Smyrna vs Riverdale

82cat

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great 4th quarter comeback by the Warriors!! Region 4-5A Champions!!!

Congrats to Coach A, the rest of the coaches, and the Warrior football team for a truely outstanding accomplishment. Enjoy that one for the weekend and then start getting ready for even bigger games ahead. I've never been prouder of a Riverdale team than I was of that one in the 4th quarter tonight.

Kudos to Smyrna on a great game...especially that huge 3d quarter. We finally got to see what the Sonny and Rod show was all about.

Go Warriors!!!

wew, that was a GOOD one...thats the type of smyrna/riverdale game that people have expected for years (smyrna has dissapointed all but in the playoffs this past year). wilkes is legit man and i tell you what he has a proud pappa and good family support i had to sit on smyrna side so i was on the same row as them. this really is the first time riverdale fans have seen what the hype is about he hadnt done much the other years.

its hard for mcclain tho cause the size dissadvantage with wilkes but he made up for it on offense rushing for 167 and 2 TD's. boy i will tell ya i am so proud off joseph grimes 2 INT's off sonny the one gave us the game winning drive.

as usual you have to get to some of the calls, why not give verge his TD when he got the ball from sonny? (on the fumble or INT whatever they ruled it) that was lame to me i dont know what ruling they came up with there, and that was big for smyrna cause they held us to 3 (great job beckwith on kick 37 yards).

also we were playing defense and smyrna was going for it on 4th and 15 and joey lee (he was hurt coming into the game also) was in coverage on a guy and tripped over hisself unintentionally then the receiver tripped over him but it wasnt even the intended receiver. the ref thought about it and realized it was a great time to give smyrna some help and the late flag comes flying in...that gave them a 1st down that set up a touchdown making it 23-15

verge ended up having an offensive TD later on catching a 19 yard TD pass wide open in endzone. verge, grimes, smith, and lilienthal all were our leaders tonight i believe. lilienthal was out there keepin the oline hyped he was a real vocal leader tonight and i know he played 100%. vanhoose a solid game also he looked kinda fresh in the #4 (usually #21).

WAY to pull it out seniors these the guys that beat you by 2 last year and beat you 13-7 in freshman ball so this was sweet. the only other time riverdale has been down by 9 while we were in high school was against oak ridge so this aint new to us, you responded well and passed the test /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

i think most will be willing to agree the best team won, riverdale drove the ball most all night smyrna kept getting short fields and it turned into the rod wilkes show

http://preps.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section...p;game_id=76861

WHEW WHAT A GAME....first off i have never been treated so bad by a team than i was tonight...one lady threatened to take my wifes jacket off when my wife refused to take it off then when somyrna was doing good we had a lot of heclers and trash talkers and in your face people BUT by the end of the game they were all gone so it was worth it...we got there at 6:00 and our side was FULL oh well

as for the game started off great...we took the opening kickoff for a TD then first play from scrimmage we intrecept it and run it in for TD BUT WAAAIIIIITTTTTTTT a minute...ref calls in advertant whistle so we had to keep the ball at the point of interception (although it had no effect on the play)and the smyrna defense held us to a feild goal and for SOME REASON we decide to kick off to wilks 2 of our first 3 kickoffs was kicked right to him he hurt us the first time and burned us the second time he touched the ball i do not know why we let him touch the ball there (which he did not the rest of the night til the end on a squib kick that they let get all the way down to the 10)he takes it for a TD and he wasnt even touched.

other than that the first half was ours we was up 23-7 at the half smyrna gets the ball at kickoff in the 3rd and drive it down for a TD...then we turn the ball over and they convert into another TD and smyrna actually goes up by 9 in the 3rd QTR 32-23 we have the ball with about 3:00 in the 3rd all the way to 7:00 minutes to go in the 4th and we score a TD then we intercept the ball on third down with about 5:00 to go and tre does a great job of getting the ball in the endzone for the go ahead TD..it was a very good game and i am glad that call in the first didnt end up hurting us we had too many penalites and too many turnovers and i am VERY PROUD OF OUR KIDS for sticking together to pull this one out thru all the adversity there are 2 things that i want to point out....WHY ARE WE NOT HITTING ROD at the line we gave him free rein and let him do what he wanted and he made us pay dearly...2nd if they have all 11 guys within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage why are we not throwing a little more to back them up each time we threw the ball the reciever was WIDE OPEN please dont be stubborn if they are inviting to pass like that TAKE IT you know the old saying run til they stop it...it will help our run to back all those guys off the line of scrimmage just my 2 cents

I am very happy to be 9-0 and i am very proud of my WARRIORS a lot of teams would have quit but my WARRIORS stuck together and got the job done

GO WARRIORS