hill top fan i do not want to be disrespectful; man I have been involved in programs where the coaches were the best in the world and still had problems (because you usually have 10 - 15 players that are hearing a totally different story at home! In addition to the mixed messages you have kids that are Lazier than crap and have no work ethic what so ever - even when you tell them what it takes to make to the next level because you have been there they still slack off! I have also seen some horrible coaches have tons of success - just because the parents said no matter what the coach is right! Now I don't know who you are but i know what it takes to be successful and/or make it to the next level and blaming a coach is never it! I am certain (without a shadow of doubt that SS met more adversity than not! He has to combat this attitude of priviledge that SH athletes seem to have, why I do not know - man we have not beaten DB since 1995, we have been beaten by 4A teams over and over!!!!!! That is a measure! Never have I ever blamed a coach on any level or questioned his decisions! If there was ever a question I always put it on myself to work harder! I developed relationships with my brothers (a sense of family can not be coached it must be PARENTED!) You give me one example of a kid that is being worked at home. I talk to many dads and some of them work too much (THAT IS THEIR FAULT) family first always! A coach can not teach discipline, determination, or courage. A kid develops these characteristics by seeing them in action AT HOME!

Mister History - the problems with many different attitudes on a team now is that a Coach can't handle it like they did years ago! I remember my freshman year I had a problem and I did not stop running till I puked (that was the requirement!) Can you imagine a coach doing that today? I have two words for you LAW SUIT! It can not be ultimately the coach's fault because he can not exactly handle discipline they way he would like to.

I feel like a father if there is one there needs to be saying the same thing the coach is saying and it does not take meeting with him every week! There is always a parent meeting - get the handouts and sell out!

Ultimately no matter what I say here, everyone is entitled to there opinion. If the TOPPERS were 7-3 you would be on here 1 praising the Coach or 2 complaining about your kid's PT!

I LOVE the TOPPERS!!!!!!!!

I also love everyones opinions it lets me see the big picture! If and when I am wrong i will work on it!

Silly, how many times do you see two fumbles return for touchdowns for over 50 yards. No one has made excuses seems that most people are more concerned about talking Science Hill football than anything about karns so maybe that's why you need to express yourself in this manner. The beavers did what it took to win but they were aided in it by the Hilltoppers mistakes.

FUMBLES OR NOT, THE COACHING STAFF AT SC SHOULD TEACH THIER PLAYERS TO HAVE A LITTLE CLASS, AS IT GOES SC HAS SOME VERY GOOD BALL PLAYERS AND THEY DID MAKE SOME MISTAKES, BUT INSTEAD OF SAYING KARNS NOJ PRETTY AND THINGS OF THAT NATURE, SC FANS SHOULD AT LEAST AKNOWLEDGE THE BEAVERS CAME IN ON SENIOR NIGHT AND PLAYED A PRETTY GOOD GAME, AND AS FAR AS I CAN TELL THE BEAVERS MOVED THE BALL DOWN THE FIELD TO TAKE THE LEAD LATE IN THE GAME, LEAVING SC TO TRY AND SCORE ON A DEFENSE THAT HAD CLOSED THEM DOWN MOST OF THE NIGHT THE SECOND FUMBLE ONLY SEALED THE DEAL. SC'S OFFENSE WAS HEALD TO TWO FIELD GOALS AND WAS STOPED EARLY DEEP IN THIER TERRIORTY, SO I THINK THE BEAVERS DESERVE A LITTLE CREDIT FOR PLAYING BETTER THAN SC ON FRIDAY, THEY (BEAVERS ) HAVE HAD LITTLE SUCCESS AND WINS OVER PROGRAMS LIKE SC WILL MAYBE GIVE THEM SOME POSITIVES TO BUILD ON, NO DISRESPECT TO SC

FUMBLES OR NOT, THE COACHING STAFF AT SC SHOULD TEACH THIER PLAYERS TO HAVE A LITTLE CLASS, AS IT GOES SC HAS SOME VERY GOOD BALL PLAYERS AND THEY DID MAKE SOME MISTAKES, BUT INSTEAD OF SAYING KARNS NOJ PRETTY AND THINGS OF THAT NATURE, SC FANS SHOULD AT LEAST AKNOWLEDGE THE BEAVERS CAME IN ON SENIOR NIGHT AND PLAYED A PRETTY GOOD GAME, AND AS FAR AS I CAN TELL THE BEAVERS MOVED THE BALL DOWN THE FIELD TO TAKE THE LEAD LATE IN THE GAME, LEAVING SC TO TRY AND SCORE ON A DEFENSE THAT HAD CLOSED THEM DOWN MOST OF THE NIGHT THE SECOND FUMBLE ONLY SEALED THE DEAL. SC'S OFFENSE WAS HEALD TO TWO FIELD GOALS AND WAS STOPED EARLY DEEP IN THIER TERRIORTY, SO I THINK THE BEAVERS DESERVE A LITTLE CREDIT FOR PLAYING BETTER THAN SC ON FRIDAY, THEY (BEAVERS ) HAVE HAD LITTLE SUCCESS AND WINS OVER PROGRAMS LIKE SC WILL MAYBE GIVE THEM SOME POSITIVES TO BUILD ON, NO DISRESPECT TO SC

Okay it is either JC or SH. Maybe even SHHS, but never SC?

So looks like we have it narrowed down to 3 things now. Its either the players fault, the parents, or the coach. I say all three partys meet down at the Waffle House and have it out.

Yes it is all three! The order is Parents, players, then coach. It starts with the parents, they create the players that coaches eventually inherit. Coaches (especially High School Coaches) can not be held 100% responsible for kids they inherit when they are 14 or 15 years old. They have developed habits (bad or good) they have their attitudes set work ethic and so on.

If they met at the waffle house the Coaches would be ready to eat, the parents would be late since they got the memo late, the kids would end up dropping the ball in the end! LOL!

First of all does everyone really think that there are more than 4 maybe 5 good players on this Topper team? I mean really! Topvol I am not sucking up but Tomas is the only one that with a year at a prep school (look into it) or 2 at Juco (preferrably the 1st) would do anything including special teams on a D1 AA or A team. I am not being stupid, pessimistic or the devils advocate! He does have the wheels and the arm - but he should play QB for a veer, wing T, or wishbone offense. He was in the best position for the slot attack offense, which usually allows 4 or 5 - 1,000+ rushers/ receivers.

Hill top fan i do not want to be disrespectful; man I have been involved in programs where the coaches were the best in the world and still had problems (because you usually have 10 - 15 players that are hearing a totally different story at home! In addition to the mixed messages you have kids that are Lazier than crap and have no work ethic what so ever - even when you tell them what it takes to make to the next level because you have been there they still slack off! I have also seen some horrible coaches have tons of success - just because the parents said no matter what the coach is right! Now I don't know who you are but i know what it takes to be successful and/or make it to the next level and blaming a coach is never it! I am certain (without a shadow of doubt that SS met more adversity than not! He has to combat this attitude of priviledge that SH athletes seem to have, why I do not know - man we have not beaten DB since 1995, we have been beaten by 4A teams over and over!!!!!! That is a measure! Never have I ever blamed a coach on any level or questioned his decisions! If there was ever a question I always put it on myself to work harder! I developed relationships with my brothers (a sense of family can not be coached it must be PARENTED!) You give me one example of a kid that is being worked at home. I talk to many dads and some of them work too much (THAT IS THEIR FAULT) family first always! A coach can not teach discipline, determination, or courage. A kid develops these characteristics by seeing them in action AT HOME!

Mister History - the problems with many different attitudes on a team now is that a Coach can't handle it like they did years ago! I remember my freshman year I had a problem and I did not stop running till I puked (that was the requirement!) Can you imagine a coach doing that today? I have two words for you LAW SUIT! It can not be ultimately the coach's fault because he can not exactly handle discipline they way he would like to.

I feel like a father if there is one there needs to be saying the same thing the coach is saying and it does not take meeting with him every week! There is always a parent meeting - get the handouts and sell out!

Ultimately no matter what I say here, everyone is entitled to there opinion. If the TOPPERS were 7-3 you would be on here 1 praising the Coach or 2 complaining about your kid's PT!

I also love everyones opinions it lets me see the big picture! If and when I am wrong i will work on it!

mr. Bigg there is more than one way to skin a cat you do not have to run a kid to get him to change his atitude i thought you was a coach. playing on a high school football team is not a right it is a priveledge. When you have your parent meeting before the season starts you lay down the law to the parents. and you also let your players know attitudes will not be tolerated the best medicine for attitudes is the bench. It is a very good medicine for this. if the parents want to know you tell them what has happened and tell them you was told in the parent meeting about your solution to attitudes. And yes Mr. Bigg the coach is responsible for all aspects of the program from attitudes to the won and loss records if he wasn't why is called the head coach.

The only one on the whole team? Prep school? What about Trent, Duanah, Joslin, Hamilton and Fields? Certainly T. Hill has a good shot at college ball, but to say he is the only one?? You haven't seen many games have you? I totally disagree!